New House Rules

peach174

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
S.E. AZ
I have been watching the house debates all week long and have been throughly enjoying the debates between the two parties.
I like the new rules. It's really fun to watch the two parties actually having conversations with each other instead of just one person with only pretty much c-span viewer's watching and very few representatives in the chamber,now many have been in the chamber.
I especially liked the beginning on Mon. when Dem's thought that they could not bring up any bills,and then found out that they could ,but the bills had to be Pre- written.
Now at the end of the week, it's interesting to see how the Dem's are having hissie fits about what should and should not be cut from spending.
Barny Frank was hilarious when he thought he had the wrong bill because he could not find whether there was any cuts to TARP and then he found out there was.
It's really showing how the Dems are still not reading the bills and getting a lot of things wrong.
It has really been entertaining! :lol:

Cuts to TARP? I thought TARP was done and mostly Paid back. At least that seems to be what the media wants us to think.

I have been watching the house debates all week long and have been throughly enjoying the debates between the two parties.
I like the new rules. It's really fun to watch the two parties actually having conversations with each other instead of just one person with only pretty much c-span viewer's watching and very few representatives in the chamber,now many have been in the chamber.
I especially liked the beginning on Mon. when Dem's thought that they could not bring up any bills,and then found out that they could ,but the bills had to be Pre- written.
Now at the end of the week, it's interesting to see how the Dem's are having hissie fits about what should and should not be cut from spending.
Barny Frank was hilarious when he thought he had the wrong bill because he could not find whether there was any cuts to TARP and then he found out there was.
It's really showing how the Dems are still not reading the bills and getting a lot of things wrong.

Well that is great. I want to see them in the open as well. Unfortunately the public has no voice for these short notice bills they ram through. The Dems will eventually get it together.

Who cares what they talk about, its what they get done. The Republicans need to compromise instead of wasting so much time passing bills in the House that will fail in the Senate.

Who cares what they talk about, its what they get done. The Republicans need to compromise instead of wasting so much time passing bills in the House that will fail in the Senate.

Why is it that Dems didn't compromise for the last 2 yrs. but repubs must?

If there are two bills passed from the two houses of Congress, then a committee is formed and a third bill produced that combines the two passed. Both Houses, then, are to consider that third bill and either pass it or amend it.

That would have happened to the Obamacare legislation, but the coniving weasels in the leadership knew that such a bill would not pass so both houses passed the same bill and illegally agreed to amend it after it was passed to include things like the no funding for abortion lie.

We currently have the best set up for rational legislation. When there is divided government, actual thinking must occur and the Wicked Witch of the West must actually listen to the opposition rather than simply threaten her minions.

It's too bad we don't have a President who has testicles. A leader is a comforting thing to have in a time of crisis.

Shit always hits the fan when you have just a one party rule like we have had for the last 2 years.

That's absurd. The Dems did nothing but compromise in the last 2 years, even though they didn't have to.

In fact, that "Compromise" often seemed to manifest itself as exactly what the Republicans wanted.

Not to mention Republicans are still in the minority.

Last edited:

Some are upset that some cogent rules are being applied in the House rather than what has existed in the past 6 years of telling the minority to shut up and sit in the back of the bus. ;)

Some are upset that some cogent rules are being applied in the House rather than what has existed in the past 6 years of telling the minority to shut up and sit in the back of the bus. ;)

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

That's absurd. The Dems did nothing but compromise in the last 2 years, even though they didn't have to.

In fact, that "Compromise" often seemed to manifest itself as exactly what the Republicans wanted.

Well you saw something completely different than I did. Each time a Repub brought up a health care bill it was rejected by the Dems :eek:

It's about what is in what get's done. When are you going to learn that? Discussing in the Light of Day serves Justice Very Well.

Well you saw something completely different than I did. Each time a Repub brought up a health care bill it was rejected by the Dems :eek:
Every counter measure was rejected. Now the Statist DEMS are gonna have to suffer as the SCOTUS will see it as Unconstitutional.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Every counter measure was rejected. Now the Statist DEMS are gonna have to suffer as the SCOTUS will see it as Unconstitutional.

That's going to bite at election time. Can we all just envision the ads pointing out congressional votes for an unconstitutional piece of legislation? How do you defend that vote I wonder?

Cuts to TARP? I thought TARP was done and mostly Paid back. At least that seems to be what the media wants us to think.
TARP is now a slush fund once paid back. Needs to be used to pay down debt and removed from gubmint's fingers.

would this be compromise where the GOP gives up and hands the dems everything they want? Or is it compromise where the dems actually compromise because as the president so eloquently put it "elections have consequences"?

That is how our system works. The majority rules. The same thing happened when the Repubs were in the majority and caused the mess we are in right now.

Forum List

Back