New GOP Bill Promises Real Health Care Reform

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
I've skimmed this article and it seems to make a great deal of sense. This seems to be the summary and I can't find any reason to dispute it.

The main point to be stressed here is that all of the broken promises of ObamaCare are kept with a Republican approach that minimizes and streamlines the role of government, leaving the private sector to solve problems in creative ways — instead of the top-down, command and control approach we are currently using.

Full story w/lots of links @ New GOP Bill Promises Real Health Care Reform

I've skimmed this article and it seems to make a great deal of sense. This seems to be the summary and I can't find any reason to dispute it.

The main point to be stressed here is that all of the broken promises of ObamaCare are kept with a Republican approach that minimizes and streamlines the role of government, leaving the private sector to solve problems in creative ways — instead of the top-down, command and control approach we are currently using.

Bwa ha ha ha ha, "obamacare" came from the Heritage Foundation bub, check into it, turn your tv off.

The word "reform" scares me.

That is government speak for to fuck things up.

It's been in the making for 6 years......it aught to cure your slice....

Yeah .... riiiight.

Of course, the mandate stays.

Bwa ha ha ha ha, "obamacare" came from the Heritage Foundation bub, check into it, turn your tv off.

This claim still get's a giggle.

Even if it did (Heritage never suggested anything called Obamacare), so what ?

Thanks longknife it's about time
I especially appreciate getting rid of both individual and employer mandate that have unintended punitive effects that otherwise hurt citizens when it was intended to provide for them.
The correction removing the mandates was linked to your link at:
Obamacare Problems Solved | Goodman Institute for Public Policy Research

I have ONE more idea: if Congress does not agree to replace ACA with this,
then change the ACA to offer BOTH plans and let taxpayers CHOOSE which track to go with.
I know which one I will go with, the plan to end the mandates that otherwise backfires against citizens.

I don't believe that Republicans will ever get rid of the mandates, even if they have the power to do so. At best, they'll call them tax incentives and move on. There's no way they're going to turn up their nose at a corporatist power grab netting them control over 20% of the economy.

I don't believe that Republicans will ever get rid of the mandates, even if they have the power to do so. At best, they'll call them tax incentives and move on. There's no way they're going to turn up their nose at a corporatist power grab netting them control over 20% of the economy.

Agreed.

The foolishness of those who support the GOP is they actually think the GOP stands for something other than what the democrats stand for.

Forum List

Back