New Dog's a Bitch

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
Well.. we've have this dog about 6 weeks now, it's a cute little squirt a chihuahua/papillon mix, about 9 months old. The gals in the house love it, it's friendly, cuddly, warm and loving.

I get near it runs away growling, barks at me and if I go to pet it (when it gets sick of running away) the little bitch... tries to bite me. I have it to the point that it will take snacks out of my hand but try to touch it, damn.

It doesn't like men, friends come over and it's fine with the ladies but men, forget about it. My daughters long haired boyfriend comes over no problem, cuts his hair short (about time) and comes over, bitch city. I assume it's was tortured by some jerk.

So anyway, I'm not about to shave off the mustache, wear a dress, put on a wig and I've had it with this little stinker. What would you do, tick off the gals and get rid of it, put up with it or save it until spring and use it for fish bait. (kidding)

Any ideas...

Last edited:
Well.. we've have this dog about 6 weeks now, it's a cute little squirt a chihuahua/papillon mix, about 9 months old. The gals in the house love it, it's friendly, cuddly, warm and loving.

I get near it runs away growling, barks at me and if I go to pet it (when it gets sick of running away) the little bitch... tries to bite me. I have it to the point that it will take snacks out of my hand but try to touch it, damn.

It doesn't like men, friends come over and it's fine with the ladies but men, forget about it. My daughters long haired boyfriend comes over no problem, cuts his hair short (about time) and comes over, bitch city. I assume it's was tortured by some jerk.

So anyway, I'm not about to shave off the mustache, wear a dress, put on a wig and I've had it with this little stinker. What would you do, tick of the gals and get rid of it, put up with it or save it until spring and use it for fish bait. (kidding)

Any ideas...

Find a good dog trainer - more than the sit/stay kind - and work through it with the dog. When we first got our dog (collie mutt) from the SPCA she was very, very hand shy around my husband. We figured maybe the original owner was male and smacked the dog, don't know. But over time she lost all of that and just loves him. Then again with your dog it could just be she is defending the girls cause she thinks your a bad guy! lol I'd find out to see if the behavior can be corrected cause if not . . . . you have a decision to make.

What's the dog's name? (You referred to the dog as 'it' --- me thinks you don't like that damn dog! :D)

If I ever got a papillon I'd name it Steve McQueen.

Last edited:
I'll be back soon.. NHL Sharks, Chicago last 9 min. ...sorry

So anyway, I'm not about to shave off the mustache, wear a dress, put on a wig and I've had it with this little stinker. What would you do, tick of the gals and get rid of it, put up with it or save it until spring and use it for fish bait. (kidding)

Any ideas...

Find a good dog trainer - more than the sit/stay kind - and work through it with the dog. When we first got our dog (collie mutt) from the SPCA she was very, very hand shy around my husband. We figured maybe the original owner was male and smacked the dog, don't know. But over time she lost all of that and just loves him. Then again with your dog it could just be she is defending the girls cause she thinks your a bad guy! lol I'd find out to see if the behavior can be corrected cause if not . . . . you have a decision to make.

What's the dog's name? (You referred to the dog as 'it' --- me thinks you don't like that damn dog! :D)

The dogs name is Moka although I've been given to calling it Sphincster lately, for obvious reasons. I like the little twerp actually but it is getting on my nerves. I've never had an dog not like me before, usually they won't leave me alone. I'll consider training, seems like a smart little squirt. I was just looking for some home remedies, at this point though.
We also have a chihuahua/russel terrier mix, "Nina" that's 2 years old, great dog.

The dog is part of the family, you can not get rid of it. Learn to live with it. Chihuahua are nuts anyway, I have 2 ).

Geezz, I've read allot of your posts and enjoyed them. Funny, you didn't strike me as a big-ol-softy...:disbelief:

Your right, I suppose, after all it's 3 to 1 around here, I don't stand a chance...:lol:
Ok.. I do have dreams of power and grandeur..:lol:

Get one of Cesar Milan's books. He's the Dog Whisperer.

I believe he has an online dog training course. There is nobody like that guy.

Any ideas...

The dogs name is Moka although I've been given to calling it Sphincster lately, for obvious reasons. I like the little twerp actually but it is getting on my nerves. I've never had an dog not like me before, usually they won't leave me alone. I'll consider training, seems like a smart little squirt. I was just looking for some home remedies, at this point though.
We also have a chihuahua/russel terrier mix, "Nina" that's 2 years old, great dog.

Oh, well in that case . . . . BEER. :D

Did you mean.... 'Oh, well in that.... CASE OF BEER'... A case of beer is better than a pitcher, I find!

*Runs off to find her stash of Old Speckled Hen*

Did you mean.... 'Oh, well in that.... CASE OF BEER'... A case of beer is better than a pitcher, I find!

*Runs off to find her stash of Old Speckled Hen*

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The more you feel animosity towards this dog the more it will hate you.

Take this dog for a long walk every day and treat her kindly.

Forum List

Back