New Law In London Would Fine Homeless £1,000 For Sleeping Outside Or “Loitering”

They are hoping that The Donald will come over and loiter.

How in the hell is a homeless person supposed to pay a £1,000 fine?

New Law In London Would Fine Homeless £1,000 For Sleeping Outside Or "Loitering"

The homeless people in Hackney, London are facing expulsion from the street due to a new law that will allow the police to give out fines and other legal penalties to homeless people who are found loitering, begging and sleeping in commercial places.

It is not a revenue building tactic but a removing of the beggars from the streets. Many "homeless" can make £1000 in a week by begging, and then go back to their flat in Mayfair. It is all about tidying up the streets of London and ridding them of eastern European migrants living rough and being a criminal nuisance.

I wonder whether in Britain there is such form of punishment as “coercive work” (I don’t know how it sounds right in English). That is, if you don’t have money to pay the fine, you are required to be engaged in so-called “public work” (i.e. cleaning the streets or something like that).

I wonder whether in Britain there is such form of punishment as “coercive work” (I don’t know how it sounds right in English). That is, if you don’t have money to pay the fine, you are required to be engaged in so-called “public work” (i.e. cleaning the streets or something like that).

Yes there is, and many find the work demeaning and putting people out of a job. Most find it rewarding having to paint fences round cemeteries, tidy old peoples gardens, pick litter from public places etc. It is called work in the community and was a non runner when introduced for the work shy

New Topics

Forum List

Back