New Here...

Hello.. My name is Alan, AKA Sublime.. Hobbies include Harley Davidson Motorcycles, Mopar Muscle Cars, Schutzhund, Playing Guitar, hanging out with friends etc.

I am fiscally conservative, small government type, socially liberal, I tend to align with Libertarian views the most, although I am not a Libertarian per se. Of the nationally known politicians I align with Marco Rubio, Rand Paul, Allen West, etc.

I believe both parties have gotten us in to a horrible mess. I do not believe the DNC is capable of salvation and their is a glimmer of hope for the GOP. Well, they are about to nominate Romney for the presidential ticket, so I guess that is debatable as well.

Anyway, I am looking forward to a good debate....

Welcome aboard shipmate.
What model HD you have? Mine's in the avatar. Love it. I am heading to Va. Beach today - and would be on it - but rain is in the forecast.

I have a 2007 StreetGlide... Here is a pic I took of it at Shade Valley Campground outside of Sturgis last year:
stella-2011-8.jpg

You need to STFU, asswipe

Wow. If I've noticed anything around here in the first few days is that there are some seriously intelligent replies. :doubt:

Wow. If I've noticed anything it's that liberal asswipes call anything other than preferential treatment and appreciationfor what they consider their elevated status as "unintelligent".

I suppose it would be considered unintelligent to insult you if you had any special power or influence.

But you don't. Let's keep it that way.

You are less than intelligent. First of all, I am not a liberal and neither is the person you just attempted to insult. You are far from intelligent, so quit frontin'...

I have NEVER seen so much debate in an introduction thread. Wow... Somebody needs to relax.

HELLO.. I am here.. Thanks for the welcome from most of you.. For the lady with her panties in a bunch, I am done with you... Please exit my post and find somebody else to inflict yourself upon.

Wow. If I've noticed anything around here in the first few days is that there are some seriously intelligent replies. :doubt:

Wow. If I've noticed anything it's that liberal asswipes call anything other than preferential treatment and appreciationfor what they consider their elevated status as "unintelligent".

I suppose it would be considered unintelligent to insult you if you had any special power or influence.

You are less than intelligent. First of all, I am not a liberal and neither is the person you just attempted to insult. You are far from intelligent, so quit frontin'...

Yes, you keep saying that. Like most "social liberals" you think repeating a lie makes it true.

It doesn't.

"Social liberalism is the belief that liberalism should include social justice."

Social liberalism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have NEVER seen so much debate in an introduction thread. Wow... Somebody needs to relax.

HELLO.. I am here.. Thanks for the welcome from most of you.. For the lady with her panties in a bunch, I am done with you... Please exit my post and find somebody else to inflict yourself upon.

:eusa_shhh::eusa_shhh::eusa_shhh:

Have you checked out your userCP options? You can always put her on ignore.

Sorry sublime. Sometimes we have to lay down some suppression fire with these types.

You were saying something about bikes? Please continue.

Yes, you keep saying that. Like most "social liberals" you think repeating a lie makes it true.

It doesn't.

"Social liberalism is the belief that liberalism should include social justice."

Well our definition of social liberalism is much different. I do not believe in social liberalism or government enforced equality. I am not a "progressive" like Obama / Van Jones et al.

You should take a little time to get to know me before you start casting judgement and tossing insults.

It doesn't.

jeez KG... cut the newbie a break. Jump in in the forum if your gonna jump him. :tongue:

"Social liberalism has led to an attitude of allowing government intervention to protect us from ourselves, from cars, from saturated fat, from incorrect sneezing, from almost any situation which can generate a bureaucracy. OHSA in the Department of Labor is now approaching $2 Billion for its budget. And of course, we must protect the children: much spending is done in the name of helping children."

“I’m a fiscal conservative, but a social liberal.” The Epitaph for America’s Future? | RedState

sublime clearly alid down the cavat that one's rights stop where anothers begins. You seem to be trolling everywhere koshergrl. Just what are you trying to accomplish? ...and for whom?

No, he's just another progressive posing as a conservative.

"
In theory of course, that wipes out poverty! But we know it will not! Social liberalism does not stop poverty: if welfare-state bureaucracies actually lessened poverty, they would put themselves out of work. It is to the bureaucrats’ advantage to fertilize poverty!
However, human fertilization is something of which social liberals are usually skeptical. And here we touch upon abortion: I am aware that purely moral arguments are enough to argue against killing unborn children. The point here, however, is our “social liberal-fiscal conservative” will claim that abortion should be allowed, that it actually saves money for society, and that anyway, should not a true conservative keep government away from telling people what they can do with their bodies?"

“I’m a fiscal conservative, but a social liberal.” The Epitaph for America’s Future? | RedState

I can smell those asswipes a mile away. Ask him what he thinks about abortion...and legalized marijuana. And euthanasia. And welfare.

Well, I suppose just asking him was out of the question huh? Go whack a known loon like citizenal.

"Social liberalism has led to an attitude of allowing government intervention to protect us from ourselves, from cars, from saturated fat, from incorrect sneezing, from almost any situation which can generate a bureaucracy. OHSA in the Department of Labor is now approaching $2 Billion for its budget. And of course, we must protect the children: much spending is done in the name of helping children."

Like I said, you are trying to apply a definition to me that simply is not true.

MY DEFINITION OF SOCIAL LIBERALISM:

1) Don't legislate morality
2) A person's body is their ultimate property, what they do with their body is their business (this does not mean I am a fan of abortion), if somebody wants to drink alcohol, do drugs, prostitute themselves, that is THEIR business. What consenting adults do in the privacy of their home is THEIR business.

I live my life fairly conservatively for the most part. I seldom drink, I do not do drugs, I believe abortion is wrong, I work fifty to sixty hours a week, I enjoy kicking it and playing guitar or going for a ride on my motorcycle during my down time. Women are my primary downfall and will ultimately be my undoing. This is who I am, I don't expect anybody to live the same as I do because I think it is the right way to live, it is just the right way for me to live. Find your path and enjoy your life, if a strictly conservative lifestyle is what makes you happy, I am happy for you, so long as you do not try to enforce it on me or others.

Remember, it's not your place to cast judgement on others.

No, he's just another progressive posing as a conservative.

"
In theory of course, that wipes out poverty! But we know it will not! Social liberalism does not stop poverty: if welfare-state bureaucracies actually lessened poverty, they would put themselves out of work. It is to the bureaucrats’ advantage to fertilize poverty!
However, human fertilization is something of which social liberals are usually skeptical. And here we touch upon abortion: I am aware that purely moral arguments are enough to argue against killing unborn children. The point here, however, is our “social liberal-fiscal conservative” will claim that abortion should be allowed, that it actually saves money for society, and that anyway, should not a true conservative keep government away from telling people what they can do with their bodies?"

I can smell those asswipes a mile away. Ask him what he thinks about abortion...and legalized marijuana. And euthanasia. And welfare.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are so f&cking wrong I don't know where to begin.

First, I can't stand Obama, I believe he could lead to the downfall of this country. I believe in many ways George Bush was a progressive, he certainly spent too much money and the prescription drug program was a BAD idea. There have been very few good leaders in the last century. Our government has run amuck for far too long. BOTH parties are to blame for the mess we are in and people like you make reasonable discussion nearly impossible.

When did I mention Bush or Obama, fruitcake?

You imply that I believe in Social Justice. Something that Barack Obama is known for, so you imply that I like that moron we call president. I added Bush because I do not believe he was a conservative at all.

You simply don't understand that your definition of social liberalism and mine are different. I defined it and yet you're still here trying to label me a progressive. You are nuckin futs...

It doesn't.

Well our definition of social liberalism is much different. I do not believe in social liberalism or government enforced equality. I am not a "progressive" like Obama / Van Jones et al.

You should take a little time to get to know me before you start casting judgement and tossing insults.

If that's true, ignoramus, then I suggest you educate yourself regarding the terms you use.

Because you, and all the other who have migrated here with you, identified yourself as a social liberal, economic conservative.

Ar eyou going to share your views on welfare, abortion, euthanasia, and social justice?

Forum List

Back