New Hampshire highway collision leaves 7 motorcyclists dead

BasicHumanUnit

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2013
Everywhere needed
Most were reportedly Marine Vets.

New Hampshire highway collision leaves 7 motorcyclists dead, 3 injured

I think it's safe to assume all those bikers did NOT swerve into the lane of the oncoming truck.
What a tragedy. The news story doesn't yet identify the driver of the truck or even if he survived or not.
Running head on into a big heavy machine like a Harley can do significant damage even to a truck like the one in this accident.

If you ride motorcycles, this has got to be on your mind a lot when your ride (if you're the least bit concerned with safety)

You can be doing everything right, and someone in a car or truck can be distracted on the phone etc and take your life in an instant.

Thoughts and Prayers to the survivors and their families.

I used to ride motorcycles until my bad back prevented me from doing that any longer. My Dad had numerous bikes, and my brother & his wife both have multiple Harleys. Motorcycles are inherently dangerous.

Rider beware.

Happened about a 20 minute drive from me.

(Not too far up the road from SantaClausLand)

Marines were involved in some sort of charity.

terrible event.

I think it's safe to assume all those bikers did NOT swerve into the lane of the oncoming truck.
What a tragedy. The news story doesn't yet identify the driver of the truck or even if he survived or not.
Running head on into a big heavy machine like a Harley can do significant damage even to a truck like the one in this accident.

If you ride motorcycles, this has got to be on your mind a lot when your ride (if you're the least bit concerned with safety)

You can be doing everything right, and someone in a car or truck can be distracted on the phone etc and take your life in an instant.

Yep, according to the report the truck swerved into their path and was carrying a trailer. The gas tank on the truck was damaged and exploded. The Marine Vets were staying close by-

Troopers responding to a reported crash on Route 2 around 6:30 p.m. determined that a 2016 Dodge 2500 traveling westbound hit a group of motorcyclists who were traveling in the opposite direction, according to state police.

The names of the seven people killed have not been released.

Three others were taken to the hospital, one of whom was later airlifted to Maine Medical Center.

Jerry Hamanne, who owns a bed and breakfast near the scene of the accident, said the scene was “devastating.”

“There were motorcycles all over the highway, devastating. People were screaming, and yelling and crying. I saw five motorcycles on the ground that got wiped out by a truck pulling a trailer.” Hamanne said. “There was an explosion, the truck caught on fire.”

Hamanne said it appears the fire was sparked by a damaged gas tank.
7 dead, 3 injured in ‘devastating’ NH crash between pickup, motorcycles

This is why I wish that my most favorite singer who is still here would give up his motorcycle riding.

God bless you and James Otto always!!!

Holly

Can't even count the close calls I had when idiots not paying attention pulled in front of my bike and cut me off.
Actually, same could be said when I drive with 4 wheels.

Please put the damn phones away when driving folks.

Patriot Ride today in my area.
The Patriot Ride

Without knowing the details, I'm betting it will be an illegal Mexican drunk driver. Because in the failed, subhuman, nuke-bait sewer known as Mexico, it's perfectly acceptable to drive while being three-sheet-to-the-wind on god knows how much booze.

Without knowing the details, I'm betting it will be an illegal Mexican drunk driver. Because in the failed, subhuman, nuke-bait sewer known as Mexico, it's perfectly acceptable to drive while being three-sheet-to-the-wind on god knows how much booze.

I don't know how much truth there is to that but I can say first hand that I do know some Mexicans who regularly drive very drunk, have been caught way over the limit and still keep doing it.

Truck driver charged with 7 homicides in motorcycle crash

Records show that Zhukovskyy was arrested on drunken driving charges last month and in 2013.

He was stopped by police in East Windsor, Connecticut, on May 11, state court records show. Details were not available; a message seeking comment was left for his lawyer in that case.

Additionally, Zhukovskyy was arrested for drunken driving in 2013 in Westfield, Massachusetts, state motor vehicle records show. He was placed on probation for one year and had his license suspended for 210 days, The Westfield News reported.

What a tragedy.

I lived in NH for over twenty years. The roads are curvy and heading up hills is common.

And now we find the truck driver has been arrested for drunk driving more than once??

What a damned shame.

There have been a lot of bike accidents in NE lately. It's a shame as there have been a lot of perfect days for riding lately too. More often than not the cause turns out to be some jackass in a car not looking or paying attention.

hearing today in Lancaster.

Any idea where this accident happened. I lived not 20 miles from Lancaster.

I lived not 20 miles from Lancaster.
New Hampshire?

Randolph is about halfway to Berlin, just past SantaClausLand

Yup. Been there many times and I lived in Berlin for years.

Such a tragedy. The driver was a Russian.

Driver In Randolph, NH Crash That Killed 7 Motorcyclists Set To Face Judge

Forum List

Back