New inductees to the Toy Hall of Fame

1, The Swing: All time classic good for hours of fun all year long. The original thrill ride

2. Dungeons and Dragons: Too geeky and too small a market to be in the HOF

3. Fisher Price Little People: Stood the test of time

The swing, 'Dungeons & Dragons' inducted into toy hall of fame

D&D morphed into the games most kids play today... I mean if you have ever played Elder Scrolls, World of Warcraft, and other D&D games then you realize D&D has a right to be in the Hall of Fame for toys...

1, The Swing: All time classic good for hours of fun all year long. The original thrill ride

BTW, if you're ever out that way, the toy collection at the Strong Museum in Rochester is just cool beans. Mrs. Strong was a real collector--almost a hoarder, probably--and she collected toys from the turn of the century that are amazing. Automatons and stuff. A lot of them were too intricate for little hands to actually PLAY with, I think; more like keep on a shelf and have the nanny wind it for you on special occassions.

BTW, if you're ever out that way, the toy collection at the Strong Museum in Rochester is just cool beans. Mrs. Strong was a real collector--almost a hoarder, probably--and she collected toys from the turn of the century that are amazing. Automatons and stuff. A lot of them were too intricate for little hands to actually PLAY with, I think; more like keep on a shelf and have the nanny wind it for you on special occassions.

Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry dated a beautiful girl with a huge toy collection that he was not allowed to touch. Jerry would get her drunk so he could play with her toys

5qU5j.gif

Forum List

Back