New fauxrage coming soon!

RadiomanATL

Jun 13, 2009
Not here
The Associated Press Issues Guidelines for Reporting on the Ground Zero Mosque. First Guideline: Don’t Call It the ‘Ground Zero Mosque’ - Big Journalism

OMG!!! They are teh SPINNING!

this-is-an-outrage.jpg

Truth is that this subject is getting old. We have all pretty much said all that can be said. Now we can only wait to see what different involved factions do.

If the mosque gets built it will be known as the ground zero mosque, no matter what they name it.

True,

But I don't think that the AP is "spinning" when they are trying to be as accurate as possible. FWIW, I think that taking the stance they are is probably the most neutral one they could take.

If the mosque gets built it will be known as the ground zero mosque, no matter what they name it.

True,

But I don't think that the AP is "spinning" when they are trying to be as accurate as possible. FWIW, I think that taking the stance they are is probably the most neutral one they could take.

They are making every attempt to be PC, I wonder if they would do a story which included the damage done to the building on 9-11-01?

They are making every attempt to be PC, I wonder if they would do a story which included the damage done to the building on 9-11-01?

Actually, they're making every attempt to get the facts right.

i've been gone a couple days. has anyone addressed the 9/11/11 rumor?

True,

I don't consider what they're doing an attempt to be PC. I view it as an attempt to be accurate.

That is certainly one way to look at it.

No, it's a fact.

This mosque is not at Ground Zero. Saying it is would be dishonest. Of course, the POS that runs that site left some things out of the AP report.

The mosque IS at Ground Zero, it is not ON Ground Zero.

When you take a pic standing at the fence of the White House where are you? Are you IN the White House or AT the White House?

If white supremacists neo nazis were to build a recurring center 500 feet from the gate of Auschwitz, is that AT Auschwitz or in/on Auschwitz.

"At" denotes proximity.

No, it's a fact.

This mosque is not at Ground Zero. Saying it is would be dishonest. Of course, the POS that runs that site left some things out of the AP report.

When you take a pic standing at the fence of the White House where are you? Are you IN the White House or AT the White House?

If white supremacists neo nazis were to build a recurring center 500 feet from the gate of Auschwitz, is that AT Auschwitz or in/on Auschwitz.

"At" denotes proximity.
maybe your definition of "at" is different from mine, but how does a few blocks away constitute "at"?

No, it's a fact.

If you were taking the picture a block or 2 away from the White House, I would just say you were "in" DC.

No, it's a fact.

"At" denotes proximity.
maybe your definition of "at" is different from mine, but how does a few blocks away constitute "at"?

Been to NYC? Have any idea how short those blocks are? its only about 500 feet away.

No, it's a fact.

"At" denotes proximity.
would you consider WTC7 part of "ground zero"?

"At" denotes proximity.
would you consider WTC7 part of "ground zero"?

Yes the Mosque is only one block from where WTC 7 used to stand. if I read the maps right.

Forum List

Back