New Hampshire Republicans Propose Bill To Eliminate Workers’ Lunch Breaks

Rinata

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
"New Hampshire’s GOP legislature has come up with all manner of absurd bills recently, including a proposal making public school curriculum optional, another to prevent police from protecting domestic abuse victims, and even a measure mandating that new laws be based on the Magna Carta. Some of the Granite State’s GOP lawmakers have even proposed doing away with the law that requires employers to give their workers time off for lunch, under the rationale that all employers will simply grant lunch breaks out of the goodness of their hearts:

“This is an unneeded law,” [Republican state Representative Kyle Jones] said. “If I was to deny one of my employees a break, I would be in a very bad position with the company’s human resources representative. If you consider that this is a very easy law to follow in that everyone already does it, then why do we need it? Our constituents have already proven that they have enough common sense to do this on their own.”

What is the purpose of undoing this law??? Is this the best that Republicans can give to the people of New Hampshire??? Pitiful.

New Hampshire Republicans Propose Bill To Eliminate Workers' Lunch Breaks | ThinkProgress

You must be a Republican!!! If it does not effect you, forget it, right???

"New Hampshire’s GOP legislature has come up with all manner of absurd bills recently, including a proposal making public school curriculum optional, another to prevent police from protecting domestic abuse victims, and even a measure mandating that new laws be based on the Magna Carta. Some of the Granite State’s GOP lawmakers have even proposed doing away with the law that requires employers to give their workers time off for lunch, under the rationale that all employers will simply grant lunch breaks out of the goodness of their hearts:

“This is an unneeded law,” [Republican state Representative Kyle Jones] said. “If I was to deny one of my employees a break, I would be in a very bad position with the company’s human resources representative. If you consider that this is a very easy law to follow in that everyone already does it, then why do we need it? Our constituents have already proven that they have enough common sense to do this on their own.”

What is the purpose of undoing this law??? Is this the best that Republicans can give to the people of New Hampshire??? Pitiful.

New Hampshire Republicans Propose Bill To Eliminate Workers' Lunch Breaks | ThinkProgress

Geez.. the next thing you know those dastards will want the workers to bring their own toilet paper! Butt... that may not be necessary cause no lunch no shit!

Republicans aren't conservatives, they are regressives. They want to repeal the gains of the 60's and 70's (EPA, Medicare, Medicaid), the New Deal (Social Security, unemployment insurance, the minimum wage), and even the Progressive Era (income tax, antitrust laws, the Federal Reserve).

They want to take us back to the 19th century and turn America into Dickinsean England.

:gives:

So?

You don't offer lunch, you don't get employees, you don't get employees, you go out of business before you start.

Go find something important to cry about.

It's about the few who won't, not the many who do. :clap2:

Yeah, I don't see the purpose of undoing it unnecessarily because ultimately it is there to protect workers and having the law in place is harming no one...

You must be a Republican!!! If it does not effect you, forget it, right???
I have worked in states that didn't have a "Lunch Break Law"

Don't remember anyone ever missing a meal.

Your blinders kept you from noticing.

America's lunch hour on the endangered list:

Only 35 percent of employees in this country say they almost always take a lunch break, according to a web survey in 2011 of about 750 respondents by Right Management, an HR consulting firm. Another poll by the company taken in 2010 that surveyed 2,300 found nearly 50 percent of U.S. workers consistently took time off for a midday meal.

“Lunch patterns allow us to infer a few things about the North American workplace; and one thing that we already know is that the pressure for productivity and performance can be relentless,” said Michael Haid, senior vice president of talent management at Right Management. “This pressure is showing up in various ways like our finding that one-in-three employees are very likely now in the habit of taking lunch at their computers and phones and with supervisors and colleagues.”

About 65 percent of employees either eat at their desk or don’t take lunch breaks at all, according to the company’s recent survey.

Last edited:
Oh, it's Rinata's thread... that explains the fascination with lunch. Fat people hate anyone who comes between them and their food.

Republicans aren't conservatives, they are regressives. They want to repeal the gains of the 60's and 70's (EPA, Medicare, Medicaid), the New Deal (Social Security, unemployment insurance, the minimum wage), and even the Progressive Era (income tax, antitrust laws, the Federal Reserve).

They want to take us back to the 19th century and turn America into Dickinsean England.

18th, please.

Forum List

Back