New Generation of Men or Boys?

Shadow

Silver Member
Aug 16, 2008
Land Of Enchantment
'Manning Up' by Kay Hymowitz: Has the Rise of Women Turned Men Into Boys?

Men. Who needs 'em? Colleges don't. Employers don't. Women don't. Even their own parents don't. At least, that's how it feels to a lot of guys, according to prominent social critic Kay Hymowitz's controversial new book, "Manning Up."

And those guys may be right, to an extent. Colleges have infamously lowered admission standards for males, young women in major cities earn over fifteen times more than their male peers, the number of "choice mothers" (single women who choose to have and raise a child on their own) is rapidly rising, and couples who are planning a family report a strong preference for baby girls.

Generation Y, which Hymowitz refers to as "preadults," is poised to take over the world. Or ... make that half of Generation Y. Twenty-something women far outnumber their male counterparts in practically every arena that counts. They may even be better at brushing their teeth. Actually, that's pretty much a given.

So where does all this leave guys?

Sitting around a crowded living room strewn with beer cans, playing Halo 34 with their buddies, obviously. (What? You don't think we'll get to Halo 34?)

'Manning Up' by Kay Hymowitz: Has the Rise of Women Turned Men Into Boys? - MyDaily

The Baby Boomers really fucked this country over.

I'm afraid we did. Let's see if the next generation has the balls to fix it. Not all the hippies turned into bleeding heart liberals.
No they didn't. I've said it before too. The Xers and now the Y Generation will have the responsibility to clean up after the self centered Me Generation's colossal fuckups for their own edification.

Get used to Schadenfreude, people. The only joy we're going to get from fixing their mess is watching them suffer through their 'achievements' destruction as those more responsible, shuffle them into a very sad epoch of history of collective narcissism and pie eyed Pollyanna idealism.

The pendulum blade of history is swinging back the other way, and going to reverse the course started about 100 years ago, as it always does.

Last edited:
Yes, ladies and gentlemen "Girl Power" IS ruining this country. For the last 40 years we've been telling girls and women that they CAN do anything they want. They CAN get that education, get that job, live without a guy in their life, etc... At the same time we've told boys and men that they SHOULDN'T do what they want. They shouldn't be loud, aggressive, annoying, violent, and pretty much everything else intrinsicly MALE out there.

After 40 years of this we've changed the gender definitions. We no longer just have Men and women, like our grandparents generation (and to a lesser degree our parents) had. We now have a slew of different "genders"....

women - Genetic females who espouse traditional roles (very few left)
woMen - Genetic femalse who believe they can and should do any/everything a man can
Women - Female Supremicists

metrosexuals - Genentic males who agree with either woMen or Women
Men - Genetic males who espouse traditional roles (very few left)

With that in mind, the few true Men and women left out there are forced into isolation by society. Their ability to breed is significantly reduced and by natural law they become the weaker and less prevailant genders because of it.

young women in major cities earn over fifteen times more than their male peers,

Uh, Kay needs to provide a citation for that kind of number. I have a hard time squaring that with the claims that women work for eighty-cents to every male dollar.

This woman is just a misandrist troll for the WSJ.

Interesting theory, but I think there's a bit more to it.

Women are simply smarter. J/K!

Seriously though there are several factors, but I do think schooling plays a big role. Teachers naturally favor girls because they are easier to teach. And smarter. Lol

Seriously though there are several factors, but I do think schooling plays a big role. Teachers naturally favor girls because they are easier to teach. And smarter. Lol

So why do smart girls chase bad boys ?

Men blaming their failures on women? Oh, my! I bet these are Republican men.

Always someone else's fault.

It's possible that women are generally more motivated. I'd have to go look the actual number up, but I'm pretty sure average uni enrollment across the country is tipping further and further in the female majority even though the demographic balance is roughly the same.

Schooling DOES play a major role, as I alluded to in my commentary above. For the last 40 years girls have been told they Can and SHOULD be whatever they want to be.... police, fire, military, CEO's, engineers, etc.... (so long as it's not a traditional housewife and mother); while boys have been told that they need to sublimate their innate desires, interests, instincts, and nature to the ideas of political correctness, non-violence, and other social engineering concepts.

We've essentially taught girls to be Men and boys to be women as an educational philosophy and curriculum for the last half century or so. With that in mind, why would it be surprising to ANYONE that society is now following that model much more closely than the Traditional, Proper, Decent model that our grandparents lived with?

It's possible that women are generally more motivated. I'd have to go look the actual number up, but I'm pretty sure average uni enrollment across the country is tipping further and further in the female majority even though the demographic balance is roughly the same.

Of course it is....

When University X has two candidates with the exact same "resume", with one being of each gender, who do you think they're going to pick? They're gonna pick the girl, if for no other reason than if they don't she's more likely to sue the school for discrimination (and win) than he is.

That's men's fault and men's alone.

It's our fault for allowing it to happen. On that we will agree.

The problem is that SO MANY American men are lead around by their cockheads rather than the heads that sit on their shoulders, that it becomes almost impossible for the American Male population to actually implement the necessary steps to fix the problem.

New Topics

Forum List

Back