New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy signed a bill banning so-called gay and transgender panic defenses

Seems eminently unconstitutional to me. How can New Jersey preemptively outlaw a legal defense?
What is the next form of legal defense the state plans to expropriate? You can't claim fear for you life
and the lives of family members when defending yourself during home burglaries?

Say hello to Big Brother. Say goodbye to your rights.

There never was a gay or trans panic defense.

Here you go.

Gay panic defense - Wikipedia

Your definition of it you supplied and how it’s read in the OP are very different. In any case, if a gay or trans person makes sexual advances towards a straight person that doesn’t give the straight person the right to commit homicide. But an ask kicking would be appropriate. Gay people should not make sexual advances unless they know the people they are hitting on are straight.

There never was a gay or trans panic defense.

Here you go.

Gay panic defense - Wikipedia

Your definition of it you supplied and how it’s read in the OP are very different. In any case, if a gay or trans person makes sexual advances towards a straight person that doesn’t give the straight person the right to commit homicide. But an ask kicking would be appropriate. Gay people should not make sexual advances unless they know the people they are hitting on are straight.

That's because the OP is an idiot.

What's an "ask Kicking?"

I believe the Wikipedia article is chock full of lies. There was never a gay panic defense. If there were, I would have heard of it.

It wouldn’t be a “panic” defense. It could be a self defense justification from sexual assault from a queer or tranny.

It seems to me that the effect of this bill will be to prevent a criminal defendant from testifying or presenting evidence concerning the circumstances of the crime he is accused of.

And that's probably unconstitutional, since the right to present a defense is a constitutional right.

I believe the Wikipedia article is chock full of lies. There was never a gay panic defense. If there were, I would have heard of it.

Prove your point.
I went to law school and if there was such a thing as a gay or trans panic defense, my liberal Democrat criminal law professor would definitely have mentioned it.

You mean flunked out of law school.

Abstracts Database - National Criminal Justice Reference Service

It seems to me that the effect of this bill will be to prevent a criminal defendant from testifying or presenting evidence concerning the circumstances of the crime he is accused of.

And that's probably unconstitutional, since the right to present a defense is a constitutional right.

You and the hawk are Idiots!

Forum List

Back