New Gun, Rex Zero 1: If the Sig P226 and the 1911 had a baby...would this pistol be it?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
I just saw this at thetruthaboutguns.....it is a new pistol so I thought I would try to get it some attention since I am interested in it...but it is too new a pistol to buy, until it has been out a while.....so if you guys out there could buy it and try it out....then let me know...that would be great.

The Arex, Rex Zero 1 pistol......

Here...I can post this now...

Gun Review: Arex REX zero 1 S - The Truth About Guns

Overall: * * * *
I’m not the biggest fan of SIG ergos, aesthetics, or the large amount of gun they put up above the web of your hand, and all of this colors my ultimate opinion of the REX. I can’t give it five stars because I like other modern pistols more and I shoot them better. However, if you’re a fan of the P226/P229 — and a fan of the guns rather than married to the SIG brand itself — you’re going to love this thing. The REX zero 1 S checks all of the SIG boxes, adds a few more of its own (ambi safety, ambi mag release, etc), and does so at just over half the SIG MSRP.

Look just like a Sig. I remember when I first began transitioning over to Sig from the 1911 - I HATED the DA/SA and no safety. Now? A safety feels awkward to me.

It very closely resembles the Sig SP2022 and slightly like the 226.

But you can pick up a 2022 for just under $500.

I just picked up one of these........

5715210077_3a9b766c36.jpg

Bought it from Jeeves........

Look just like a Sig. I remember when I first began transitioning over to Sig from the 1911 - I HATED the DA/SA and no safety. Now? A safety feels awkward to me.

It very closely resembles the Sig SP2022 and slightly like the 226.

But you can pick up a 2022 for just under $500.

From the review....the safety allows you to carry this gun like a 1911, cocked and locked.......or you can drop the hammer....that is why it is like a Sig and a 1911 had a kid.....

Granny says, "Dat's silly...

... the granddaddy of `em all is...

... a double-barrel 12 ga. Mossburg."

Actually, and not to hijack this thread, if you are relying on a Mossberg (not a bad choice), but the grandaddy is NOT the Mossberg....it's either one of these:

Forum List

Back