New Hampshire State #6 for Gay Marriage

Indeed. Why did you bring that up out of the blue? Unless hell is an exclusively Christian concept...I guess it could be in terms of how they affect the conditions of those around them...:eusa_whistle:

Again.. if this were passing of government recognition of civil unions for all couples.. I would have no problem.... the redefinition of marriage is where I have the problem

I have a hard time believing you, they tried that with an "everything but marriage" here in Seattle, and they shot cried foul, so now the mayor just said hell with it and is pushing for full marriage. Seattle ... well ... it will pass soon. The advocates gave people who claimed that a shot ... and they still whined that it was "too much" ...

Ha ha ha ha haaaaaa! Its coming! Gay marriage! You can't stop change, conservatives! You'll just have to live in your America is #1 fantasy world with married gay folks, or will it be that America won't be #1 for you anymore. I guess you could move to some other really conservative country like.... Well, I can't think of any.

Can I just say that the amazing amount of sarcasm in this post is, to a conservative, pretty damned offensive. There is no reason we should have to move to another country any more than any liberal should and not all of us have any issue at all with change or gay marriage. The obvious derision that both sides tend to spout off, like this post or like Frauline's saying that homosexuality is an "abberent lifestyle" is what leads to screaming wars and the conversation stopping dead with neither side bothering to actually listen to the other.

That being said...Good on NH! In my mind, this whole issue is ridiculous. Any couple that wants to go sign a contract at the JOP and have some sort of ceremony to celebrate that contract should be able to so long as they are both above the legal age of consent. Arguing over whether those are "marriages" or "civil unions" is just parsing terminology. Granted churches have the right to simply say "Nope, we're not performing your ceremony," (they do it to straight people all the time, try getting a Catholic priest to marry you without converting!) but that is a religious institution not a legal one and ALL couples should be granted the same legal rights regardless of gender.

Just my 0.02$ worth.

Ha ha ha ha haaaaaa! Its coming! Gay marriage! You can't stop change, conservatives! You'll just have to live in your America is #1 fantasy world with married gay folks, or will it be that America won't be #1 for you anymore. I guess you could move to some other really conservative country like.... Well, I can't think of any.

Can I just say that the amazing amount of sarcasm in this post is, to a conservative, pretty damned offensive. There is no reason we should have to move to another country any more than any liberal should and not all of us have any issue at all with change or gay marriage. The obvious derision that both sides tend to spout off, like this post or like Frauline's saying that homosexuality is an "abberent lifestyle" is what leads to screaming wars and the conversation stopping dead with neither side bothering to actually listen to the other.

That being said...Good on NH! In my mind, this whole issue is ridiculous. Any couple that wants to go sign a contract at the JOP and have some sort of ceremony to celebrate that contract should be able to so long as they are both above the legal age of consent. Arguing over whether those are "marriages" or "civil unions" is just parsing terminology. Granted churches have the right to simply say "Nope, we're not performing your ceremony," (they do it to straight people all the time, try getting a Catholic priest to marry you without converting!) but that is a religious institution not a legal one and ALL couples should be granted the same legal rights regardless of gender.

Just my 0.02$ worth.

He is repeating what a lot of conservatives said about people who disagreed with the Iraq war ... pot and kettle ... and all.

Well... Despite the controversy, I'm glad to see the progress in New Hampshire.

Forum List

Back