New Discovery Found From Ancient Israel

Not that old.

There was no Israel 5000 years ago.

That may be true. The oldest known records of human civilization began around 4000 years ago in the Levant with a natural water supply. However, Africa & Australia can make a good case for the first known humans under today's scientific classification. I think the point here is that there were no Muslim Palestinians around then to claim "Israel is stealing 'Palestinian' land." So how is it that the Palestinians & their supporters now can claim "Israel is stealing 'Palestinian' land" when it was Israel's land long before there were any Muslim Palestinians?

And there were no Jews around either.

What's your point?

Welll then, have you not heard of the Hebrews or Israelites? I don't thiink they were Muslims, do you?

Not that old.

That may be true. The oldest known records of human civilization began around 4000 years ago in the Levant with a natural water supply. However, Africa & Australia can make a good case for the first known humans under today's scientific classification. I think the point here is that there were no Muslim Palestinians around then to claim "Israel is stealing 'Palestinian' land." So how is it that the Palestinians & their supporters now can claim "Israel is stealing 'Palestinian' land" when it was Israel's land long before there were any Muslim Palestinians?

What's your point?

Welll then, have you not heard of the Hebrews or Israelites? I don't thiink they were Muslims, do you?

What's your point? None of them were around 5000 years ago. No Jews. No Muslims.

So what?

Not that old.

What's your point?

What's your point? None of them were around 5000 years ago. No Jews. No Muslims.

So what?

Okay. So was around say 3000 years ago? Jews or Muslims? Once again the point is as was previously stated. the point here is that there were no Muslim Palestinians around then to claim "Israel is stealing 'Palestinian' land." So how is it that the Palestinians & their supporters now can claim "Israel is stealing 'Palestinian' land" when it was Israel's land long before there were any Muslim Palestinians?[/QUOTE]

Not that old.

What's your point?

So what?

Okay. So WHO was around say 3000 years ago? Jews or Muslims? Once again the point is as was previously stated. the point here is that there were no Muslim Palestinians around then to claim "Israel is stealing 'Palestinian' land." So how is it that the Palestinians & their supporters now can claim "Israel is stealing 'Palestinian' land" when it was Israel's land long before there were any Muslim Palestinians?[/QUOTE]

Not that old.

What's your point?

So what?

Okay. So was around say 3000 years ago? Jews or Muslims? Once again the point is as was previously stated. the point here is that there were no Muslim Palestinians around then to claim "Israel is stealing 'Palestinian' land." So how is it that the Palestinians & their supporters now can claim "Israel is stealing 'Palestinian' land" when it was Israel's land long before there were any Muslim Palestinians?
[/QUOTE]

You are truly dense. There were people in Palestine 3,000 years ago and the Palestinians today are mostly the descendants of the same people. What religion they were is not relevant. The religions were closely tied to the tribes/languages such as Amorite, Hurrian, Ugaritic, Phoenician, Aramaic, Moabite, Phillistine, Hebrew etc. Ancestors of today's Muslim and Christian Palestinians included Jews.

Not that old.

What's your point?

So what?

Okay. So was around say 3000 years ago? Jews or Muslims? Once again the point is as was previously stated. the point here is that there were no Muslim Palestinians around then to claim "Israel is stealing 'Palestinian' land." So how is it that the Palestinians & their supporters now can claim "Israel is stealing 'Palestinian' land" when it was Israel's land long before there were any Muslim Palestinians?

How can the Jews claim the Palestinians are "squatters" then?

Seriously - the entire argument gets retarded when people start going back a millinium or too to try and justify land grabs from the people who, in recent history are occupying territories. Israel has taken land from the people who have been occupying it in recent history just like a number of Arab countries confiscated land and property from their Jewish population when they were expelled during the establishment of modern Israel.

Seriously - the entire argument gets retarded when people start going back a millennium or two to try and justify land grabs<snip>

Agreed. But such is the case here at this site. It is a good thing none of us are called to the negotiation table, by gawd!

What's your point?

So what?

You are truly dense. There were people in Palestine 3,000 years ago and the Palestinians today are mostly the descendants of the same people. What religion they were is not relevant. The religions were closely tied to the tribes/languages such as Amorite, Hurrian, Ugaritic, Phoenician, Aramaic, Moabite, Phillistine, Hebrew etc. Ancestors of today's Muslim and Christian Palestinians included Jews.

If I understand you correctly, we have a green light, a GO on the mission to ethnically cleanse all non-European people out of Europe. That's what you're saying, right?

What's your point?

So what?

If I understand you correctly, we have a green light, a GO on the mission to ethnically cleanse all non-European people out of Europe. That's what you're saying, right?

Wow, you must be the king of non sequitors. LOL

Definition: Non sequitor (Latin) A conclusion or statement that does not logically follow from the previous argument or statement.

So what?

Wow, you must be the king of non sequitors. LOL

Definition: Non sequitor (Latin) A conclusion or statement that does not logically follow from the previous argument or statement.

Explain it to me as though I were a dim-witted liberal. What's the point of your criticism about Israel and the ancient population structure of the region? What bearing does that have on today's world?

Seriously - the entire argument gets retarded when people start going back a millennium or two to try and justify land grabs<snip>

Agreed. But such is the case here at this site. It is a good thing none of us are called to the negotiation table, by gawd!

:eusa_shhh: .... I've got plenty of popcorn if you'd like some...

Who do you think the Palestinians descended from. Caanites, Philistines, Jews, Samaritans etc. It's the European Jews that are the outsiders.

The Palestinians, Jewish, Christian and Muslim that lived in Palestine before the arrival of the Zionists were all related. I suspect there was plenty of intermarriage and religious conversion before the Europeans arrived, too. The Palestinian Jews were a tiny portion of the population, as the 1921 Interim Report of the Mandatory states, prior to the arrival of the Europeans. It was this European invasion that caused the Christian and Muslim Palestinians to become wary and diffident, as they obviously should have been given how it turned out.

So why all the focus on European Jews? They live in Israel. Am I wrong? Aren't you implying something about European Jews being outsiders to the region, to Israel? Even if they are outsiders, why is that important? What meaning do you intend we readers take from your comments?

What's your point?

So what?

Seriously - the entire argument gets retarded when people start going back a millinium or too to try and justify land grabs from the people who, in recent history are occupying territories. Israel has taken land from the people who have been occupying it in recent history just like a number of Arab countries confiscated land and property from their Jewish population when they were expelled during the establishment of modern Israel.

If I own land & die & someone else moves in on it with no title or deed, does my land become theirs?

The "Israelites", if they existed at all, were allegedly exterminated by the Pharoah Meneptah in approximately1200 BCE. The 1948 European Zionists just lifted the name from several options available to them.

Oh, in case you hadn't noticed I rated your OP as informative. Interesting article, that.

Thanks! And where were all these Muslim Palestinians at the time of the discovery? Holy mackeral, is it actually possible they are a bunch of squatters occupying Israel's ancent land?

No just the other way around.

Not that old.

article:

Not that old.

What's your point?

Here:

A lunar-crescent-shaped stone monument that dates back around 5,000 years has been identified in Israel
Pottery excavated at the structure indicates the monument dates to amongst 3050 B.C. and 2650 B.C., meaning it is likely older than the pyramids of Egypt. It was also constructed before much of Stonehengewas constructed.
Mesopotamian moon god named Sin, Wachtel said.
An ancient town named Bet Yerah (which translates to "house of the moon god") is situated only a day's walk from the crescent-shaped monument Wachtel noted. As such, the monument might have helped mark the town's borders. When the monument is located inside walking variety of the city it is as well far away to be an productive fortification.
Wachtel's work at the crescent-shaped monument was performed as part of his master's thesis.These days, individuals living in the area call the monument by its Arabic name, Rujum en-Nabi Shua'ayb, and it is from time to time referred to as the "Jethro Cairn," a reference to the Druze prophet Jethro, who plays an vital function

(there you are , not jewish, unless they worshipped the moon God sin. Of course Abraham was from Ur where they did worship the moon God, so Hebrews are a different sect of arabs, ok, but the Israelites battled the land from the Canaanites who were there first, and now they are battling it back. They never really owned much of it for any period of time.

What's your point?

So what?

If I own land & die & someone else moves in on it with no title or deed, does my land become theirs?

Depends on the country, the laws, the era - no simple answer there.

However - in the US, if someone inhabits a place for a certain number of years uncontested - they can claim it.

Not that old.

What's your point?

So what?

Okay. So WHO was around say 3000 years ago? Jews or Muslims? Once again the point is as was previously stated. the point here is that there were no Muslim Palestinians around then to claim "Israel is stealing 'Palestinian' land." So how is it that the Palestinians & their supporters now can claim "Israel is stealing 'Palestinian' land" when it was Israel's land long before there were any Muslim Palestinians?
[/QUOTE]

As to WHO was around, the answer is simple. The ancestors of many of the people who currently occupy that region and call themselves (today) Jews, Muslims, Christians, Druze and possibly other things.

"If I own land & die & someone else moves in on it with no title or deed, does my land become theirs?"

"In Roman law, usucapio laws allowed someone who was in possession of a good without title to become the lawful proprietor if the original owner didn't show up after some time (one or two years), unless the good was obtained illegally (by theft or force). Stemming from Roman law and its successor, the Napoleonic Code adopted as the basis of law in France, Belgium, Italy, Luxembourg, Portugal, Spain and also in part, by the Netherlands and Germany, adverse possession generally recognizes two time periods for the acquisition of property: 30 years and some lesser time period, depending on the bona fides of the possessor and the location of the parties involved."

Adverse possession - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back