New here......

marv

Resident Grandpa
Aug 27, 2010
Shell Knob, MO
Glad to see another vBulletin board - pretty familiar with the bells'n'whistles. I hate JAVA and keep JavaScript turned off.

Retired Dept. of the Army almost 20 years ago. Glad to be out of the Federal government. Been with IBM mainframes/software since the late sixties - from 1401 hardware to ESA system software. Now I build my on PCs. Platform includes NetScape 7.2, Firefox 3.5.11, and IE 7.0 tucked into Win XP. I'm on a 28K dialup out here in the country so I don't do sound or video. What I got is all I need.

Pretty conservative Republican. Only the stance on drugs, the Federal Reserve and the military prevents me from going Libertarian. I'm for low taxes, capitalism and liberty. Anything and everything anybody wants to know about me in on my web site listed in my profile.

BTW, I'm a spelling and grammar nazi!

Glad to see another vBulletin board - pretty familiar with the bells'n'whistles. I hate JAVA and keep JavaScript turned off.

Retired Dept. of the Army almost 20 years ago. Glad to be out of the Federal government. Been with IBM mainframes/software since the late sixties - from 1401 hardware to ESA system software. Now I build my on PCs. Platform includes NetScape 7.2, Firefox 3.5.11, and IE 7.0 tucked into Win XP. I'm on a 28K dialup out here in the country so I don't do sound or video. What I got is all I need.

Pretty conservative Republican. Only the stance on drugs, the Federal Reserve and the military prevents me from going Libertarian. I'm for low taxes, capitalism and liberty. Anything and everything anybody wants to know about me in on my web site listed in my profile.

:welcome: 2 USMB!
Njoy u're stay heah!

You're for low taxes but not so low that you wpon't get your check every month, right?

Not that you don't deserve the contractual pay off for your time in service, but you do see the inherent philosophical disconnect between being anti-government and having lived on a government check most of your career, right?

Welcome to the forum.

I will see you in some threads soon I hope.

You're for low taxes but not so low that you wpon't get your check every month, right?

Not that you don't deserve the contractual pay off for your time in service, but you do see the inherent philosophical disconnect between being anti-government and having lived on a government check most of your career, right?

He never said he was anti-government. He said he was conservative and for low taxes, liberty, and capitalism. None of those things are anti-government.

Where are you getting this conception from :confused:

Well-come I'm sure galled you cane! (I Uzi spiel check)

You mean "own" and "is", right?...;)

Welcome aboard!

You mean "own" and "is", right?...;)

Welcome aboard!

Heh! Yer absolutely correct! :bowdown:

I have to ask...if you build your own PC's...why are you doing it with Windows?? That makes zero sense.

Welcome to USMB. There IS no better place to be....except maybe with a double-breasted bed thrasher.

Marv, you should be impressed. You got to meet the village idiot right off the bat.
(Well one of them at least.)

With your background I'm surprised you haven't migrated to a Linux distro.

o just what i need another phucking spelling nazi....i hate to tellz you but i got enough of that bs with people already here.....

conservative bullshit....one way spellers.....all alike if you ax me

Forum List

Back