New Hampshire Primary Thread

I hardly watch the news or politics.
I'm relying on you guys to keep me up to date (scary)

I may have to start paying attention .....

I mean, you'd have to live under a rock to NOT know Hillary was a crook!

Just imagine if you will. Trump in the White House and a Republican majority in both Houses of Congress. Trump will appoint maybe three Supreme Court justices. We're gonna abolish eight years of Obama in the first 60 days.
I think you're dreaming. Trump in the White House would face an uphill battle with House republicans (the establishment). Bush or Rubio would have little problem with a Republican congress.

true enough, rubio/bush would be more of the big govt spending open border crowd and would indeed get along well with congress.
Establishment candidates will not stop illegal immigration, remove all illegal immigrants, stop terrorist attacks in the US and abroad, replace Obamacare with low cost qualify insurance for everyone, provide free college education, abolish the IRS and and replace if with a flat tax, increase estate taxes, increase spending while reducing taxes and the deficit. In fact, no candidate is going to do any of these things and any candidate that proposes any of this is just blowing smoke.

It would not surprise me one bit if Hillary at some point in the next 3 or 4 months is disqualified for health reasons. They may be real or stress induced but she has a past history while Sec of State when she collapsed and was out of action for at least a week, or more. I simply do not see her finishing the run. Her server issues, her Sec of State issues, and if there are more loses of consequence, she is going to implode and then explode. To much going on and she ain't what she used to be. She is no longer young, attractive and is tired. She and Albright are a real pair to draw to. Bill not having sex with that woman and impeachment, her loss in 08, her failures in government, her lies coupled with her reputation today would have killed a weaker person but she is going down and down hard. When her love of self falters, she will be a basket case. And should she survive and be elected, the White House will finish the job. She should quit while she is ahead. Being impeached for security violations would not be a fun thing to have happen. As Clint Eastwood once famously said, "a man has to know his limitations" applies here.

It would not surprise me one bit if Hillary at some point in the next 3 or 4 months is disqualified for health reasons. They may be real or stress induced but she has a past history while Sec of State when she collapsed and was out of action for at least a week, or more. I simply do not see her finishing the run. Her server issues, her Sec of State issues, and if there are more loses of consequence, she is going to implode and then explode. To much going on and she ain't what she used to be. She is no longer young, attractive and is tired. She and Albright are a real pair to draw to. Bill not having sex with that woman and impeachment, her loss in 08, her failures in government, her lies coupled with her reputation today would have killed a weaker person but she is going down and down hard. When her love of self falters, she will be a basket case. And should she survive and be elected, the White House will finish the job. She should quit while she is ahead. Being impeached for security violations would not be a fun thing to have happen. As Clint Eastwood once famously said, "a man has to know his limitations" applies here.
You're right Hillary an't what she use to be. She's older with some health problems and a lot of baggage which is to be expected with over 50 years in politics and public life. Obviously, she has made mistakes but the only people who haven't are those that sit on the side lines and do nothing but criticize.. She is by are the most knowledge, most experience candidate running. She is on a first name basis with all the power brokers in Washington. No doubt she knows more about heads of state, politically situation, and how to work with congress and other nations than any of her opposition. However, voters aren't looking for the most knowledgeable, most experience canidate. They want a leader that will assure them that he will solve all of American's problem. He will make America great. It will be fast and easy and all the voters need to do is to vote for him.

You're right Hillary an't what she use to be. She's older with some health problems and a lot of baggage which is to be expected with over 50 years in politics and public life. Obviously, she has made mistakes but the only people who haven't are those that sit on the side lines and do nothing but criticize.. She is by are the most knowledge, most experience candidate running. She is on a first name basis with all the power brokers in Washington. No doubt she knows more about heads of state, politically situation, and how to work with congress and other nations than any of her opposition. However, voters aren't looking for the most knowledgeable, most experience canidate. They want a leader that will assure them that he will solve all of American's problem. He will make America great. It will be fast and easy and all the voters need to do is to vote for him.

Morning Flopper, for the most part I have to agree. As you understood from my post, congrats as you passed the comprehension portion, and I mean that honestly, I simply feel she is a health issue. looking for a place to happen. All older folks are. I do not support her and cannot for several reasons. Having said that, at this point in time the country needs to heal and quickly. I am trying not to be biased but simply do not see that ability any where in the mix of today's candidates. And I have no issues with the female factor but pleased Fiorina has dropped out. The bitterness on her face was incredible and telling. From my personal perspective, Kasich has the temper/tone I look for and is also qualified as he is no Johnny come lately. Best regards from Alfred E. Neuman.

Morning Flopper, for the most part I have to agree. As you understood from my post, congrats as you passed the comprehension portion, and I mean that honestly, I simply feel she is a health issue. looking for a place to happen. All older folks are. I do not support her and cannot for several reasons. Having said that, at this point in time the country needs to heal and quickly. I am trying not to be biased but simply do not see that ability any where in the mix of today's candidates. And I have no issues with the female factor but pleased Fiorina has dropped out. The bitterness on her face was incredible and telling. From my personal perspective, Kasich has the temper/tone I look for and is also qualified as he is no Johnny come lately. Best regards from Alfred E. Neuman.
I too think Kasich is probably the best of the republican lot. He's not into all the ideological nonsense and he has no crazy radical proposals that would never make it through congress. In other words, he's an administrator that seems to have done a pretty good job in Ohio.

In spite of his brother and the strong backing of the establishment, I think Bush would make a pretty good president. Being a democrat, I disagree with him on a number issues but I think he would do a decent job. I lived in Florida when he was governor. He seem to work well with both Republicans and Democrats and got a lot of praise for his performance as governor. I think if Trump wasn't in the race, Bush would be leading the pack. If republicans really want someone like Trump in the white house, Bush doesn't stand a chance and neither does Kasich because neither of these candidates are like Trump. They're not entertainers and they can't command the attention of the media by playing the role of a crude sharp tongued buffoon, with radical unrealistic proposals.

As you have probably concluded, I was a Republican for my entire life. Now I do the Independent thing. My train ride through life is now in the rail yard not far from deboarding. And frankly, I am tired of the whole party routine and the disappointments of the general social thinking. I wish you the best my friend. Take care and don't let the herd trample you in the haste to control your life and thinking. It has been a pleasure to converse with you. Al aka I amso IR

New Topics

Forum List

Back