New Kentucky Governor Restores Voting Rights for More Than 100,000 People

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
This is very good news. The last governor took over one hundred of thousands off the rolls by taking their voting rights from them that the governor before him gave back to them.

The governors that restored voting rights are democratic.

The governor that took away voting rights was republican.

So now 100 thousand Kentucky citizens will have the right to vote next year.

That's very good news.

I hope all of them go out and vote.

US voting rights: Governor lifts lifetime ban on voting for more than 100,000 former felons in Kentucky

This is very good news. The last governor took over one hundred of thousands off the rolls by taking their voting rights from them that the governor before him gave back to them.

That's very good news.

US voting rights: Governor lifts lifetime ban on voting for more than 100,000 former felons in Kentucky

So what does the KY law say?

That's very good news.

It’s the correct move yet falls short...

That's very good news.

How does it fall short?

That's very good news.

How does it fall short?
It falls short of full rights restoration, which is an admission of failure of the justice system to adequately render appropriate punishments for a given crime.

That's very good news.

How does it fall short?
It falls short of full rights restoration, which is an admission of failure of the justice system to adequately render appropriate punishments for a given crime.

Yeah, let's go soft on felons, what could possibly go wrong? NYC is going soft on criminals and their murder rate is up 8%.

Part of your punishment of being a felon is losing your privilege to vote.

Please explain why you would want a felon to vote. This is a person who has demonstrated he/she is incapable of rational thought or impulse control.

So of course if they vote, they will vote left. Don't bother answering. Next: Let 16-year-olds to vote. Promise them free cars.

That's very good news.

How does it fall short?

Yeah, let's go soft on felons, what could possibly go wrong? NYC is going soft on criminals and their murder rate is up 8%.

Who said anything about going soft? And the term “felon” rings hollow. Especially when used by those who don’t even know what it means. But I’ll save you the trouble of looking it up. A felon is a person who has been found guilty of a crime in which the sentence could result in more than one year of incarceration. One year plus one day... Viola! “Felon” That’s it....

The convicted doesn’t even have to actually have served that one year plus. Only the possibility of such punishment need exist. Nor does the designation in anyway refer the the severity or type of infraction. Nor is there standardization of sentencing amongst all the states. It makes no distinction between the granny who wrote a bum check 40 years ago, and a serial killer like Jeffery Dahmer.

The Felon label is a retarded standard by which to discriminate against voters, and is frankly unconstitutional. What may be a felony in one state, may not even be a crime in another. But run afoul of that law in one state..? And suddenly you can’t vote in any state? Kinda steps on the toes of others states rights of self determination. And that’s not even broaching the topic of being shut out of Federal election for a state crime. Then there’s the problem of taxation without representation. Oddly enough, a while back there was a war started over exactly that transgression...

The real problem is the completely ineffective method of the one size fits all punishment system we use.

If your primary concern is that these people will vote for “the other guy”; then get better ideas to campaign on...

Last edited:

That's very good news.

How does it fall short?

Who said anything about going soft? And the term “felon” rings hollow. Especially when used by those who don’t even know what it means. But I’ll save you the trouble of looking it up. A felon is a person who has been found guilty of a crime in which the sentence could result in more than one year of incarceration. One year plus one day... Viola! “Felon” That’s it....
The convicted doesn’t even have to actually have served that one year plus. Only the possibility of such punishment need exist. Nor does the designation in anyway refer the the severity or type of infraction. Nor is there standardization of sentencing amongst all the states. It makes no distinction between the granny who wrote a bum check 40 years ago, and a serial killer like Jeffery Dahmer. The Felon label is a retarded standard by which to discriminate against voters. The real problem is the completely ineffective method of the one size fits all punishment system we use.
If your primary concern is that these people will vote for “the other guy”; then get better ideas to campaign on...

The States shouldn't have uniform laws or standardized sentencing. Each State has it's own priorities and are free to govern accordingly. I guess you don't understand the concept of federalism. The KY Constitution bars all felons from voting for life, it does however have a provision for gubernatorial pardons to give relief. This mass relief (ala maobamas DACA program) just shits on the State Constitution and the citizens of the State. But hey, you commies have always been about short cutting Constitutions and the rule of law. Why not go to the trouble of changing the State Constitution and do it the right way?

That's very good news.

How does it fall short?

How does it falls short?

Part of your punishment of being a felon is losing your privilege to vote.

Please explain why you would want a felon to vote. This is a person who has demonstrated he/she is incapable of rational thought or impulse control.

So of course if they vote, they will vote left. Don't bother answering. Next: Let 16-year-olds to vote. Promise them free cars.

Because here in America when a person pays their debt to society they should get all their rights back. They pay taxes yet they don't get any say in their representation? That's just not how things work in most of America.

Kentucky is one of something like 5 states that don't restore voting rights to felons.

I guess you think most of the states in the nation are wrong.

I also guess you believe our legal system and constitution are wrong too since you believe that once a person pays their debt to society they should not have all their rights.

Thank goodness you don't make the rules or have any say in this.

So according to you far right radical extremists, g. gordon liddy, scooter libby, roger stone, michael flynn, paul manafort and michael cohen should never be able to vote again in their lives.

How does it fall short?

The convicted doesn’t even have to actually have served that one year plus. Only the possibility of such punishment need exist. Nor does the designation in anyway refer the the severity or type of infraction. Nor is there standardization of sentencing amongst all the states. It makes no distinction between the granny who wrote a bum check 40 years ago, and a serial killer like Jeffery Dahmer. The Felon label is a retarded standard by which to discriminate against voters. The real problem is the completely ineffective method of the one size fits all punishment system we use.

The States shouldn't have uniform laws or standardized sentencing. Each State has it's own priorities and are free to govern accordingly. I guess you don't understand the concept of federalism. The KY Constitution bars all felons from voting for life, it does however have a provision for gubernatorial pardons to give relief. This mass relief (ala maobamas DACA program) just shits on the State Constitution and the citizens of the State. But hey, you commies have always been about short cutting Constitutions and the rule of law. Why not go to the trouble of changing the State Constitution and do it the right way?

You clearly didn’t understand a word of what I said to you. What a waste of time... But before I leave you to your “bubble”... I should point out another thing you don’t seem to understand.
Not everyone who disagrees with you is to your Left (ie Communist). As hard as it is for some myopic Conservative Republicans to comprehend; there are Republicans who are even further to the right than they are. And for us over here... when we look Left, we see both the “Conservative right”, the “Democrat Left“, “Communists”, and on, and on... And each and every one of you share one thing in common the love of a powerful nanny state. All we see from over here is the lot of you scrapping it out to decide who gets to take the wheel.
All of this is as sure to go over your head, as my last post. So... If you’ll excuse me. I think I’m done wasting my time with you on this matter.

Last edited:
How does it fall short?

You clearly didn’t understand a word of what I said to you. What a waste of time... But before I leave you to your “bubble”... I should point out another thing you don’t seem to understand.
Not everyone who disagrees with you is to your Left (ie Communist). As hard as it is for some myopic Conservative Republicans to comprehend; there are Republicans who are even further to the right than they are. And for us over here... when we look Left, we see both the “Conservative right”, the Democrat Left, Communists, and on, and on... And each and every one of you share one thing in common the love of a powerful nanny state. All we see from over here is the lot of you scrapping it out to decide who gets to take the wheel.
All of this is as sure to go over your head, much like my last post. So... If you’ll excuse me. I think I’m done wasting my time with you on this matter.

I fully understood what you said, I just don't give a shit. Going soft on criminals just encourages more criminals. Laws are meant to be deterrents, the concept is simple, don't do the crime if you can't accept the consequences for your actions. Very few criminals are caught the first time they break the law. The only time I've seen the inside of a jail was when I was 10 and my scout troop did a tour.

Oh, and do you think the commiecrats would be doing this if they thought the felons would vote for republicans?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back