New Home Sales - NOW and BEFORE THE SHIT HIT THE FAN

Low housing starts are good for the economy long-term but it hurts now. We need to reduce supply, and lower housing starts helps clear out supply.
Gibberish and nonsense. We do not have an oversupply problem We have a lack of buyers problem. The fact that we are only building one quarter as many houses now shows how totally collapsed the economy is. There are millions of people who would like to have houses, but they can not afford them so they are not buying. Meanwhile millions of construction workers are without full time work. Ironically, many of them are losing their houses because the do not make enough to make the payments.

This
Depression
Is
A
Bitch!

Existing homes inventory has ticked up to 9 months again. The long-term average is 4-5 months. And, supposedly, there is all this shadow inventory out there sitting on the banks' books not yet foreclosed.

So we have too much supply. The builders slowing construction is bad short-term but good long-term.

Existing homes inventory has ticked up to 9 months again. The long-term average is 4-5 months. And, supposedly, there is all this shadow inventory out there sitting on the banks' books not yet foreclosed.

So we have too much supply. The builders slowing construction is bad short-term but good long-term.
We can bat the ball back and forth toro, but the reality is that far less houses are being bought now then were being bought four, five, six, seven or eight years ago. That means there is a shortage of buyers. You want to play games with the issue, but the fact remains that if there were as many buyers as there were years ago, there would be a shortage of houses to buy. That is the result of all of the mega layoffs and horrifying uncertainty for the future. AND that is called a Depression. It can be seen in the psychological behavior of the populace and in the assistance lines (electronic sign ups now a days) because people without stable incomes need assistance buying food and paying for needed medical care and finding shelter for their loved ones.

Look at your words where you say "bad short term but good long-term."

For most people out there, they can not see the long term. That is because for the short term they do not have secure employment or any employment.

Economic collapse is Economic collapse. It can not be denied.

The real question is what are you doing to protect your loved ones?

Economic collapse is Economic collapse. It can not be denied.

The real question is what are you doing to protect your loved ones?

Protect them from what?
I have spoken to this topic at length in the past. In a worst case scenario, we could have anarchy in some of our cities. When conditions get bad enough or when the opportunity presents itself (Rodney King, Martin Luther King and so on) riots break out in Big American Cities. We know it as an historical fact. The riots do not know one ethnicity or cultural limitation. They come in all shapes, sizes and colors.

When riots break out and anarchy rules, the man (and his family) that is safest is one who can stop rioting robbers, petty thieves and rapists as they try to make entry into his house. I am well prepared to do that and I strongly recommend that if you are unfortunate enough to live in a Big City (even in the suburbs) that you be prepared to defend your loved ones. When the police are ineffective, who will protect your family???????

When are the police effective?

When they are needed most.
Look at the riots on Crown Heights, in LA, and in Nola during Katrina.

Personally I think the idea that this is where the country is headed is ludicrous. But it's good for business.

When riots break out and anarchy rules, the man (and his family) that is safest is one who can stop rioting robbers, petty thieves and rapists as they try to make entry into his house. I am well prepared to do that and I strongly recommend that if you are unfortunate enough to live in a Big City (even in the suburbs) that you be prepared to defend your loved ones. When the police are ineffective, who will protect your family???????

There's another point of view on where the safest place to be is when civilization starts to collapse:

The remnants of authority will try to maintain some control in cities - i.e., martial law, curfews enforced by citizen patrols. During this time, the cities will be safer than isolated homes/tiny communities out in the country. Roving gangs in the less populated areas will target the isolated folks to rob them of whatever they have stored up for survival.

Just a theory. Hope we don't have to experience the reality to see if it's accurate.

I thought the people in the city would come out to the country foraging for food.

If it hits the fan I will just dig a few grave sized holes with my backhoe out by my front gate and hang a few targets up on the fence.

Last edited:
When they are needed most.
Look at the riots on Crown Heights, in LA, and in Nola during Katrina.

Personally I think the idea that this is where the country is headed is ludicrous. But it's good for business.

That is when the National Guard gets called out.

Oops, misread your post.
When are they effective? Usually after a crime has been committed.

And not nearly as effective then as we are led by TV to believe.

There's another point of view on where the safest place to be is when civilization starts to collapse:

The remnants of authority will try to maintain some control in cities - i.e., martial law, curfews enforced by citizen patrols. During this time, the cities will be safer than isolated homes/tiny communities out in the country. Roving gangs in the less populated areas will target the isolated folks to rob them of whatever they have stored up for survival.

Just a theory. Hope we don't have to experience the reality to see if it's accurate.

I like you more and more as you post.

The original Boddika was a valient older woman who was fed up with the government of the day in Roman ruled Brittany. I am fed up with the ineffective government of the day here in the US. If the riots break out in San Diego, I can assure you that there will be a hell of a lot of dead rioters on my street. I have organized my neighbors and we are capable of bringing thirty rifles to bear on the streets in front of our homes. that is one hell of a lot of crossfire. Anybody causing trouble in my community will be shot dead in the streets before he gets too far. We are going to have peace and tranquility regardless of what happens elsewhere in this Big City.

Last edited:
I thought the people in the city would come out to the country foraging for food.

If it hits the fan I will just dig a few grave sized holes with my backhoe out by my front gate and hang a few targets up on the fence.

Now you have the right idea. bury about four or five of the scumbags in the same hole and then plant a fruit tree over them and at least get some nutrition from their bodies to help the fruit tree to grow and be productive in their first few years of life. The low-lifes of the world are good for fertilizer and that is what they shall be used for.

I like you more and more as you post.

The original Boddika was a valient older woman who was fed up with the government of the day in Roman ruled Brittany. I am fed up with the ineffective government of the day here in the US. If the riots break out in San Diego, I can assure you that there will be a hell of a lot of dead rioters on my street. I have organized my neighbors and we are capable of bringing thirty rifles to bear on the streets in front of our homes. that is one hell of a lot of crossfire. Anybody causing trouble in my community will be shot dead in the streets before he gets too far. We are going to have peace and tranquility regardless of what happens elsewhere in this Big City.

Thank you.

My household is armed; but we haven't gotten organized with our neighbors...yet.

That is when the National Guard gets called out.

Oops, misread your post.
When are they effective? Usually after a crime has been committed.

And not nearly as effective then as we are led by TV to believe.
Actually the National Guard is usually assigned to patrol the streets to impose curfews. An estimated 60 percent of the crime is still committed, so the NG is relatively ineffective.

If you are not prepared to protect your own house, you are not PREPARED. "Kill them before they kill you!" is the operative slogan.

Always be sure of your targets. I would hate to kill a hungry kid.

But anyone with a McCain/Palin bumper sticker is fair game.

Always be sure of your targets. I would hate to kill a hungry kid.

But anyone with a McCain/Palin bumper sticker is fair game.

ANYBODY who believes in taking that which does not belong to them is FAIR GAME. Let the thieves be warned. "You will die for your crimes, come hell or high water."

Forum List

Back