New Game, Join In!

Discussion in 'Economy' started by RodISHI, Mar 14, 2010.

1. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,047
    I have HOPE, that others will join me in this new game. It's called find the tax money. The idea came from some information I stumbled across after looking into the USDA Organics program. My curiosity got the best of me when I saw a grant program for small farmers. At first I thought hurray, harrah, a program for the little family farmer. I must say I was just a little more than disappointed when I started looking further into the matter. There is Good NEWS though!

1. I can tell you where another half million dollars of your tax went. A study to find ways to feed dairy cows differently so they create less ammonia when they pee.
    2. America needs a DNA data base for all the cattle Monsanto will be claiming via their patents. Why not pay for this beforehand so Monsanto can get a heads up. Heck it's only a little over a half a million dollars.
    3. Only half million plus to understand why Draft horses get fat and why they get the shivers when they are made to walk backwards and to help create a national database for owners and information for the veterinarians who treat and have the Draft horses with this disease. I always wanted to know that and it is well worth the government spending a half a mil for me to know. I must say though I wonder if Draft horses are next on Monsanto's list of patents? Maybe I should go search FDA and look?

Okay I up to over a million and a half of where some of the tax money is going/gone. It is someone else's turn. That is if anyone else wants to play the find the tax money game.
    National Research Initiative - Agricultural Prosperity for Small and Medium-Sized Farms

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. xotoxi

xotoxi Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,492
    WAIT A MINUTE!

Draft horses shiver when they walk backwards?

I think we shouldn't spend $500,000 on this...we should spend $1,000,000 on this!

I wonder if this is linked to piss-shivers???

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,047
  4. Neubarth

Neubarth At the Ballpark July 30th

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +199
    The United States leads the world in agriculture research and innovation. Though we may not understand what the end results will be you can be certain that money spent by the USDA gets far better results than most other research programs. In fact the USDA gets the best results from its limited research budget than any other country in the world. Look elsewhere for misspent tax dollars.

5. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,047
    There you go Neubarth you hit the liberal status you were working on today just great. It is much better to spend a half a million bucks or more to find out how to make a cows pee with less ammonia, another half a million to fully understand why inbreeding Draft horses led to shivers when they walk backwards and another half a million to mark the DNA of everyone's cattle so when Cargill and Monsanto make their big move to take over the rest of the livestock market. Plus all those other 200-300 half a million dollar projects like those are sure spending wisely. You bet ya, a billion and a half a year is just extremely reasonable for discretionary, endowment and the few mandatory expenses for the National Institute Of Food and Agriculture.

http://www.csrees.usda.gov/about/offices/budget/fy2011_budget.pdf

Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  6. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,047
    23% Increase for 2011 I suppose if your going to turn loose of health care may as well give everyone some more money.

7. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,047
    Haha, FDA is going to make generic drugs cost more and HHS has allotted four billion dollars to FDA to make drugs more affordable......:lol::lol::lol:

8. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,047
    I see there are no posters seriously wanting to join in the quest to see where the taxpayer money is going. Oh' well. That is okay I'm going to continue to look at how much money is spent to assist big agriculture, big pharma and big bankers in this country.

The Botox question got me to looking for answers and I found clinicaltrials.gov

One hundred and eighty three trials paid for by the taxpayer to check out BOTOX. If these trials cost anywhere near the same as the trials the USDA is paying for we have at least a half a million dollars spent per BOTOX study. This brings more questions for me. Why does the taxpayer have to pay for these when it is the manufacturer that is making the profits on these products? Are the taxpayers reimbursed for these expenses? Does anyone know? 183 X 500,000 =9,150,000 one product?

Search of: "Botulinum Toxin Type A" - List Results - ClinicalTrials.gov

9. mudwhistle

mudwhistle Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,179
    Put your fucken shirt on and shut the hell up.

Man.....talk about Kool-aid drinkers.:cuckoo:

10. Neubarth

Neubarth At the Ballpark July 30th

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +199
    I noticed how quickly I stopped the creeps and screw-ups from posting on this board. That has some satisfaction associated with it. Usually they do not have a clue about what is happening around them, and it is obvious that they are lost in the messages that precede this one. Why do we have to waste time with these losers?