New England hires Josh McDaniels back

Article 15

Dr. House slayer
Jul 4, 2008
As expected, Josh McDaniels is returning to his NFL roots and reuniting with Bill Belichick and Tom Brady as a member of the Patriots coaching staff.

McDaniels will replace the departing Bill O’Brien - who was introduced yesterday as Penn State’s new head coach - as offensive coordinator, though a league source said McDaniels may have an expanded role with the team.

According to the source, a deal has been finalized with McDaniels, who has been in New England since Friday night.

Josh McDaniels back on Patriots staff - The Boston Globe

I'm okay with this.

However, I find the Belichick heir apparent whispers disturbing. Not Yurt butthurt level disturbing but disturbing nonetheless.

01.jpg

Not one of the coaches from his tree has ever been a winner. Weise to Mcdaniels to
Mangini all failed after leaving New England. Even Belichick was a failure before he went to New England.

I think a great coach can build a team from scratch and transform losers to winners. A good coach can maintain this team after the great coach has left. Parcells - Belichick in NE. A poor coach will hasten the decline of a great team i.e. Dallas - Switzer Luck never hurts either Brady and Belichick are a perfect example.

Forum List

Back