New Gallup Poll- 1 out of 5 won't vote for a Mormon

really how many people here are actual surprised that most people aren't willing to vote for a Mormon?

Actually, the polls say most are...

But I think that's misleading in many ways.

I suspect the 18% figure is probably more like 30%. But a lot of folks don't want to say it openly, because someone will scream "BIGOT" at them.

Someone who doesn't think Joseph Smith was talking to God any more than I do, but he thinks Romney can get him somewhere he wants to go.

I think a lot of Americans don't know what Mormons actually believe, but when they find out they are going to, "No, really?" WHich is why Romney avoids talking about his religion (which accroding to nearly all reports, is the only thing he actually sincerely believes in) and 43% of the electorate is unaware he is a Mormon.

Again your thinking is flawed

Unless you are claiming the poll is skewed somehow- proof

A scientific poll will represent the true population with in the SD
Thus even if one was able to ask every single person- the percentage will not change much
--------------------------------------------------

Again, religion is a losing issue

compared to Rev Wright
The majority will pick the "magic underwear" every-time

Again your thinking is flawed

Unless you are claiming the poll is skewed somehow- proof

A scientific poll will represent the true population with in the SD
Thus even if one was able to ask every single person- the percentage will not change much
--------------------------------------------------

Again, religion is a losing issue

compared to Rev Wright
The majority will pick the "magic underwear" every-time

um, no, guy.

Everyone knew about Reverand Wright, and they voted for Obama anyway.

The Media will bring the hammer down on Mormonism this summer, and it will be fun to watch.

Oh, he's not my guy. He's the guy you've stuck me with by picking the third place loser from last time.

But the fact is, you claimed up and down that TP incumbants would be taken out when the "moderates" took control of the party.

And quite the opposite has happened. TP challengers have taken out established politicians, like Dick Lugar.

And oddly enough, Mitt Romney at no point said, "Hey, Dick Lugar is a great guy, and this other guy is a Tea Party loon!" Mitt Romney saying anything at that point would have saved Lugar.

But he couldn't be bothered.

Typical extremist lefty nonsense: I said the mainstream would start cutting into TP candidates, and they have. And now you are saying Romney is not a "moderate", which you were claiming all through primary season.

Here is the only possible interest to your comments: yawn. :lol:

I'm saying what I've said all along. Romney is an oppurtunist with no values or morals. In short, a typical Mormon.

The mainstream has not cut into the Tea Party candidates. At least not yet. Oh, a bunch of them will fall to Democrats in November, but not nearly as many as one would hope.

As far as the "conservative/moderate/liberal" labels, those have become completely meaningless.

Became meaningless when the GOP decided they were totally against things they used to be for until Obama did them. (Mandates, killing Khadafy, etc.)

I think that's a masssive stererotype there Joe. You did describe Harry Reid. Funny how liberals hate labels, but they label EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!

You better believe that JoeB is a labeler, just like buckeyes. And both are on the far extremes of the political spectrum, far, far out of the mainstream.

Forum List

Back