New kitties

AllieBaba

Rookie
Oct 2, 2007
Our female cat had kittens this summer, but she didn't have them at home. We made a couple of attempts to find them but had no luck.

Yesterday one of the neighborhood kids was in my backyard (I didn't even know!) and he found them under the shed! I don't think they were there previously or our dog would have killed them. The kids spent a big part of the day catching them, they are of course completely wild. Or rather, they WERE.

Four kids speed gentled those unfortunate kittens. They didn't have a chance. Now they're in the house (much to Mylo's dismay). And right now they're watching cartoons in my son's room. They have become oblivious to all noise (they were quite reactive to it yesterday, lol. biting and scratching but the kids were adamant that they would be held and petted). They act interested in stuff, they don't look peaky at all, all in all they're in pretty good shape. A little skinny, but so is mama, and they're ready to start eating. I'm not ready to start feeding because feeding means pooping, but I will start tomorrow. I don't like to burden their little systems with too much at once...being moved, being handled, and feeding all at once is a cat shit catastrophe waiting to happen. So I'll get some kitty chow and litter tonight and put it down for them tomorrow while the kids are at school. Tuesday I'll pick up shots for them.

turn them into a humane where they can be neutered and all....thats a lot of cost just for you even if you keep them get them neutered

I agree, get pics! If you are going to have thme as indoor cats, you can wait on the neutering. I think six months is the usual time frame.

• Banned
turn them into a humane where they can be neutered and all....thats a lot of cost just for you even if you keep them get them neutered

Oh Bones, there's no humane society for a hundred miles or more.

We don't have a stray cat problem (or stray dog) in this town. Between coyotes and people who shoot them, our cat population is good. I'll get my mama kitty fixed this winter so she doesn't have any more, and the kitties have homes to go to.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
  • Banned
I would take pics and actually did, but I've misplaced my camera! I think it might be under my bed...

Forum List

Back