New Hampshire Police arrest man for protecting own property

Leweman

Gold Member
Aug 5, 2010
New Hampshire Man Arrested For Firing Gun Into Ground While Catching Suspected Burglar | Fox News

No one was injured in the incident, but when the police arrived, they made two arrests. Hebert was charged with two counts of burglary and drug possession. He faces up to seven years in prison if convicted. Fleming, meanwhile, is scheduled to be arraigned March 20 on a charge of reckless conduct, which could potentially land him a sentence similar to the one Hebert faces.

Just pathetic! Great job, Farmington, New Hampshire. :clap2:

When I got my concealed carry permit, the police instructor told me there is a 50/50 rule when it comes to cops and concealed weapons. Half of all cops will be complete dicks to you if you do not follow procedures to last scintilla, and half will be cool and apply some common sense.

If the article is accurate, it looks like this hero might have gotten the dick half.

Last edited:
New Hampshire Man Arrested For Firing Gun Into Ground While Catching Suspected Burglar | Fox News

No one was injured in the incident, but when the police arrived, they made two arrests. Hebert was charged with two counts of burglary and drug possession. He faces up to seven years in prison if convicted. Fleming, meanwhile, is scheduled to be arraigned March 20 on a charge of reckless conduct, which could potentially land him a sentence similar to the one Hebert faces.

he admitted he was wrong to discharge a weapon in a residential neighborhood. he said he used poor judgement and apologized.

too bad the asshats in this thread are too busy wadding up their panties to understand that.

he admitted he was wrong to discharge a weapon in a residential neighborhood. he said he used poor judgement and apologized.

too bad the asshats in this thread are too busy wadding up their panties to understand that.

There is an application of common sense that should apply here. They didn't have to arrest him given the circumstances.

There is an application of common sense that should apply here. They didn't have to arrest him given the circumstances.

when he was interviewed on tv, he said he was wrong and the cops were right.

it's easy to second guess the cops, i guess.

i doubt it will go to trial.

Did you even read the report, Del? The man fired INTO THE GROUND, and the cops called it "reckless endangerment"? You have to be kidding me; here in SC I could have (and personally, I WOULD HAVE!) shot the subject as soon as he failed to obey a command to halt. I fail to understand why that would be unlawful in ANY jurisdiction; it's certainly lawful here, and we like it that way. One more reason I don't even care to visit up North, much less live with people with so little common sense; the cops involved obviously have absolutely NONE; I suppose they would have rather had the burglar take his gun and kill him, for daring to be armed; why, how DARE he usurp the function of the cops and actually try to help them do their job? Can't have that! Hell, the poor bastard even apologized and sucked up to those SOBs. I hope they get well-known in that community; and perhaps their future interactions with the public they serve will be less kind to them (seems to me they aren't worthy of courtesy! Typical New England assholes! Typical authoritarian Yankees! Lord, how I despise the species!

"I think I did right" means he admits he was wrong. Good to know.

Did you even read the report, Del? The man fired INTO THE GROUND, and the cops called it "reckless endangerment"? You have to be kidding me; here in SC I could have (and personally, I WOULD HAVE!) shot the subject as soon as he failed to obey a command to halt. I fail to understand why that would be unlawful in ANY jurisdiction; it's certainly lawful here, and we like it that way. One more reason I don't even care to visit up North, much less live with people with so little common sense; the cops involved obviously have absolutely NONE; I suppose they would have rather had the burglar take his gun and kill him, for daring to be armed; why, how DARE he usurp the function of the cops and actually try to help them do their job? Can't have that! Hell, the poor bastard even apologized and sucked up to those SOBs. I hope they get well-known in that community; and perhaps their future interactions with the public they serve will be less kind to them (seems to me they aren't worthy of courtesy! Typical New England assholes! Typical authoritarian Yankees! Lord, how I despise the species!

In Fort Worth a guy chased a gang of kids that slashed his tires down the street, shot one of them, drug him back to his house, and the police did not even write him a ticket.

thanks for sharing

we have things called laws up here; you probably are better off staying away

you'll be missed

adjust your meds :thup:

i saw him on tv- he said he was wrong

thanks for playing

It's murka. Get used to it. No matter. The guys is a coward, after all....why are the cops still alive ?

yea like a fat turd like you would have shot the cops.....:lol:....you fucking ran because you thought the Muslims were coming and your going to shoot Cops?.....:lol:

thanks for playing

Does he have a lawyer now? Typically lawyers advise their clients to express contrition when charged with a crime, it makes it easier for the DA to drop charges to something that is not a felony.

It is the way the game is played.

thanks for playing

Does he have a lawyer now? Typically lawyers advise their clients to express contrition when charged with a crime, it makes it easier for the DA to drop charges to something that is not a felony.

It is the way the game is played.

i have no idea; i would assue so. the da seems like a rational human being, unlike some of the assclowns in this thread. and, no, i'm not referring to you.

i doubt if he ever goes to trial. cops enforce; they don't adjudicate.

Forum List

Back