New Google Chrome Laptop: Just Another Useful Government Spy-Tool?...

they can't just phase them out.. Their best shot would be to produce motherbaords without native sata/ide/scsi interfaces, but you could always work around it by chaining off USB3/esata and using expansion cards

Don't be surprised if they find a way. Most people will just get external Hard Drives or other options. The tricky part will be trying to keep your personal info from getting on the Internet period. That's gonna get pretty tricky and probably too complicated for the average person. Most will just go along and allow all their info out there on the Net. There very well may be a day when you wont have a choice in any of this. And that's very scary.

I am more worried about smart phones. Look at all the recent lawsuits about privacy violations built into the mobile operating systems as well as popular applicatons. Advertising companies (which google is one) scare me way more than the government in this instance. They know everything about you, your habits, your conditions, etc

Oh Cell Phones are definitely used as Government Spy-Tools. The Corporations who produce them are all tied very closely to the Government. It's all connected now. The Government/Corporation Industrial Complex is very real. They're the same enity at this point. This Hard Drive thing is very disturbing. Someday Citizens may not have a choice on whether or not they want to store their information on the Internet. And that would be a tragic crime. Anytime a Corporation like Google is behind something,i become very skeptical and cautious.

Google doing this makes me even more skeptical. I just don't trust them.

I just received a warning an IP address was trying to access my computer while on FB. Watch out and be careful on your replies.. FB talks of going public, I think the kids running the show need to get some security issues s/o...first...It is looking like nothing is free, example the recent news on google.....

Google doing this makes me even more skeptical. I just don't trust them.

I just received a warning an IP address was trying to access my computer while on FB. Watch out and be careful on your replies.. FB talks of going public, I think the kids running the show need to get some security issues s/o...first...It is looking like nothing is free, example the recent news on google.....

Top Google & Facebook Execs meet with this White House on a regular basis. Why is that? It's all about propaganda and spying. I wouldn't even consider buying a Google Laptop that only stores your information on the Net. They cannot be trusted.

Ok, I wouldn't either. This is a HP laptop and I really like it, my last one was IBM and I had good luck with that too for year's. No change necessary here. :)

its definitely an issue. Will look into the specs. If encryption is done on the laptop then its not an issue (except for people who use weak passphrases, but Google cracking passwords would be a bit much).

What if they're working towards phasing out Hard Drives all together? I'm leaning towards thinking that's what they're doing. So everything you store on your Computer can be accessed via the Internet. It's a scary thought but it looks like that's where they're headed.

If by "they", you mean consumer preference, than yes, large hard drives are becoming less and less necessary.

Forum List

Back