New law could force companies into ruin

More government regulation.... Is this really what the country needs right now? I know it has good intentions but if these companies have to close is it really a good thing?

Is Feb. 10 financial doomsday for thousands?
Yes this is ridiculous. China can send crap into the US and our small business are forced to pay the cost. Dumb.

Just as stupid as requiring all car manufacturers to add expensive valve stems that run up the cost of cars.

Dumb, dumb dumb. Yet don't tax or regulate the bankers, credit card companies and the corporates that strip the wealth of the nation to the bone.

Well, just remember Black Panther Bobby Rush Democrat ILLINOIS sponsored the bill.. :eusa_whistle:

And liberals say lack of regulation is the problem.... So libs tell me how is this regulation helping our country right now?

And liberals say lack of regulation is the problem.... So libs tell me how is this regulation helping our country right now?
Big dif between bank regulation and retail regulation.

listen,, haven't you just witnessed eight years of them NOT helping our country? :lol:

Are you really stupid enough to think that every regulation is the same?

I doubt it.

Some regulations undoubtably are unwise.

Some are absolutely essantial.

Deciding which is which, requires that we understand their purpose and the probable outcomes and costs of putting them in place.

This looks like a dumb idea, to me.

Not as dumb as allowing those items to come into this nation without first testing them, of course, (that would be a case of dumbness by NON regulation, now, isn't it?) but dumb it appears nevertheless.

Last edited:
Are you really stupid enough to think that every regulation is the same?

I doubt it.

Some regulations undoubtably are unwise.

Some are absolutely essantial.

Deciding which is which, requires that we understand their purpose and the probable outcomes and costs of putting them in place.

This looks like a dumb idea, to me.

Not as dumb as allowing those items to come into this nation without first testing them, of course, (that would be a case of dumbness by NON regulation, now, isn't it?) but dumb it appears nevertheless.

Why do we care about this nonsense, anyway? I grew up in a lead-based paint house. Hell, I had toy soldiers that were not only painted in lead paint, they WERE LEAD toys!!!! Consumer protection laws are an absolute joke, the product of Ambulance chasing personal injury lawyer scum...

Why do we care about this nonsense, anyway? I grew up in a lead-based paint house. Hell, I had toy soldiers that were not only painted in lead paint, they WERE LEAD toys!!!! Consumer protection laws are an absolute joke, the product of Ambulance chasing personal injury lawyer scum...

Hmm......... I guess that explains a lot!

No, we have just witnessed eight years of failed protection of our nation, failed wars, and economic debacle. And it was done by liberals, but by the people that you support.

FYI - The economy didn't start going south until the Congress was controlled by Dems....

Sorry, just pointing out facts.

More government regulation.... Is this really what the country needs right now? I know it has good intentions but if these companies have to close is it really a good thing?

What a sensationalist piece of trash article. Per the U.S. consumer product safety commission: Thrift and consignment stores aren't required to certify that their products meet the new legal lead limits. Their only requirement is that they are not allowed to sell items that they know exceed lead limits or have been recalled. So the article's claim that thousands of thrift stores will be forced out of business is bogus.

To the general point about it affecting small businesses - I can only see it as being a problem for those that manufacture and sell their own children's items. Testing for them sounds to be very unaffordable. Most retailers shouldn't have to worry too much about this affecting their business - it seems they only need to assure that the companies that manufacture the items they are purchasing are complying with getting their products tested for lead.

So personally I don't see a problem with this at all; it seems it will help make sure child products are a little bit safer.

Last edited:
listen,, haven't you just witnessed eight years of them NOT helping our country?

Willow, you are a partisan *&^^%*#@.

I am so glad that republicans like you have been so patriotic helping our country.

I put my 21 years in the Marine Corps for my country, what did you do that makes you so patriotic?

Even for you, that statement is unbelievable.

FYI - The economy didn't start going south until the Congress was controlled by Dems....

Sorry, just pointing out facts.

That may be the biggest bullshit comment I've ever read. So it didn't happen from 2000 to 2006? Is that really what you're saying cause if it is then you're either blinded by your partisanship or something else

That may be the biggest bullshit comment I've ever read. So it didn't happen from 2000 to 2006? Is that really what you're saying cause if it is then you're either blinded by your partisanship or something else

Well, according to Barney Frank in 2003 there was no problem with Feddie and Fannie... so please enlighten the rest of us on when the economy started to tank.

Thanks.

Forum List

Back