New Employee in my Division

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
I work for a Corps Staff - we've got a bright, shining new 'employee' along with the ~150 other members of this directorate:

ehren_watada.jpg

Yay. :-/

dmp said:
I work for a Corps Staff - we've got a bright, shining new 'employee' along with the ~150 other members of this directorate:

ehren_watada.jpg

Yay. :-/

YOU are kidding? Shoot him.

I'm quite serious. :-/

If I run into him in the halls I'll treat his Commission with respect due; unless he stops me to ask me what I feel about him and his non-balls-having self, I'll just keep walking. It's not my place to torment or bother him at work - especially IN uniform.

dmp said:
If I run into him in the halls I'll treat his Commission with respect due

At Officer Basic School, I heard a great saying:

"Rank among lieutenants is like virtue among whores."

There are two lessons I took from this:

1. Second lieutenants should not salute first lieutenants or call them Sir/Ma'am.

2. The rest of the Army looks somewhat down on lieutenants. :D

dmp said:
I'm quite serious. :-/

If I run into him in the halls I'll treat his Commission with respect due; unless he stops me to ask me what I feel about him and his non-balls-having self, I'll just keep walking. It's not my place to torment or bother him at work - especially IN uniform.
You can tell him ya know a former Warrant Officer that says "HEY, :finger: LT".

Bullypulpit said:
The UCMJ does permit an individual to refuse to obey an unlawful order. Had more done so, we wouldn't be in Iraq.

What's unlawful about "You will get on a jet"? What's unlawful about "Once there, you will do the job to which you swore an oath"??

Do we (we = people with a good grasp on reality) have to beat you down with "The Iraqi war IS legal"? Is that what you're fishing for? A legal/mental beat-down? :)

That LT simply SAYING the war is illegal, or YOU saying the war is illegal doesn't make it so. You have to PROVE it.

Bullypulpit said:
The UCMJ does permit an individual to refuse to obey an unlawful order. Had more done so, we wouldn't be in Iraq.
When one enlists in the United States Military, active duty or reserve, they take the following oath:
I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice.
Go fish Bully, he doesn’t have a case. An order to commit a crime is unlawful. An order to perform a military duty, no matter how dangerous is lawful, as long as it doesn't involve commission of a crime. Deployment is not a crime.

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM
Guess who works RIGHT outside my office door now? Guess who I just met? Yup - Now he works in my BRANCH. My boss is in his rating chain.

weird.

Forum List

Back