New Firefox Beta

Feb 28, 2009
Testing the new Firefox 4.0 Beta 6.... It's awesome thus far. Much faster than previous versions (never thought this was possible) and uses less processor resources. Really slick, runs Java much better too.

Thus far I am quite pleased, been running it for a couple of days. Only issue is, hardly any of the themes or add-ons are compatible with it yet.

Anyone else playing with this?

Link for downloading it is here:

Firefox 4 Beta

• Banned
  • Banned
add ons fuck up browsers released that aren't really stable.

normal people: stay away from it. between windows and
Fortunately, adblock still works just fine with FF4. That's really the only add-on I wouldn't want to browse without.

Testing the new Firefox 4.0 Beta 6.... It's awesome thus far. Much faster than previous versions (never thought this was possible) and uses less processor resources. Really slick, runs Java much better too.

Thus far I am quite pleased, been running it for a couple of days. Only issue is, hardly any of the themes or add-ons are compatible with it yet.

Anyone else playing with this?

Link for downloading it is here:

Firefox 4 Beta
Yeah. It aint bad. I run Vector/Slackware in "testing"
I'm posting from it now. It's as good as the version in Mint and much better than Ubuntu.
Mozilla has always been on top of their game.
Chrome is a bit better but I aint into CIA whoring.
"Posted from Iceweasel"

If you install Add-on Compatibility Reporter it allows most of them to work. There are a few that flat out conflict with 4.0, but most of them actually work pretty much the way they are supposed to.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/15003/?src=external-fxbetarelnote
I didn't really want to participate in the reporting, I figure they're going to have FF4 as a stable release soon enough.

You do not have to participate, just install it.

I'm happy with my current version of FF see no reason to "upgrade"

I hear the new Internet Explorer might actually be good this time..

Or maybe, it's just another piece of shit people like me delete after downloading Firefox.

Forum List

Back