New Job... New Hat... New Leather...

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
Biker/Cowboy... what? Never seen one before?

a20002-1.jpg

Pale Rider said:
Biker/Cowboy... what? Never seen one before?

a20002-1.jpg

lookin good---biker/cowboys?-I guess they're only west of the Mississippi huh.
Goin to see the Martini Bros andd thier bikes at a car show here today in Austin. Hope I can take pics!!

I don't see the hat lasting past the on-ramp of the freeway, but it works for the pic. :D

dilloduck said:
lookin good---biker/cowboys?-I guess they're only west of the Mississippi huh.
Goin to see the Martini Bros andd thier bikes at a car show here today in Austin. Hope I can take pics!!

Sounds like a really fun day dillo. I hope you do get some pics. I'd love to see them.

Shattered said:
I don't see the hat lasting past the on-ramp of the freeway, but it works for the pic. :D
LMAO!!! :teeth: :thup:

I know old Wisco doesn't have a helmet law. I never wore one when I lived there. But unfortunately Nevada does.

Pale Rider said:
LMAO!!! :teeth: :thup:

I know old Wisco doesn't have a helmet law. I never wore one when I lived there. But unfortunately Nevada does.

That's not what I was referring to - more that the hat will blow off as soon as you hit freeway speeds...unless you shave your head, make a wig, sew the hair to the inside of the hat, and then use wig tape to keep it on. :D

That said, Wisco NEEDS a helment law. We've got some of the *dumbest* fucking drivers here. Of course, if they just got rid of the soccer moms driving SUVs, we'd be set. :D

Shattered said:
That's not what I was referring to - more that the hat will blow off as soon as you hit freeway speeds...unless you shave your head, make a wig, sew the hair to the inside of the hat, and then use wig tape to keep it on. :D

That said, Wisco NEEDS a helment law. We've got some of the *dumbest* fucking drivers here. Of course, if they just got rid of the soccer moms driving SUVs, we'd be set. :D

I rode in two of the helmet protest runs that were held in Madison to get that helmet law repealed. There was over 250,000 motorcycles in the last one. Many other states have done away with helmet laws after similiar protests. The choice should be up to the individual, not the stinking government... in my opinion.

No I don't think the old cowboy hat would last long in the wind, that's for sure. I wore it with my leather just for the picture.

Pale Rider said:
I rode in two of the helmet protest runs that were held in Madison to get that helmet law repealed. There was over 250,000 motorcycles in the last one. Many other states have done away with helmet laws after similiar protests. The choice should be up to the individual, not the stinking government... in my opinion.

No I don't think the old cowboy hat would last long in the wind, that's for sure. I wore it with my leather just for the picture.

That's just it.. It's not the people on the bikes that are a problem (we had Harley-Fest here last summer).. It's the OTHER people that are a problem, thus necessitating the need for bikers to wear helmets...

Shattered said:
That's just it.. It's not the people on the bikes that are a problem (we had Harley-Fest here last summer).. It's the OTHER people that are a problem, thus necessitating the need for bikers to wear helmets...

I hear ya. There's no debating whether or not it's safer to wear a helmet, because it is. Period.

My point is just that I don't like anyone FORCING me to wear one. It should be my choice. Period.

Pale Rider said:
I hear ya. There's no debating whether or not it's safer to wear a helmet, because it is. Period.

My point is just that I don't like anyone FORCING me to wear one. It should be my choice. Period.

If we didn't hold the patent on soccer moms with cell phones driving SUV's, I'd probably agree with you. But, here, with a helmet, you actually have a shot at getting from point A to point B. Alive.

I personally think everyone at some point in their life should be forced to ride at least for a month, maybe that way they will be more aware of other's who are on motorcycles. We used to ride all the time till we had kid's. So I am always aware of motorcyclists on the roads and make sure I keep my distance, cause if you get hit by my SUV you'll know it.

Shattered said:
If we didn't hold the patent on soccer moms with cell phones driving SUV's, I'd probably agree with you. But, here, with a helmet, you actually have a shot at getting from point A to point B. Alive.

I road motorcycle in Wisconsin for twenty five years Shattered, and rarely ever wore helmet. I'm still alive. Experience teaches you a lot about riding defensively. And I think that's the number one reason for most motorcycle accidents. Young riders buying too fast of bikes with little or no experience.

Pale Rider said:
I road motorcycle in Wisconsin for twenty five years Shattered, and rarely ever wore helmet. I'm still alive. Experience teaches you a lot about riding defensively. And I think that's the number one reason for most motorcycle accidents. Young riders buying too fast of bikes with little or no experience.

I have no doubt.. I'm a very defensive driver.. I have no doubt I'd be the same on a bike, if I chose to... But we've got some real crackpots in this town.. I don't think helmets should be mandatory (it takes away half the point of riding a bike, which is to feel the wind in your face, and through your hair - a sense of freedom..), but at the same time, I see it as a necessary evil, due to the inconsiderate, and dangerous attitudes of others.

(I saw someone get sideswiped off their bike (and there wasn't a damn thing he could have done about it) last summer - not cool.)

Shattered said:
But we've got some real crackpots in this town..

I'll tell ya, I never felt like I belonged in Wisconsin. I wasn't a farmer or an asshole, and that's what most of Wisconsin is made up of. I don't know where most Wisconsin people get their shitty attitudes from, but they sure have them. I've never seen more fights in bars than in Wisconsin. It's like an inevitability in the Wisconsin bars. Before the nights over, there's going to be a brawl. A real bunch of fucking drunk, self absorbed, self important, testosterone imbalanced, cow tipping, losers.

You're a pleasant surprize Shattered. You don't seem to have the cheesehead attitude.

Pale Rider said:
I'll tell ya, I never felt like I belonged in Wisconsin. I wasn't a farmer or an asshole, and that's what most of Wisconsin is made up of. I don't know where most Wisconsin people get their shitty attitudes from, but they sure have them. I've never seen more fights in bars than in Wisconsin. It's like an inevitability in the Wisconsin bars. Before the nights over, there's going to be a brawl. A real bunch of fucking drunk, self absorbed, self important, testosterone imbalanced, cow tipping, losers.

You're a pleasant surprize Shattered. You don't seem to have the cheesehead attitude.

Maybe it's in the beer.. I don't drink it. :D

Where were you? Milwaukee isn't that bad (unless you're in the barrio, ghetto, or downtown on a weekend)... As for the hicktowns, get a fast car, and learn how to weave in an out of traffic, or you're never getting anywhere...

Shattered said:
Maybe it's in the beer.. I don't drink it. :D

Where were you? Milwaukee isn't that bad (unless you're in the barrio, ghetto, or downtown on a weekend)... As for the hicktowns, get a fast car, and learn how to weave in an out of traffic, or you're never getting anywhere...

I lived in a couple different places in Wisconsin. Mainly I grew up in McFarland, just south of Madison. I graduated high school there. Then I lived in a little hick town called Muscoda. The north east most town in the most south west county, Grant county.

I can't express how glad I am to no longer live in Wisconsin.

Pale Rider said:
I lived in a couple different places in Wisconsin. Mainly I grew up in McFarland, just south of Madison. I graduated high school there. Then I lived in a little hick town called Muscoda. The north east most town in the most south west county, Grant county.

I can't express how glad I am to no longer live in Wisconsin.

I've heard of Muscoda, but that's about it. I've lived in Milwaukee, West Allis, Montello (population: 4, I think), Jackson, and West Bend. Milwaukee is tolerable. Lots to do, and no tractors. :)

Shattered said:
I've heard of Muscoda, but that's about it. I've lived in Milwaukee, West Allis, Montello (population: 4, I think), Jackson, and West Bend. Milwaukee is tolerable. Lots to do, and no tractors. :)

I lived in Montello also. How about that. I met and married my first wife there. That was back in '77. I used to work as a machinist at the Montello Products, right in the middle of town. I had a good friend that owned the Montello Marina on Buffalo Lake right there on the edge of town. His name was Jerry Klauwkee. He took one of my other cats when I joined the Air Force and left Montello. I had a real nice house on an acre right accrossed from the park. How I wish I had that house on that lot here in Reno. It'd be worth close to a million bucks here.

Montello_house_1b-1.jpg

Forum List

Back