New Illinois law forces schools to teach about forced Mexican migration

Are there any other examples of laws that mandate certain pieces of history be taught?

In CA, things such as the Constitutional Convention must be taught...I know that for a fact. Manifest Destiny is a biggie to be taught too. (8th grade) I believe in 7th grade, the beginning of Christianity, the Reformation, the Norman Invasion, the Crusades...these are all things that have to be taught.

I'd be surprised if there is a statute that requires any of these.

I'm not talking about curriculum that "must" be taught so as not to run afoul of statewide standards. I'm talking about actual legislation (such as in the OP) that dictates a particular thing be included in the curriculum.

Ah, goal posts....>>>>over there.

In CA, things such as the Constitutional Convention must be taught...I know that for a fact. Manifest Destiny is a biggie to be taught too. (8th grade) I believe in 7th grade, the beginning of Christianity, the Reformation, the Norman Invasion, the Crusades...these are all things that have to be taught.

I'd be surprised if there is a statute that requires any of these.

I'm not talking about curriculum that "must" be taught so as not to run afoul of statewide standards. I'm talking about actual legislation (such as in the OP) that dictates a particular thing be included in the curriculum.

Ah, goal posts....>>>>over there.

Chanel didn't seem to have any trouble validating her assertion. :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back