New Fox News Poll- Obama 46, Romney 39

I no like President Obama but he will win again this is for sure

yeah the establishment pretty much has it fixed for him to get reelected.they are happy with how he is ruining america just like Bush did so just like they were pleased with Bush and got him reelected,they will do the same with Obama.

The majority of polls have Romney beating Obamination. This poll is an example of some twit at FOX either trying to undermine the network (mole?) or trying to over-do "fair and balanced" by giving Obamination a positive poll.

Anyone who quotes a Rassmussen poll is simply grinding the same ax as Scott Rassmussen.
This is the guy who overestimated Republican votes by 40% in one election.

(And 3.9% on average in EVERY election)

Standard margin of error is between 3% and 4% genius. Besides

Final Results -- -- -- 52.9 45.6 Obama +7.3
Rasmussen Reports 11/1 - 11/3 3000 LV 2.0 52 46 Obama +6

Looks like 1.3% to me with a 2% margin of error. In other words they hit it dead on the nose.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2008 - General Election: McCain vs. Obama

Meanwhile Marist was off by 1.7%, Reuters/Zogby and Gallup were both off by 3.7% (both outside their MOE), Battleground Tarrance was off by 5.3% (also outside their MOE)

Have you met NYC, yet? You two will get along fine.

The poll that matters is the Electoral College poll of states.

RealClearPolitics - 2012 Election Maps - Electoral Map

Obama leads 257 to 170 in non swing states
That means Romney has to take 100 of 125 toss up electoral votes remaining

Romney has to make up some serious ground

You are absolutely correct there. If the election were held today it looks like Romney would only do marginally better than McCain did. A lot can (and certainly will) happen between now and election day - but I agree with you - Romney has to make up some ground.

Anyone who quotes a Rassmussen poll is simply grinding the same ax as Scott Rassmussen.

Looks like 1.3% to me with a 2% margin of error. In other words they hit it dead on the nose.

Meanwhile Marist was off by 1.7%, Reuters/Zogby and Gallup were both off by 3.7% (both outside their MOE), Battleground Tarrance was off by 5.3% (also outside their MOE)

Rassmussen - Oct. 13, 2010 Inouye 53% Cavasso 40%
Actual Nov. 2, 2010 Inouye 74.81% Cavasso 21.57%

Yeah "dead on the nose"

In the 105 polls released in Senate and gubernatorial races by Rassmussen and Pulse Opinion Research they missed the final margin by 5.8 points (way too high for "professional" pollsters) 13 polls missed by 10 points or more, in 55 polls they overestimate Republican support by 3 points or more (as opposed to overestimating Democratic support by 3 points or more in 12 races)

Their average house bias is + 3.9 in favor of Republicans. An honest "margin for error" would swing both ways Einstein.

You ever met anyone with a high school math class under their belt? (You wouldn't get along)

Last edited:

Yeah "dead on the nose"

In the 105 polls released in Senate and gubernatorial races by Rassmussen and Pulse Opinion Research they missed the final margin by 5.8 points (way too high for "professional" pollsters) 13 polls missed by 10 points or more, in 55 polls they overestimate Republican support by 3 points or more (as opposed to overestimating Democratic support by 3 points or more in 12 races)

Their average house bias is + 3.9 in favor of Republicans. An honest "margin for error" would swing both ways Einstein.

You ever met anyone with a high school math class under their belt? (You wouldn't get along)

For the billionth time, they were dead on ONLY in their final poll- when their motives were different. They suq, like all your other info/entertainment/propaganda, dupe...:eusa_liar::cuckoo::lol:

Yeah "dead on the nose"

You are basing your opinion on the Senatorial race in Hawaii? :lmao: What a tool.

No question they had a rough 2010 election season. I have said that all along. BTW...got any links to support your claims?

Hey you are the guy who said "EVERY election" [emphasis yours] and provided no links to support the claim as usual. Maybe your high school math teacher didn't explain what a margin of error is.

2008 election

State Rassmussen Actual

Florida McCain +1 Obama +2.5
Nevada Obama +4 Obama + 12
Michigan Obama + 10 Obama +16.5
Florida McCain + 1 Obama +2.5
Ohio Tie Obama +4
Penn. Obama +6 Obama +10.4
New Mexico Obama +10 Obama + 14.7
Idaho McCain + 39 McCain + 25

A consistent Republican bias that everyone who seriously watches polls has noted.
It got even worse in 2010 (as previously documented)

Scotty sold his soul to Fox news and the Republican Party. He has even spoken at several GOP fundraising events.

NO ONE who knows much at all about public opinion polling puts any stock in Rassmussen anymore.

@blueballs
An honest "margin for error" would swing both ways Einstein.

By the way - pretty telling that you crop out the Hawaii quote and then claim I'm basing all this on one race - right after that you quote the more extensive evidence I posted. Here's hint: You wanna play that "one instance" crap? Then don't post the rest of the evidence I presented right below it. It only makes you look even more stupid - which is no small task I might add.

Last edited:
2008 election

State Rassmussen Actual

Florida McCain +1 Obama +2.5
Nevada Obama +4 Obama + 12
Michigan Obama + 10 Obama +16.5
Florida McCain + 1 Obama +2.5
Ohio Tie Obama +4
Penn. Obama +6 Obama +10.4
New Mexico Obama +10 Obama + 14.7
Idaho McCain + 39 McCain + 25

A consistent Republican bias that everyone who seriously watches polls has noted.
It got even worse in 2010 (as previously documented)

Scotty sold his soul to Fox news and the Republican Party. He has even spoken at several GOP fundraising events.

NO ONE who knows much at all about public opinion polling puts any stock in Rassmussen anymore.

sigh....link. Do you know what a link is?

@blueballs

By the way - pretty telling that you crop out the Hawaii quote and then claim I'm basing all this on one race - right after that you quote the more extensive evidence I posted. Here's hint: You wanna play that "one instance" crap? Then don't post the rest of the evidence I presented right below it. It only makes you look even more stupid - which is no small task I might add.

Still waiting on a link.

@blueballs

Yeah that's right genius. So if the margin of error is 4 and your polls say Candidate A +3 and the final result is anywhere from Candidate A +7 to -1 then guess what!!!!! You're within the margin of error. HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!! What a concept. Now when you are looking at an average of polls the margin of error will increase because the standard deviation increases as well. So when you say they were off by 3.9 in an average of polls and you consider that the standard MOE in an individual poll is usually 3-4 (depending on the type of poll) and you realize that the MOE will increase the more polls you add into the average, then what you are unwittingly claiming is that on average they are correct as it's within the MOE. Good Christ.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back