New Here...

PLease elaborate on your canine and guitar preferences because you are clueless when it comes to cars and bikes.

LOL...

I have a Czech line German Shepherd and a 1/2 German 1/2 American line Rottie....

For guitar I have a '78 Les Paul, Carvin California Carved Top, '84 Kramer Beretta and an old Martin Acoustic.

I play a lot of metal, but have recently been getting in to ZZ-Top, Lynyrd Skynyrd etc. etc.

So you don't like Harleys or Mopars eh? What's your preference?

His preference? Mopeds and push carts....... :eusa_whistle:

LMFAO... That's classic.

Hello.. My name is Alan, AKA Sublime.. Hobbies include Harley Davidson Motorcycles, Mopar Muscle Cars, Schutzhund, Playing Guitar, hanging out with friends etc.

I am fiscally conservative, small government type, socially liberal, I tend to align with Libertarian views the most, although I am not a Libertarian per se. Of the nationally known politicians I align with Marco Rubio, Rand Paul, Allen West, etc.

I believe both parties have gotten us in to a horrible mess. I do not believe the DNC is capable of salvation and their is a glimmer of hope for the GOP. Well, they are about to nominate Romney for the presidential ticket, so I guess that is debatable as well.

Anyway, I am looking forward to a good debate....

Well sweetie, you sound just GR8!!! Looking forward to your USMB observations and hope you have a good time. :D

imagesCAD7MZTN-2-1-1.jpg

Oh look. Yet another social liberal.

Shocker.

Mind you I believe in God, I believe in Jesus Christ as my savior. BUT....

I do not believe it is my place to enforce my beliefs on another individual. I don't do drugs, but if somebody else wants to do drugs I believe that is their choice and they should be free to do so. etc. etc.

So when I say I am a social liberal it is in the context that I believe that the individual's freedom of choice is paramount. With that comes personal responsibility and accountability for one's actions. If you want freedom, you had better be willing to suffer the consequences of your actions.

Well, you sound very suspiciously conservative in some areas. And if that's the case, let's get right to it... RACIST!!! You really haven't arrived here until someone calls you a racist a couple times for not agreeing with Barry on something.

As for the board itself, it really is very entertaining. But like anywhere, we do have our rules...

1. Pool - No running by the pool. No speedo's (please!). No peeing in the pool, we have a port-a-potty.
2. Do NOT try and look up Syrenn or AquaAthena's dresses or down their blouses (That's my job).
3. If you're putting beer into the cooler, be an upstanding guy and put the warm ones at the bottom. Schlitz, Falstaff, and Pabst Blue Ribbon may be considered premium liquid refreshment here.
4. If you play an instrument, great. Just remember what happened to the guy playing the guitar on the steps in Animal House, so be careful what you play.
5. Flatulence is not a way to say "hello" in any country, unless you can play "What's that tune".
6. The United States of America produces more deodarant and mouthwash than all other countries combined. You will find those who have yet to learn that simple tidbit of information.
7. Any chips or snacks are fair game. Eat fondue at your own risk (even for just making it or using the word).
8. Don't leave your car keys unattended. There are those of us known to joy ride.

Hey, other than that, welcome to the forum!

Shocker.

I do not believe it is my place to enforce my beliefs on another individual. I don't do drugs, but if somebody else wants to do drugs I believe that is their choice and they should be free to do so. etc. etc.

So when I say I am a social liberal it is in the context that I believe that the individual's freedom of choice is paramount. With that comes personal responsibility and accountability for one's actions. If you want freedom, you had better be willing to suffer the consequences of your actions.

Yeah, whatever. I know what a social liberal is. :cuckoo:

Welcome Sublime. USMB has been a terrific board home for a lot of us for a number of years now. All you need to survive is a little common sense, fresh batteries in your bullshit detector, and a bullet proof vest. And you're good to go. :)

Seriously lots of good folks here, quite a few who will share all or most of your views. And a few fools. But even they are good for giggles.

You seem to have an awful lot of business that involves other posters catzmeow... lol

Playing Guitar...I tend to align with Libertarian views the most, although I am not a Libertarian per se.

Welcome! I prefer the term 'classical liberal'. Mises and Hayek are my guys, but whatever you call yourself, it's nice to see another enlighten soul.

Now, guitar playing, eh?

My Goodall:
0276f37cd3bb.jpg

Shocker.

So you believe it is your place to tell others how they should live and use the force of government to see to it they live as you see fit?

So you believe it is your place to tell others how they should live and use the force of government to see to it they live as you see fit?

Why no, I don't.

But social liberals certainly do.

Damn Sub! Haven't even made it past the introduction section and already someone doesn't like you. I wonder if that's Mike in drag???

Hello.. My name is Alan, AKA Sublime.. Hobbies include Harley Davidson Motorcycles, Mopar Muscle Cars, Schutzhund, Playing Guitar, hanging out with friends etc.

I am fiscally conservative, small government type, socially liberal, I tend to align with Libertarian views the most, although I am not a Libertarian per se. Of the nationally known politicians I align with Marco Rubio, Rand Paul, Allen West, etc.

I believe both parties have gotten us in to a horrible mess. I do not believe the DNC is capable of salvation and their is a glimmer of hope for the GOP. Well, they are about to nominate Romney for the presidential ticket, so I guess that is debatable as well.

Anyway, I am looking forward to a good debate....

Welcome aboard shipmate.
What model HD you have? Mine's in the avatar. Love it. I am heading to Va. Beach today - and would be on it - but rain is in the forecast.

Forum List

Back