New dude from Texas.

New construction I would agree, but remodeling will come back. I hate new construction. remodeling is laid back and leaves me feeling good about the work I did. Hang in there.

You could despise the "ruling class" more then I.Welcome.
What kind of job would you be looking for if you were not so busy with all the free time you have?

I paint, and build cabinets. I also work part time (10-15 hrs. a week) at an archery shop. Things are looking up, just not as fast as I would like it to. I am soooo glad that I saved some money . I came out ok compared to most. I did go into the hole paying my help but not to bad.

xcited1, I do look for work, but I have payed my dues and will not flip burgers or scrub toilets unless my family is starving or rent wont be payed. I also get most of my business from folks who want remodeling done and they just are not buying yet. As far as posting on political message boards in the wee hours of the morning, I can do that because I followed the wisdom imparted to us by the story of the grass hopper and the ant, so I am not as bad off as most of the country. Thanks for the welcome guys. I like this place.

I'm just messin' with you. Actually, I need some remodeling work done on my main home so if you're ever in Little Rock, let me know. :thup:

:welcome:

(And BTW, it's xsited1, not xcited1. :tongue:)

What kind of job would you be looking for if you were not so busy with all the free time you have?

I paint, and build cabinets. I also work part time (10-15 hrs. a week) at an archery shop. Things are looking up, just not as fast as I would like it to. I am soooo glad that I saved some money . I came out ok compared to most. I did go into the hole paying my help but not to bad.

xcited1, I do look for work, but I have payed my dues and will not flip burgers or scrub toilets unless my family is starving or rent wont be payed. I also get most of my business from folks who want remodeling done and they just are not buying yet. As far as posting on political message boards in the wee hours of the morning, I can do that because I followed the wisdom imparted to us by the story of the grass hopper and the ant, so I am not as bad off as most of the country. Thanks for the welcome guys. I like this place.

Damned shame you're so far away.

I've got some small cabinetry projects I could throw your way.

I'd do them except I know that I'm a total hack carpentar suitable only for the most elementary 2 by 4 technology projects.

I'd do them except I know that I'm a total hack carpentar suitable only for the most elementary 2 by 4 technology projects.

That's our trade secret, you see interior carpentry really is not brain surgery. we just make it look that way. A good book and patience will get you pretty far.

For starters, the question was rude to begin with.
Secondly, you don't have to respond to such questions.
Thirdly, Glad you aren't too bad off. Things will get worse though, so keep on doing what you're doing. People can't buy new stuff any more. They will need someone with your talents to fix what they already have and wanna keep.

I'm just messin' with you. Actually, I need some remodeling work done on my main home so if you're ever in Little Rock, let me know. :thup:

:welcome:

(And BTW, it's xsited1, not xcited1. :tongue:)

I did not mean to sound curt.

You could join the Army.

Infantry division is always looking for a few more ignorant hicks to put on the front lines. :thup:

construction will never come back...it will go the way of textiles etc.....the young wont go into it anymore....it will become a lost art....

Yeah right, cuz nothing is ever gonna need to be built again. :cuckoo:

That's a good point. As for joining the army, Hell No, I am to old and fat for that shit any more. Ignorant hick ? ok if you like. thanks for the welcom

That's our trade secret, you see interior carpentry really is not brain surgery. we just make it look that way. A good book and patience will get you pretty far.

I have tremendous respect for most trademen and their mechanical abilities and no, I don't entirely agree with you that I can learn craftmanship out of a book. I could lean it in theory, now doubt, but becoming a craftman takes working as a craftman

So, you are right that I could probably -- with great effort and a lot of waste as I learned these crafts--do a LOT of things I hire qualified people to do.

But my investment to develop those skills (and have the tools and so forth) would not really economic sense as the total amount of such work I will need done in my lifetime wouldn't justify the enormous effort.

Forum List

Back