New Home Sales drop 7.3%

Oops.... current events....... :lmao:

(Oh and no, I didn't flag it......) :lmao:

I guess I need to use swear words / taunts in the title of the thread next time to keep it in a the free debate area?

Note to those concerned: This thread was started in the Flame Zone because it is contentious. If any of my posts prior to this one on this thread are flagged by a butthurt liberal for not being compliant, note that the intent was to permit heated discussion as per the more relaxed rules in the Flame Zone.

We are repeatedly advised to take such debate 'to the Flame Zone,' which was my intention.

Last edited:
Scary still, is that we must remember that perhaps 40% of real GDP is a direct result of government spending
I'm not sure why this is scary, isn't it normal for government spending to be a large portion of GDP in developed countries? A quick glance shows Canada, Germany, Norway, UK, France, etc. all higher than the US in percentage of GDP that is government spending.

I'm not saying we don't have a spending problem, just saying govt spending being 40% of GDP isn't necessarily some big shocking event.

and that one could assume what little GDP growth we currently experience is driven nearly exclusively from a trillion in borrowed spending.
I'm not positive but I think you might be comparing apples and oranges here.

Total government spending is the close to 40% number, federal government spending is closer to 24%.

New Home Sales drop a sharp 7.3% in December. Inventories of new homes rose to 4.9%. This is further confirmation that the US economy remained mired is Obama policy suck.
The economic recovery is indeed feeble and home sales remain under norm, but you really are being misleading by just grabbing a change in a single month of December number to make a wider analysis on the entire recovery.

New home sales for 2012 were 367k, up 20% from 2011. Existing home sales were 4.65 million, the most in five years.

If you want to ding the poor recovery pace look at overall annual new home sales verus historical norms, you'll find more much reasonable fodder than this December number.

Last edited:
Scary still, is that we must remember that perhaps 40% of real GDP is a direct result of government spending, and that one could assume what little GDP growth we currently experience is driven nearly exclusively from a trillion in borrowed spending.

We are borrowing money.....

So we can spend it.....

This country is so fucked up right now..... :eek:

Forum List

Back