New feature

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
If you look at the bottom of the board by the stats you will see a new bar listing the top 5 reputations on the board. I'm going to see if I can tweak it a bit since it's biased towards mods! Admittedly, the default code for rep points is more favorable towards mods and admins, so they'll likely gather points faster and stay at the top.

Off the topic...

What happened to the little "USMB Moderator" badges that used to appear on the mods' posts? Made it very easy to identify the moderators. Or maybe that's why we got rid of them?

dmp said:
How are mod rep points different than regular rep points? How are our points more favorable?

They're not. I'm just saying, taking the mods out of the running for the Top 5 Reputations would make it seem less unbiased.

mom4 said:
Off the topic...

What happened to the little "USMB Moderator" badges that used to appear on the mods' posts? Made it very easy to identify the moderators. Or maybe that's why we got rid of them?

Yeah! That disappeared along with the "New Posts" info...

dmp said:
How are mod rep points different than regular rep points? How are our points more favorable?

There are a few options that unfortunately I can't, or don't know how, to control:

1- How many reputation clicks can a user give over each 24 hour period? Administrators are exempt from this limit. Currently set to 10

2- How many different users must you give reputation to before you can hit the same person again? Administrators are exempt from this limit. Currently set to 10

And I didn't even notice until posting just now that this only applies to Darin and myself, not moderators.

mom4 said:
Off the topic...

They apparently weren't transferrable after the upgrade. The future version will have the ability to implement this once again.

no1tovote4 said:
Yeah! That disappeared along with the "New Posts" info...

Lost with upgrade as well, and I plan on implementing it once again.

jimnyc said:
And I didn't even notice until posting just now that this only applies to Darin and myself, not moderators.

Well I knew those things! :) I though maybe we got more per click and stuff.

Yeah - I knew it only applied to admins and above; figure that out about a week after getting the position and junk.

:gs:

jimnyc said:
There are a few options that unfortunately I can't, or don't know how, to control:

1- How many reputation clicks can a user give over each 24 hour period? Administrators are exempt from this limit. Currently set to 10

2- How many different users must you give reputation to before you can hit the same person again? Administrators are exempt from this limit. Currently set to 10
noticed. I know that I'm limited in rep given out. Seems that mods should not have privileges taken away, because we help out the board.

Thanks for providing the forum to discuss issues!

Forum List

Back