New direction for Windows?

Microsoft is working on something they call 'Sets', a browser like tabbed interface that groups apps and files by project. It may be years before it's released and supposedly will only work with Apps from Microsoft's store. They do claim the 'Sets' version will be optional.

Windows 10's future look could be Sets, a tabbed app interface Microsoft will start testing
Windows 10 is so screwed up that I maintain a dual drive with windows 7 and 10 I use 7 most of the time because MS is screwing 10 up with so many update that the system is working as fast as the ori: DOS. Been thinking about using another operating system.

Interesting. I have 10 on this comp. Not a single problem.

I have XT on the other and (cough) Windows 95 on the oldest. No probs there either, though 95 just plays old games. I have Flight Simulator 95 with the old Meigs Airport in Chicago, and the twin towers in NYC. :lol:
I have 10 on this comp

Sooo, how do you like having a dedicated Microsoft workstation as opposed to a PC............

Whatever works.
Big-Brother-Is-Watching-You-94815124855.jpg

I slapped boiling hot tar on his eyes, and I keep no personal info on this comp. If he wants to track the news I view, shrug.

I'm putting together a new PC and I'm going to try Win 10 on it. :ack-1:

I'll get another cheap version of 7 if 10 ends up being too much of a PITA. With 7 hitting the end of updates stage, it just seems like the time to take the plunge and hope 10 isn't too annoying.

I've also been reading that Win 7 might not work well with some of the newer chips, and I'm deciding between a Ryzen 5 1600 and a Ryzen 5 2600 at the moment. It might not be important, but again, it's a push toward me trying 10.

Microsoft is working on something they call 'Sets', a browser like tabbed interface that groups apps and files by project. It may be years before it's released and supposedly will only work with Apps from Microsoft's store. They do claim the 'Sets' version will be optional.

Windows 10's future look could be Sets, a tabbed app interface Microsoft will start testing
Microshit's Best & Brightest set for yet another multi decade effort that could be accomplished in 2 years by people possessing the actual skill set?

I found this tool TidyTabs which allows to tab any programs together. Unfortunately, the free version is heavily restricted.

TidyTabs Versions & Pricing

Been too long to remember, but there was a program a good 15 years ago that sort of did the same thing...sort of. It was for monitoring multiple servers, you could see the screens of numerous servers in one window. It basically looked like a bunch of little desktop thumbnails that were live. And you could click on one to bring it up and of course control the server as if you were at the terminal.

I put together my new PC and put 10 on it. At first there was no Cortana, yay! That lasted for a couple of updates. :p

I'm still doing updates, so it will be a while before I get a feel for things. I hope I don't get that 100% drive use error.

Slightly related observation: I bought an M.2 SSD for this machine, and wow! is it small. I was expecting something like a stick of RAM, but this 500GB drive is just tiny!

Forum List

Back