New Leftist Line: Benghazi Was Chris Stevens' Fault, And He's Dead, So Let's Move On

Wehrwolfen

May 22, 2012
New Leftist Line: Benghazi Was Chris Stevens' Fault, And He's Dead, So Let's Move On​

—Ace

Joe Klein offers a series of propositions, each more risible than the last, culminating with the claim that Chris Stevens didn't want any more security in Benghazi at all, he wanted to be "with the people in the streets." Read more:(Video: Scarborough vs Klein on Susan Rice (Spolier… does not end well for Klein) « The Greenroom)

Whether he wanted the people to invite themselves over from the streets inside the compound, and then to the safehouse, bringing house-warming presents of mortars and sodomy is unknown.

The security team's requests for additional security were repeatedly denied by the US State Department -- not Chris Stevens. Read more: (Email Shows State Department Rejecting Request of Security Team at US Embassy in Libya - ABC News) Chris Stevens was copied on one such email. If he wanted to object, and say "No I want to be 'in the streets with the people," he could have said so there and spared poor Hillary Clinton the embarrassment.

Read more:
Ace of Spades HQ

Can you imagine the uproar if this had happened under the Bush Administration? There would have been rioting in the streets...

In January 2011, during an appearance on CNN's Reliable Sources, Klein criticized the mainstream media for not handling complex issues properly, singling out MSNBC host Ed Schultz:

“ I was on Ed Schultz's show to discuss Afghanistan. I was just back from there. It is the most complicated issue imaginable. And the guy writes down on a piece of paper "Get Out Now" and holds it up in front of the screen. That's so stupid and it's so unworthy... it's one of the reasons why people hold [pundits] in lower regard than they do lawyers.[25][26] ”

In March 2008, Klein aroused controversy after making what many saw as an anti-Catholic remark: "I do believe there's something weird a few of our colleagues have [against Hillary Clinton]," he said. "They tend to be Roman Catholics, actually. People like Tim Russert, Chris Matthews, Maureen Dowd." He later apologized. Others, such as media critic Bob Somerby, defended Klein's comment as accurate

Joe Klein - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Can you imagine the uproar if this had happened under the Bush Administration? There would have been rioting in the streets...

If double-standards and hypocrisies didn't exist the left would be silent.

Of course they want this tragic debacle to go away - but it ain't! To blame Chris Stevens is as about as appalling as it gets! The Obama administration is soley to blame for the tragedy, and for the coverup!

When Reagan lost 241 military men one night in Lebannon, the uproar was deafening, well maybe not deafening. In fact, how many even remember the loss of so many marines killed on the peace keeping mission? Reagan had been warned it was unsafe? Maybe the invasion of Grenada a few days later took some of the steam out of the protests over Lebannon. Those things happen in that area of the world.

Yeah, after Bush allowed 3,000+ Americans to die on 9/11, there were riots everywhere.....:eusa_eh:

Except for the fact that under Bubba Clinton's watch all four terrorist pilots trained in the U.S., That was while America had ungone attacks at WTC #1, South African Embassies Bombings, Khobar Towers, and the USS Cole. But hey, Let's blame Bush for it all. Never mind the incompetence of Clinton and his hog tying of our intelligence agencies up with red tape.
BTW you forgot to mention the KIA in Afghanistan under Oblamer.

Yeah, after Bush allowed 3,000+ Americans to die on 9/11, there were riots everywhere.....:eusa_eh:

Not about 9-11, Bush, Clinton or anyone but Barry and his State Department.

BTW Bush didn't allow anyone to die. The dirtbags who flew the planes did that.

Clinton had the same info and passed it to Bush. Clinton had that info longer than Bush did. I guess Clinton should have shut the whole country down on vague warnings. I doubt the American people would have put up with that for long.

Whatever floats your boat.

Clinton had the same info and passed it to Bush. Clinton had that info longer than Bush did. I guess Clinton should have shut the whole country down on vague warnings. I doubt the American people would have put up with that for long.

Analogies are not your friend.

It did happen under the Bush administration and everyone rallied around the President

I don't think you quite got the hang of them either. There isn't really an equivalent example during the Bush years. During the Clinton years there are many examples of embassy attacks with varied levels of response but even then I don't believe Clinton had left an embassy under secured when informed of a pending attack.

It did happen under the Bush administration and everyone rallied around the President

Not quite.

9/11 was a direct attack on American soil; continental American soil. A thought that was previously inconcievable.

Embassy attacks have been happening since the 70's in many different forms. A lot different when we are in a hostile country and are informed of a possible threat that's pending. There are procedures and protocols that should be in place to follow should an attack occur.

Reviewing what happened and when may be a politically motivated endeavour for some but the real heart of the matter is to find out where the miscommunication was so our other embassies don't experience similar results.

In 1993 she joined the administration of President Clinton, serving at the National Security Council. She held various positions, including director for International Organizations and Peacekeeping, special assistant to the president and senior director for African Affairs.

She was a policy adviser during the genocide in Rwanda and also at a time when the Clinton administration was determining how to handle the emergence of al-Qaeda as a terror threat.

Clinton and his foreign policy staff were criticized for failing to intervene in a serious way to stop the 1994 genocide in which more than 500,000 people were killed, a decision that Clinton would say was the worst mistake of his presidency.

Clinton's foreign policy staff had to fend off criticism it failed to do more to nab al-Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden prior to Sept. 11, 2001. According to former ambassador to Sudan,Timothy Carney, when the Sudan offered to help the United States capture bin Laden, Rice and counter-terrorism czar Richard Clarke advised against it. Later, the 9-11 Commission said no credible evidence existed that Sudan would have made good on its offer.

GOP senators criticize Susan Rice after meeting

Last edited:
Bush didn't give a stand down order. obama did.

Bush had control of the most expensive, technologically advanced and largest military in the WORLD, and yet a few ragheads still managed to kill over 3,000 Americans on OUR OWN SOIL. And you all want to bitch about Benghazi? Really?

Well Clinton had the same info. He passed it to Bush. Should he have shut the whole country down??

He also had several opportunities to kill UBL long before 9-11 but he didn't take them. Guess he's to blame for the attack then. Right.

Forum List

Back