New evidence suggests Stone Age hunters from Europe discovered America

Well, we knew it was just a matter of time before "new evidence" showed that whites discovered America.

Wow, leave it to a libtard to get racisalism into the subject.

:razz:

Und der Katze sagt:

Libtards? Is it OK with you if I refer to right-wingers as "condorks?" How about "condicks?" Or maybe "condildoes?" No, wait. Try "condickweeds!"

When liberals say stupid things they are being libtards, and when conservatives say stupid things they are wingnuts. When people are mostly in libtard or wingnut mode I refer to them as being libtards or wingnuts.

You sound like you wanna be a libtard, but I dont think the term warranted yet in regard to you, lol, but there is little hope.

Wow, leave it to a libtard to get racisalism into the subject.

:razz:
Rather ODD to use the term DISCOVERED for a land that was already there, inhabited, and with functional societies.

Und der Katze sagt:

But you have to ask the question, "What were those Indians doing on our land when we got here?"

They were eating, fucking, shitting, hunting, gathering food, what the hell else do you expect?

This is one of my pet peeves.

The Bill of Rights is a literal and absolute document.
The First Amendment doesn't say you have a right to speak out unless the government has a 'compelling interest' in censoring the Internet.
The Second Amendment doesn't say you have the right to keep and bear arms until some madman plants a bomb.
The Fourth Amendment doesn't say you have the right to be secure from search and seizure unless some FBI agent thinks you fit the profile of a terrorist.
The government has no right to interfere with any of these freedoms under any circumstances. - Harry Browne

Und der Katze sagt:

We will do exactly as we are told by the government. Otherwise, we will be visiting one of those detention centers that were built under the Bush II administration. And no, the military will not side with the people in any sort of civil disturbance, as some of the right-wingers hope.

The First Amendment doesn't say you have a right to speak out unless the government has a 'compelling interest' in censoring the Internet.
The Second Amendment doesn't say you have the right to keep and bear arms until some madman plants a bomb.
The Fourth Amendment doesn't say you have the right to be secure from search and seizure unless some FBI agent thinks you fit the profile of a terrorist.
The government has no right to interfere with any of these freedoms under any circumstances. - Harry Browne

Und der Katze sagt:

We will do exactly as we are told by the government. Otherwise, we will be visiting one of those detention centers that were built under the Bush II administration. And no, the military will not side with the people in any sort of civil disturbance, as some of the right-wingers hope.
The Second Amendment does have "A WELL ARMED MILITIA" before the BEAR ARMS part though.

Rather ODD to use the term DISCOVERED for a land that was already there, inhabited, and with functional societies.

Und der Katze sagt:

But you have to ask the question, "What were those Indians doing on our land when we got here?"
They were being NATIVE Americans before Europeans decided they want to be Americans too.

Und der Katze sagt:

That was a rhetorical question, and I think it went over his head, at mach one, around a thousand feet.

Und der Katze sagt:

Well, the rest of the amoebas must stand in awe at your intellectual prowess......... :cool:

I don't doubt that pre-historic early men "discovered" the Western hemisphere more than once over the last 40,000 years or so.

In fact I would be very surprised if that did NOT happen.

I expect that prehistorical groups migrated east from Europe over an ice bridge, west from Asia over an ice bridge and also migrating both east and west via ocean voyages.

But it appears, based on genetics, that the group whose migrations ended with them dominating the western hemiphere was the people who came via Asia.

I agree, stone age hunters, the Chinese, Africans and even the Vikings are mere footnotes in the discovery of America. They either didn't stay, died out or became so intermingled with the majority population as to be unrecognizable without modern DNA analysis. The real modern history of America didn't occur until Columbus returned and told people about the place. While all this may be interesting, it doesn't amount to discovery, if no one knows about it.

Und der Katze sagt:

They were being NATIVE Americans before Europeans decided they want to be Americans too.

And now we are NATIVE Americans as well, most of us having never set one foot in Europe.

Und der Katze sagt:

The Second Amendment does have "A WELL ARMED MILITIA" before the BEAR ARMS part though.

The 'unorganized militia' is basically the pool of available men eligable to be drafted into military service, basically. Since women will soon see assignment to combat arms units, they will be eligable for the draft shortly thereafter when some libtard takes it to court.

Und der Katze sagt:

Lol, this is something that amazes me about libtards when they think we must all lie prostrate before the government.

We are getting our asses kicked by the Taliban, why? Because they wont stop and they use their resources cleverly. Our combat technology is not helping us in the long run as continued war there is bankrupting since all those high tech weapons are pretty damend expensive.

Aside from the Taliban, there was Micheal Colins who led the IRA against the largest and most powerful empire on Earth at that time, the British Empire. And he won by targetting the specific people charged with suppressing revolt in Ireland and left the rest of the Brits alone. I suspect that if we ever have a civil war or revolt against our government, it will follow the example of Collins far more than groups like the Taliban.

But not only is this a possible thing, we American civilians are the most heavily armed and dangerous population on this globe. There are more than 60 million of us who own guns and if we simply reduced it to the one in ten that have military training and are more prone to fight the government with violence, then we would still out number the feds. And we would have the advantage of knowing who they were while they would have to investigate to find out who we are.

In short, only idiots and leftists think that the American people cannot overthrow their government any time we want to.

We just dont want to. For all its faults it is still the best government on Earth.

But the leftwing Stalinist wannabes had better not let it go to their heads.

There are older sites in the Americas than those found on the East Coast. As far as who 'discovered' America, the ancestors of the Native Americans were the ones that came and managed to live here effectively enough that theirs is the very dominant genetic strain up to the time of the Europeans invasion.

During the ice age, it would have been quite possible for people from Asia or Europe to have skirted the ice and come down the coast on either side of the continent.

What does "stone age" mean? Is it alleged that non-human or sub-human Neanderthals discovered America?

Hmm, I dont think that Neanderthals were nonhuman, just a different subspecies that apparently interbred with modern humans and was assimilated into the modern gene pool.

There are older sites in the Americas than those found on the East Coast. As far as who 'discovered' America, the ancestors of the Native Americans were the ones that came and managed to live here effectively enough that theirs is the very dominant genetic strain up to the time of the Europeans invasion.

And why do you suppose there wasnt a group of humans already living here when the Asiatic nomads came here? Why do you suppose that some kind of Cromagnon groups did not live in the Americas, coming here in the prior intergalatial period?

During the ice age, it would have been quite possible for people from Asia or Europe to have skirted the ice and come down the coast on either side of the continent.

True, apparently this was possible for the last 500k years or so.

Forum List

Back