New ice age in the near future !

Should I have more faith in a renown, celebrated, peer reviewed Professor of Physics or USMB Crick who recently learned how to tie his own shoes....hmmm..
Neither. You should have trust in scientists and settle on the evidence.

You denier has zero credibility, as she has no evidence amd isn't producing any. And her fist sentence is a lie.

People who what science? What evidence. I keep asking for just a single piece of observed, measured evidence which supports the AGW hypothesis over natural variability and none of you "trusters in science" seem to be able to provide it...not one single piece. When science can provide good observed, measured evidence to support its claims, then I will start trusting...

If you can't differentiate between science and pseudoscience, then placing trust in what you believe to be science is just stupid....But then, you would have to be something better than stupid in order to recognize the difference between science and pseudoscience wouldn't you?

There appears to be a difference of opinion (shocking, I guess that says something about the so called scientific consensus on AGW).

Tell me....what other branch of science holds up consensus as evidence that it's prevailing hypothesis is correct. Ask a scientist in any other field in which observation and measurement are possible to defend his hypothesis and he will bombard you with observed, measured evidence and dare you to provide enough observed evidence to render his evidence moot. In climate science, ask for even one single piece of observed, measured evidence that supports the AGW hypothesis over natural variability and you get talk about consensus. Consensus is not evidence....consensus in science in the absence of a pretty impressive body of observed, measured evidence is nothing more than evidence of groupthink.

And to prove my point, let me ask you for a single piece of observed, measured evidence which supports the AGW hypothesis over natural variability...my point will be proven by your inability to produce even one single piece of such evidence.

decrease in solar activity may indicate looming drop in global temps ! Diminishing solar activity may bring new Ice Age by 2030 – Astronomy Now
Doesn't anybody investigate this stuff before reaching a conclusion.

The first failure of science communication is present in the Royal Astronomical Society press release from July 9. It says that “solar activity will fall by 60 per cent during the 2030s” without clarifying that this “solar activity” refers to a fall in the number of sunspots, not a dramatic fall in the life-sustaining light emitted by the sun.
The ‘Mini Ice Age’ Hoopla Is A Giant Failure Of Science Communication

There appears to be a difference of opinion (shocking, I guess that says something about the so called scientific consensus on AGW).

Your own source says “But that mini ice age began before the Maunder minimum and may have had multiple causes, including volcanism.”

My point- scientist all know about the little ice age. We have written history as well as scientific history, but strangely there appears to be uncertainty among the scientists who study this event as to all the factors which caused it.

So if a relatively recent climate event can’t be fully understood and explained, how confident should we be in the predictions of doom regarding AGW. SCIENCE IS NEVER SETTLED.
What was predicted was a 60% reduction in sunspot activity, not a 60% reduction in the suns radiation.

Do a bit of research on the topic of declining solar radiation and declining solar irradiance.

decrease in solar activity may indicate looming drop in global temps ! Diminishing solar activity may bring new Ice Age by 2030 – Astronomy Now
Doesn't anybody investigate this stuff before reaching a conclusion.

The first failure of science communication is present in the Royal Astronomical Society press release from July 9. It says that “solar activity will fall by 60 per cent during the 2030s” without clarifying that this “solar activity” refers to a fall in the number of sunspots, not a dramatic fall in the life-sustaining light emitted by the sun.
The ‘Mini Ice Age’ Hoopla Is A Giant Failure Of Science Communication

Your own source says “But that mini ice age began before the Maunder minimum and may have had multiple causes, including volcanism.”

My point- scientist all know about the little ice age. We have written history as well as scientific history, but strangely there appears to be uncertainty among the scientists who study this event as to all the factors which caused it.

So if a relatively recent climate event can’t be fully understood and explained, how confident should we be in the predictions of doom regarding AGW. SCIENCE IS NEVER SETTLED.
What was predicted was a 60% reduction in sunspot activity, not a 60% reduction in the suns radiation.

Do a bit of research on the topic of declining solar radiation and declining solar irradiance.
The prediction of decreasing solar sunspots is creating a SWAG, a scientific wild ass guess that it will be accompanied by decreasing temperatures on earth. Scientists believe that the number of spots on the sun cycles over time, reaching a peak—the so-called Solar Maximum—every 11 years or so. However, to what degree it may or may not effect temperatures on earth is unknown. The fact that solar sunspot actives cycles would lead one to believe that long term effects on climate would be nil.
The Role of Sunspots and Solar Winds in Climate Change

The prediction of decreasing solar sunspots is creating a SWAG, a scientific wild ass guess that it will be accompanied by decreasing temperatures on earth. Scientists believe that the number of spots on the sun cycles over time, reaching a peak—the so-called Solar Maximum—every 11 years or so. However, to what degree it may or may not effect temperatures on earth is unknown. The fact that solar sunspot actives cycles would lead one to believe that long term effects on climate would be nil.

I didn't say do a bit of research on decreasing solar sunspots....I said do a bit of research on declining solar radiation and irradiance...observable, measurable factors.

And you might look at the decreases in specific wavelengths within the solar radiation band...

I didn't say do a bit of research on decreasing solar sunspots....I said do a bit of research on declining solar radiation and irradiance...observable, measurable factors.

And you might look at the decreases in specific wavelengths within the solar radiation band...
The fluctuations in the solar cycle impacts Earth's global temperature by about 0.1 degree Celsius. Over the past century, Earth's average temperature has increased by approximately 0.6 degrees Celsius (1.1 degrees Fahrenheit). The major change in Earth's climate is now really dominated by human activity, which has never happened before."
NASA - Solar Variability: Striking a Balance with Climate Change

The fluctuations in the solar cycle impacts Earth's global temperature by about 0.1 degree Celsius. Over the past century, Earth's average temperature has increased by approximately 0.6 degrees Celsius (1.1 degrees Fahrenheit). The major change in Earth's climate is now really dominated by human activity, which has never happened before."

I have to step in to point out YOU still don't understand SSDD request, your latest google exercise is an 11 year old article that doesn't even answer SSDD request:

"I didn't say do a bit of research on decreasing solar sunspots....I said do a bit of research on declining solar radiation and irradiance...observable, measurable factors.

And you might look at the decreases in specific wavelengths within the solar radiation band... "

red bolding mine

I didn't suggest that you look at solar cycles either... I suggested that you look specifically at declining solar radiation and declining solar irradiance and perhaps the decline in specific wavelengths of solar radiation.

What's the matter...afraid that you might read something that calls your faith into question?

I have to step in to point out YOU still don't understand SSDD request, your latest google exercise is an 11 year old article that doesn't even answer SSDD request:

"I didn't say do a bit of research on decreasing solar sunspots....I said do a bit of research on declining solar radiation and irradiance...observable, measurable factors.

And you might look at the decreases in specific wavelengths within the solar radiation band... "

red bolding mine

They have this phobia of accidentally reading something that might call their faith into question...apparently they will jump through any manner of mental hoop and perform unspeakable acts of mental masturbation in the effort to avoid any actual science that might cause them to question their faith.

Forum List

Back