New Ellis Islands

gkjpalmer

Aug 14, 2012
We know that people from South America want to come to America for a number of reasons.
If we did a better job of facilitating them, then we have a better opportunity for control.

Ellis Island provided this in the early 1900s and we could direct Immigrants there because they were arriving by ship.

But today, if we provided transportation and facilities and personel placed strategically along the border, (make the process easier), would significantly fewer cross illegally?

Now, someone reading this will cry out; Who is going to pay for it!, the old tactic to dismiss an idea without examining the possibilities and benefits and potential solutions.

I have thought about funding and I do have ideas...but before we move on to the "whos gonna pay for it debate", would it work if it were here right now and what would it look like?

It would be a valid argument if we allowed people in on the same basis as we did when they came through Ellis Island. No education, no welfare, if they got sick, they got better or died in the streets. No school provided lunches, breakfasts or dinners. No housing. Nothing. The same basis.

K&D
My Family as well as many others came through Ellis Island. It was not easy for them once they were here, but they made their way and did not SNEAK around the sytem. They got educated. They worked towards their OWN welfare, including being able to better care for their health, diet and shelter.

Those conditions would have been drastically worse for them had they arrived illegally without the process which facilitated their arrival. If it was worse and took longer, who Benefits and how many more societal and economic problems would require attemps to "Control" because immigration was not amply facilitated and controlled in the first place?

Come on! Your not going to "plan" the house because it might not withstand a fire and get messy, but its gonna be built anyways?

We know that people from South America want to come to America for a number of reasons.
If we did a better job of facilitating them, then we have a better opportunity for control.

Ellis Island provided this in the early 1900s and we could direct Immigrants there because they were arriving by ship.

But today, if we provided transportation and facilities and personel placed strategically along the border, (make the process easier), would significantly fewer cross illegally?

Now, someone reading this will cry out; Who is going to pay for it!, the old tactic to dismiss an idea without examining the possibilities and benefits and potential solutions.

I have thought about funding and I do have ideas...but before we move on to the "whos gonna pay for it debate", would it work if it were here right now and what would it look like?

All immigration should be halted because we cannot afford it when our natural resources are running and the population will deplete faster than we expect. We are no longer into nation building but nation survival and we allow millions to enter legally each year. We cannot afford a complete new class of poverty to immigrate. All immigrants shoud have something to offer and not all moochers like the 20 million we have. Not enforcing our immigration laws will lead to economical destruction sooner than later. We never learn from our mistakes.

Forum List

Back