New Jobless claim rises...

:( Now days folks are afraid to go to bed at night, for fear of a nasty wake up call, telling them, that they will be in the soup lines, or living in a shelter, and losing the shirts off their backs.

There was nothing unexpected about it. I have been telling you guys for half a year now that the Obama numbers are totally bogus.

Who didn't expect them? dozens of new taxes took effect jan 1. I have been saying ever since i got back here that January would be a miserable month for unemployment.

I am sure new bankruptcy filing will jump a bunch too for January.

There was nothing unexpected about it. I have been telling you guys for half a year now that the Obama numbers are totally bogus.

Yes, especially those 2 million jobs that have been created with the no- stimulus stimulus bill.:lol: Do you think that we are headed towards a double-dip recession? Alot of economists do.

You realize if we just gave everyone a tax holiday for the year, it would have been cheaper.

All taxes, including FICA.

And I think it would have been more effective.

Yes, unemployment is still with us and becoming increasingly a problem week after week even for those who still have a job.

So how did our fearless leader deal with it? Incentive for small businesses to hire? No. Relaxation of non essential regulation to encourage big business to hire? No. Propose an across the board tax cut to encourage real economic stimulus? No. Announce that unpopular legislation (healthcare overhaul, cap & trade, etc.) would be shut in a closet somewhere until things stabilize and then we'll do it slow and careful? No.

What he did do was go on national television to announce a frontal assault on the banks and other financial institutions. Result? Fearing a new destablization of the financial sector due to government meddling, the market takes a huge dive. And we can expect more pink slips handed out tomorrow.

Yes, unemployment is still with us and becoming increasingly a problem week after week even for those who still have a job.

So how did our fearless leader deal with it? Incentive for small businesses to hire? No. Relaxation of non essential regulation to encourage big business to hire? No. Propose an across the board tax cut to encourage real economic stimulus? No. Announce that unpopular legislation (healthcare overhaul, cap & trade, etc.) would be shut in a closet somewhere until things stabilize and then we'll do it slow and careful? No.

What he did do was go on national television to announce a frontal assault on the banks and other financial institutions. Result? Fearing a new destablization of the financial sector due to government meddling, the market takes a huge dive. And we can expect more pink slips handed out tomorrow.

oh don't you know? its all bushes fault when his policies do not work.:lol:

The America haters cheer the news that Americans have SUFFERED the loss of their jobs, as hoped for by their MessiahRushie.

Gee, I wonder why you America haters didn't link directly to the story? Could this be it?

Jobless Claims in U.S. Unexpectedly Rise on Backlog (Update2) - Bloomberg.com

Initial jobless claims rose by 36,000 to 482,000 in the week ended Jan. 16, the highest level in two months, from 446,000 the prior week, Labor Department figures showed today in Washington. The jump was due to an “administrative” accumulation from late December and early January holidays, and did not reflect “economic” reasons, a Labor Department spokesman said.

The biggest increase in sales in two decades and an expanding economy may be prompting companies to retain remaining staff after cutting 7.2 million workers from payrolls since the recession began in December 2007. A rebound in hiring may take longer to develop, one reason why unemployment is forecast to average 10 percent this year.

“The trend in employment is still toward improvement,” said James O’Sullivan, chief economist at MF Global Ltd. In New York. “This level of claims is still associated with net declines in payrolls, but the message is that declines are getting smaller and smaller.”

November 5, 2008
RUSH: I hope all your Joe the Plumbers are unemployed in six months! There.

WE abandoned the working class decades ago, (thanks mostly to free trade) so I find it somewhat amusing that people who lauded that phemomena as just another example of the creative destruction of capitalism are now suddenly coming to realize that un-or-under-employed people are a bad thing for the economy overall.

Blaming Obama for outcomes that have been in the making (thanks to free trade) since the 1950s or earlier is more typical partisan nonsense.

Yes, especially those 2 million jobs that have been created with the no- stimulus stimulus bill.:lol: Do you think that we are headed towards a double-dip recession? Alot of economists do.

I am convinced that we are in a DEPRESSION. There is absolutely no improvement in the economy, and Unemployment is soaring out of control. All you have to do is look at the real numbers, not the phony ones the Obama administration makes up.

Weekly INITIAL UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE CLAIMS These are the actual numbers of UI claims as reported by the states. Soaring in the past 19 weeks.

650,728 in the week ending Jan. 16
801,086 in the week ending Jan. 9
645,571 in the week ending Jan. 2
557,155 in the week ending Dec. 26
561,902 in the week ending Dec. 19
555,344 in the week ending Dec. 12
664,865 in the week ending Dec. 5
460,989 in the week ending Nov. 28
543,926 in the week ending Nov. 21
479,295 in the week ending Nov. 14
529,446 in the week ending Nov. 7
480,178 in the week ending Oct. 31
492,456 in the week ending Oct. 24
460,449 in the week ending Oct. 17
503,973 in the week ending Oct. 10
449,375 in the week ending Oct. 3
443,694 in the week ending Sept. 26
434,358 in the week ending Sept. 19
407,869 in the week ending Sept. 12

I note the person who posted above me does not have a clue about what is going on. It is a shame that we have so many dunderheads in this country who believe anything they are told to believe.

Yep. But that's getting harder and harder to sell these days I think. I wish I could find a political cartoon I saw some months ago. Obama is sitting in the oval office and there is a black blob just barely coming into view off to the side. In the next frame it has moved slightly closer to the desk and you can see that it is labeled 'blame'. Next frame ditto. Final frame you see him thinking, "Is that getting closer?"

Yep. But that's getting harder and harder to sell these days I think. I wish I could find a political cartoon I saw some months ago. Obama is sitting in the oval office and there is a black blob just barely coming into view off to the side. In the next frame it has moved slightly closer to the desk and you can see that it is labeled 'blame'. Next frame ditto. Final frame you see him thinking, "Is that getting closer?"
Bush is always perfectly blameless. :cuckoo:
Everything is always the Dems fault. The Bush depression is Carter's fault, 9/11 is Clinton's fault, WMDs were the CIA's fault, the stock mkt crash was Obama's fault, etc.

Forum List

Back