New Hampshire

SingleVoyce

Dec 29, 2015
The latest poll in New Hampshire (link below) shows Trump leading with the support of 21% of likely Republican primary voters followed by Rubio at 15% and Kasich at 13%, . However, if you look at the details of the poll, the breakdown of those voters who are registered Republican vs "Undeclared" shows him in a virtual tie among actual Republicans with Rubio, Kasich and Christie. Among the "Undeclared", Trump has the support of 29%.

Is this an indication that Trump can capture the nomination by bringing in voters from outside the party? If so, can he repeat that in a general election matchup with Hillary?

New Hampshire Republican Presidential Preference Primary

Interesting poll. Thanks! And yes I believe he can bring in Independents and Dems. His rallies in Michigan hard core D/Union territory have been interesting to follow. Whether the turn outs can result in voting for him in the General? Well that's always a crap shoot but I give him points for the way he can draw. Other R candidates can't touch his numbers.

WTF are we in for with a Trump presidency?
Some crazy times!

giphy.gif

Yeeee-HAW!!!

The latest poll in New Hampshire (link below) shows Trump leading with the support of 21% of likely Republican primary voters followed by Rubio at 15% and Kasich at 13%, . However, if you look at the details of the poll, the breakdown of those voters who are registered Republican vs "Undeclared" shows him in a virtual tie among actual Republicans with Rubio, Kasich and Christie. Among the "Undeclared", Trump has the support of 29%.

Is this an indication that Trump can capture the nomination by bringing in voters from outside the party? If so, can he repeat that in a general election matchup with Hillary?

New Hampshire Republican Presidential Preference Primary
Perhaps, and no.

Indeed, many democrats and independents in open primary states (of which there are quite a few) would vote for Trump because he'd likely lose the GE – and they'd be correct.

Interesting poll. Thanks! And yes I believe he can bring in Independents and Dems. His rallies in Michigan hard core D/Union territory have been interesting to follow. Whether the turn outs can result in voting for him in the General? Well that's always a crap shoot but I give him points for the way he can draw. Other R candidates can't touch his numbers.

There's another poll included in that article that asks whether you would "consider" or "Never Vote For" a candidate. Trump leads the "Never Vote for" category at 57%. It seems that he has a very solid core of people who support him but, outside of that core, he has high negatives. It's hard to see how that can translate into a general election win.

There's another poll included in that article that asks whether you would "consider" or "Never Vote For" a candidate. Trump leads the "Never Vote for" category at 57%. It seems that he has a very solid core of people who support him but, outside of that core, he has high negatives. It's hard to see how that can translate into a general election win.

If he wins the primary and goes head to head with Hillary it will be interesting to witness how both their negatives play out at that point. The Clinton campaign errrrrrrrrrrr the media has only portrayed Grandma Clinton as nothing short of being ready for sainthood. That will change in the general because Trump will chip away at her Mother Theresa status.

Forum List

Back