New Groupie

Oct 2, 2012
Just wanted to say hello and thank all of you for the interesting links, commentary and banter that I have been enjoying for days. Stumbled across when I googled Gravediggers of Tarawa...thus, you know my current interest.

Gravediggers of Tarawa is a book written about the burial of over 1000 Marines during WWII...there were several posts that kept bring me back to this board. So I thought I'd make myself at home.

Just wanted to say hello and thank all of you for the interesting links, commentary and banter that I have been enjoying for days. Stumbled across when I googled Gravediggers of Tarawa...thus, you know my current interest.
Welcome to USMB, itsallrelative2. Hope you stay and enjoy the boards. :)

Gravediggers of Tarawa is a book written about the burial of over 1000 Marines during WWII...there were several posts that kept bring me back to this board. So I thought I'd make myself at home.
My dad was a Marine in WWII, but he died in the 90s. I got the impression of his seldom saying anything about it that he wasn't really fond of the actions of war, although he had a cigar box full of medals my mom kept for him while he was in Korea. War is bad. It's too bad you have to stick up for your citizens being murdered by power-mad entities.

Forum List

Back