New Liberal Triumvirate Senators Scott Brown, Susan Collins and Olympia Snowe

Well, i have not paid enough attention to this bill....to know enough to comment one way or the other, as to what benefits or drawbacks that it may have....but the one thing that does concern me is Russ Feingold's vote....In most all other issues or votes, I tended to agree with the stances that Feingold has taken, even if he bucked the party....so I need to delve in to this and see why feingold voted against it....?

Liberals want the Big Three broken up into smaller investment/lending institutions. They don't believe the bill goes far enough to prevent another "bailout."

Well, i have not paid enough attention to this bill....to know enough to comment one way or the other, as to what benefits or drawbacks that it may have....but the one thing that does concern me is Russ Feingold's vote....In most all other issues or votes, I tended to agree with the stances that Feingold has taken, even if he bucked the party....so I need to delve in to this and see why feingold voted against it....?

Liberals want the Big Three broken up into smaller investment/lending institutions. They don't believe the bill goes far enough to prevent another "bailout."

Liberals?

Back in January when I described Scott Brown as a pro-choice John McCain boy oh boy did I hear from the right.

Okay, I was wrong. He's well to the left of McCain.

Scott Brown has already figured out that if he wants to get reelected in a predominantly Democratic state, he needs to move away from the JUST-SAY-NO crowd.

Republicans need to realize that in order to get Republicans elected in the Northeast they will have to elect more centrist candidates

Not just the NE. Last few elections cycles along with this one are pointing towards this idea of centrist leadership. Obama was elected because he put forth a centrist platform that mirrored Clinton's in many ways. McCain swung right and went down with the ship of right wing end of the spectrum bullshitism

:eek:

Nothing much is going to change as far as attitudinal politics in Washington until one by one the old Southern conservatives retire or don't get reelected. These are the marauding Republicans who have a LOT of clout and who refuse to give up their total control over their personal agendas and try to work toward a unified government.

Liberals?

Yes, the true "liberals." Feingold is a liberal Democrat.

Back in January when I described Scott Brown as a pro-choice John McCain boy oh boy did I hear from the right.

Scott Brown has already figured out that if he wants to get reelected in a predominantly Democratic state, he needs to move away from the JUST-SAY-NO crowd.

It's no big deal. The Tea Partiers are already off Brown and onto their third mistake, Rand Paul.

Jobs Bill Details Released: Read The Memo

Last edited:

It's no big deal. The Tea Partiers are already off Brown and onto their third mistake, Rand Paul.

I think they're looking for a newbie to come out of nowhere, pass GO, and move straight to the Oval Office (like Obama did). Ironically, we're already seeing copycat sloganeering of "change" for 2012. Imagine that.

On C-Span this morning, ol' veteran Newt Gingrich all but said he will run. He and his wife are "rounding out" their private business interests and he said he would announce by September. Newt is touting his latest book "To Save America," which appears to be loaded with moral questions and sprinkled with religious overtones. If he hopes to reach the Oval office, he should know by now that it isn't winnable by wedge issues alone. And I guess he's forgotten about his own set of "moral values" when he divorced his wife for another woman while the wife was undergoing cancer treatment.

However, in spite of his own personal transgressions, he's a brilliant man and was a huge part of the successful leadership of the 1990's.

I think they're looking for a newbie to come out of nowhere, pass GO, and move straight to the Oval Office (like Obama did). Ironically, we're already seeing copycat sloganeering of "change" for 2012. Imagine that.

On C-Span this morning, ol' veteran Newt Gingrich all but said he will run. He and his wife are "rounding out" their private business interests and he said he would announce by September. Newt is touting his latest book "To Save America," which appears to be loaded with moral questions and sprinkled with religious overtones. If he hopes to reach the Oval office, he should know by now that it isn't winnable by wedge issues alone. And I guess he's forgotten about his own set of "moral values" when he divorced his wife for another woman while the wife was undergoing cancer treatment.

However, in spite of his own personal transgressions, he's a brilliant man and was a huge part of the successful leadership of the 1990's.

I'd love to see Newt run....

We haven't been able to pick on him in 15 years

:lol:

:lol:

and its not just Newt...

Its going to be a veritable Rogues Gallery of GOP candidates

Going to make for some fun threads about who said the dumbest thing each day

Concerning Scott Brown

Scott Brown told his supporters that he was not going to "just follow the Republican herd" on every vote.

Scott Brown is a right of center Republican and not necessary a conservative. Personally, I wish the Republican party will elect more Scott Browns, Olympia Snowes and Susan Collins and may get the chance when Florida sends up Charlie Crist.

To those Birchers on the far right--most of us do not agree with you. I guess that means most people are COMMUNISTS seeking to destroy AMERICA with OUR on ideas and it is up to you REAL AMERICAN capitalists to stop it.

In other words--William F Buckley was right about you! Birchers are bat shit crazy and if left to their devices will destroy all creditability of the right through the utterance of their conspiracies. See World Nut Daily for examples!

Republicans need to realize that in order to get Republicans elected in the Northeast they will have to elect more centrist candidates

Republicans have been running "centrist" candidates for the past few decades. Maybe people just actually want a change?
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.....

"centrists" have quite the reputation for saying "NO!!!", all-the-time....

:rolleyes:

....Wherever McCain might BE, from-day-to-day......

:rolleyes:

dementiaexpress.jpg

"HEY, you kids!! Git' away from MY BUS!!"

Forum List

Back