New & improved Republican party?

so voting to raise taxes on people is your idea of a new and improved party

this country is lost

so voting to raise taxes on people is your idea of a new and improved party

this country is lost

I don't like paying taxes either, Stephanie--but, according to the GAO, it appears the Reagan tax cuts and subsequent Bush tax cuts resulted in huge budget deficits. They went too far, and it isn't any disgrace to reverse some (or all) of those cuts if it becomes obvious they were ill-advised.

And let's face it--Congress will never make the really politically difficult cuts that are needed in defense and agricultural entitlements. So apparently tax increases are necessary.

If America ever decides that we can end the vast number of disability payments out there, or stop paying farmers huge subsidies, or cut way back on an outlandishly overfunded military, we must raise taxes to pay for them.

^ that Steph ;) It isn't so much "raising" them as it is "returning them to where they used to be" (< a generation ago BTW) :)

spin it however it make you feel better dots
hope you aren't next..we'll see the spin then

Po' little 'Conservatives' just got fed a huge serving of humble pie. And the Republicans that are sane are finally realizing what these people have been doing to their party. So now, there is going to be a bigger fight within the GOP than between the GOP and the President.

Po' little 'Conservatives' just got fed a huge serving of humble pie. And the Republicans that are sane are finally realizing what these people have been doing to their party. So now, there is going to be a bigger fight within the GOP than between the GOP and the President.

all it is good, we'll be waiting for the taxes to be raised on you people next..since you are now praising Republicans for caving in to Obama on taxes anything goes now..
you know karma is a bitch and humble pie thingy

Last edited:

yep, the 2014 GOP Primaries ought to be a real bloodbath :razz: NOT that they aren't already that way :lol:

all it is good, we'll be waiting for the taxes to be raised on you people next..

you know that karma and humble pie thingy

which "you people" are you Steph :eusa_eh: You saying you're in the upper brackets?

yep, the 2014 GOP Primaries ought to be a real bloodbath :razz: NOT that they aren't already that way :lol:

oh dots, please spare us the crystal ball stuff

I'm just curious. What spending do you guys approve of cutting?
Myself - I'm all for across-the-board cuts. No sacred cows.
I'm also for in favor of everyone paying their fair share in taxes - across the board.

But if you think we have more than enough revenue as is ... there where are you gonna that much spending?

THIS.
I've always wanted to hear the answer to this question.

Personally, I supported the "fiscal cliff." I mean, if federal deficits are the hazard the right wing has been saying they are, we should have engaged in these big automatic spending cuts, right? RIGHT?

I've NEVER gotten a straight answer on this.
A flip "let them eat cake" response is the best any wingnut has ever done.

The fiscal cliff (imho) was a little like Civil War era surgury ... better than nothing, but just barely.
I think we can do better and we can be smarter than that.

Last edited:

all it is good, we'll be waiting for the taxes to be raised on you people next..since you are now praising Republicans for caving in to Obama on taxes anything goes now..

Now Staph, I have been for the restoration of the Clinton tax schedule in it's entirety from the beginning. With the Buffet Rule thrown in. And the 6.2% I pay in SS taxes to go right up to the top. As an upper middle earner, I have no problem paying the extra, and during the Cliinton years, saw real economic progress for the first time in a long time. To see that kind of employment levels again would be well worth the money it would cost me personally.

You didn't answer the question about what SPECIFIC cuts you would want to see to balance the $1 trillion + deficit. Let's hear it.

And--as a Democrat--I would be EAGER to see such across-the-board cuts, accompanied by a restoration of historically sustainable tax brackets.

I note that Republicans are remarkably SILENT when it comes to identifying those "cuts," and that's how I know they are lying.

Last edited:

Now Staph, I have been for the restoration of the Clinton tax schedule in it's entirety from the beginning. With the Buffet Rule thrown in. And the 6.2% I pay in SS taxes to go right up to the top. As an upper middle earner, I have no problem paying the extra, and during the Cliinton years, saw real economic progress for the first time in a long time. To see that kind of employment levels again would be well worth the money it would cost me personally.

LOL, keep dreaming
If Obama had any intention of turning things around he had one term to do it already..
Instead we got another monster guberment program we get to PAY FOR, the hiring of more IRS agents to make sure we pay for that guberment program, STILL at almost 8%unemployment, billions wasted on his green energy "visions" higher poverty, exploding welfare rolls, now taxes raised on a certain citizens in the country etc etc
and you people somehow believe they will be satisfied with taxing only THE WEALTHY..

that must be that utopia you dream of

I don't like paying taxes either, Stephanie--but, according to the GAO, it appears the Reagan tax cuts and subsequent Bush tax cuts resulted in huge budget deficits. They went too far, and it isn't any disgrace to reverse some (or all) of those cuts if it becomes obvious they were ill-advised.

And let's face it--Congress will never make the really politically difficult cuts that are needed in defense and agricultural entitlements. So apparently tax increases are necessary.

If America ever decides that we can end the vast number of disability payments out there, or stop paying farmers huge subsidies, or cut way back on an outlandishly overfunded military, we must raise taxes to pay for them.
Raising taxes is not the answer, cut spending is. What part about that is so hard to understand?

Our government is absolutely out of control, dysfunctional with it's spending and printing fiat money. It's not a matter of the government NOT having enough money. It's WASTING what it HAS. Tax payers have done their part. They get soaked every mother fucking time Washington spends themselves into a new corner. It's time tax payers say NO MORE, and for government to STOP SPENDING!

But, that will probably never happen, like I said, Washington is absolutely out of control. It appears the ONLY way this country will EVER learn to live within it's means is for our economy to TOTALLY COLLAPSE, and that IS where we're headed.

How do you propose that we cut $1.2 trillion from our budget, OO7? I've never, ever taken right wingers seriously because they have never offered an answer to that question.

(Personally, I have little or no stake in this. I don't get federal payments--I'm not a farmer, member of the military, disabled, retired, aristocrat, or anything else--so I am entirely comfortable with massive cuts. That WILL collapse the economy, but I'm a free person--I can move anywhere, and I don't lust after property ownership.)
First of all, I'm not a "right winger." I'm an independent, fiscal and social conservative. Get that straight.

Second, (and don't EVER expect this to happen no matter WHO is president), EVERY SINGLE GOVERNMENT OFFICE should be gone through and the ones that are NOT ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY, END THEM!
Third, NO MORE PORK BARREL SPENDING, END IT ALL, DONE WITH, OVER.
Fourth, end ALL FOREIGN AID to countries that hate us, that tit runs dry.
Fifth, END ALL WARS, TOTAL PULL OUT, NO MORE OCCUPYING, NO MORE NATION BUILDING.
Sixth, a constitutional amendment making LOBBYING ILLEGAL, NO MORE INFLUENCE BUYING AND CRONYISM.
Seventh, a FLAT TAX OF 13% FOR EVERYONE.... E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E! (How's THAT for FAIR SHARE?)
Eighth, TERM LIMITS FOR ALL ELECTED OFFICIALS, INCLUDING THE SUPREME COURT, no more GOOD OLE BUYS CLUB. Maximum for President, 6 years.

How's that for STARTERS mister liberal?

Last edited:
I'm just curious. What spending do you guys approve of cutting?
Myself - I'm all for across-the-board cuts. No sacred cows.
I'm also for in favor of everyone paying their fair share in taxes - across the board.

But if you think we have more than enough revenue as is ... there where are you gonna that much spending?

THIS.

Personally, I supported the "fiscal cliff." I mean, if federal deficits are the hazard the right wing has been saying they are, we should have engaged in these big automatic spending cuts, right? RIGHT?

The fiscal cliff (imho) was a little like Civil War era surgury ... better than nothing, but just barely.

"let them eat cake"? ;)

99076600.jpg

THIS.

"let them eat cake"? ;)

99076600.jpg

yeah that's the way to look at your fellow Amercians

Raising taxes is not the answer, cut spending is. What part about that is so hard to understand?

Our government is absolutely out of control, dysfunctional with it's spending and printing fiat money. It's not a matter of the government NOT having enough money. It's WASTING what it HAS. Tax payers have done their part. They get soaked every mother fucking time Washington spends themselves into a new corner. It's time tax payers say NO MORE, and for government to STOP SPENDING!

But, that will probably never happen, like I said, Washington is absolutely out of control. It appears the ONLY way this country will EVER learn to live within it's means is for our economy to TOTALLY COLLAPSE, and that IS where we're headed.

How do you propose that we cut $1.2 trillion from our budget, OO7? I've never, ever taken right wingers seriously because they have never offered an answer to that question.

(Personally, I have little or no stake in this. I don't get federal payments--I'm not a farmer, member of the military, disabled, retired, aristocrat, or anything else--so I am entirely comfortable with massive cuts. That WILL collapse the economy, but I'm a free person--I can move anywhere, and I don't lust after property ownership.)
First of all, I'm not a "right winger." I'm an independent, fiscal and social conservative. Get that straight.

Second, (and don't EVER expect this to happen no matter WHO is president), EVERY SINGLE GOVERNMENT OFFICE should be gone through and the ones that are NOT NECESSARY, END THEM!
Second, NO MORE PORK BARREL SPENDING, END IT ALL, DONE WITH, OVER.
Third, end ALL FOREIGN aid to countries that hate us, that tit runs dry.
Fourth, END ALL WARS, TOTAL PULL OUT, NO MORE OCCUPYING, NO MORE NATION BUILDING.
Fifth, a constitutional amendment making LOBBYING ILLEGAL, NO MORE INFLUENCE BUYING AND CRONYISM.
Sixth, a FLAT TAX OF 13% FOR EVERY.... E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E!
Seventh, TERM LIMITS FOR ALL ELECTED OFFICIALS, INCLUDING THE SUPREME COURT, no more GOOD OLE BUYS CLUB.

How's that STARTERS mister liberal?

LOL, my apologies!

I agree with most of what you say, except for that "flat tax" fiction. You know why? Because all income taxation is based upon how "income" is calculated. That's how slave owners (American aristocrats and corporations) evade taxation--they buy Congressmen and make certain that tax law is written in a way that excludes a good bit of their money from income taxation. Hell, even "investment" and "capital gains" income receives special treatment--and I know many "entrepreneurs" that manage to write down their income to nearly zero for tax purposes.

So, a "flat tax" solves nothing whatever--it merely raises taxes substantially on the poorest workers, and lowers them substantially for those with all the money.

Our economy is collapsing because of the massive wealth concentrations that have occurred since Reagan "flattened" the tax code in 1980. Check out stats, that's a testable hypothesis. I'm not making it up.

Your selective memory seems to have allowed you to forget the spending controls in place back then that don't exist toady. The new taxes and more are already spent and most are forgetting the new round of taxes that are coming with Maobamacare and the fact that it is now projected to cost 3 times original estimates. The economy doesn't stand a chance in the face of all that.

Second, (and don't EVER expect this to happen no matter WHO is president), EVERY SINGLE GOVERNMENT OFFICE should be gone through and the ones that are NOT NECESSARY, END THEM!
Second, NO MORE PORK BARREL SPENDING, END IT ALL, DONE WITH, OVER.
Third, end ALL FOREIGN aid to countries that hate us, that tit runs dry.
Fourth, END ALL WARS, TOTAL PULL OUT, NO MORE OCCUPYING, NO MORE NATION BUILDING.
Fifth, a constitutional amendment making LOBBYING ILLEGAL, NO MORE INFLUENCE BUYING AND CRONYISM.
Sixth, a FLAT TAX OF 13% FOR EVERY.... E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E!
Seventh, TERM LIMITS FOR ALL ELECTED OFFICIALS, INCLUDING THE SUPREME COURT, no more GOOD OLE BUYS CLUB.

How's that STARTERS mister liberal?

LOL, my apologies!

I agree with most of what you say, except for that "flat tax" fiction. You know why? Because all income taxation is based upon how "income" is calculated. That's how slave owners (American aristocrats and corporations) evade taxation--they buy Congressmen and make certain that tax law is written in a way that excludes a good bit of their money from income taxation. Hell, even "investment" and "capital gains" income receives special treatment--and I know many "entrepreneurs" that manage to write down their income to nearly zero for tax purposes.

So, a "flat tax" solves nothing whatever--it merely raises taxes substantially on the poorest workers, and lowers them substantially for those with all the money.

Our economy is collapsing because of the massive wealth concentrations that have occurred since Reagan "flattened" the tax code in 1980. Check out stats, that's a testable hypothesis. I'm not making it up.
Wrong, our economy is collapsing because of OUT OF CONTROL GOVERNMENT SPENDING, PERIOD, END OF STORY.

You're wrong about a flat tax too. Everywhere a flat tax has been implemented tax revenue has shot through the roof. It works, whether you'd like to believe so or not. I call fair EVERYONE paying the SAME PERCENTAGE of their income in taxes. We do NOT have that now. The large amount of taxes paid by the top 1% of income earners in America is an abortion and travesty of justice and fairness.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/greatsp...n-u-s-but-works-fine-behind-old-iron-curtain/

Last edited:

Your selective memory seems to have allowed you to forget the spending controls in place back then that don't exist toady. The new taxes and more are already spent and most are forgetting the new round of taxes that are coming with Maobamacare and the fact that it is now projected to cost 3 times original estimates. The economy doesn't stand a chance in the face of all that.

I think this "Maobamacare" thing you wingers continually harp on is based upon a false premise. I'd like for you to point out just HOW more will be spend IN AGGREGATE on U.S. healthcare than in the past--because fiscal experts and the GAO say that isn't the case at all.

Where do you get your data from?

I think this "Maobamacare" thing you wingers continually harp on is based upon a false premise. I'd like for you to point out just HOW more will be spend IN AGGREGATE on U.S. healthcare than in the past--because fiscal experts and the GAO say that isn't the case at all.

Where do you get your data from?

$500 toilet seats and $300 hammers... that's where.

Past performance is a pretty good predictor of future performance...

Forum List

Back