New direction for Windows?

Right now it looks like Sets is designed to work through Edge........... Go figure........

Who the hell wants another proprietary system that locks you into one company?

To get an idea of where they may be going Stardock has released it's own version. Pretty sure it doesn't use Edge as it's foundation.........

Microsoft is working on something they call 'Sets', a browser like tabbed interface that groups apps and files by project. It may be years before it's released and supposedly will only work with Apps from Microsoft's store. They do claim the 'Sets' version will be optional.

Windows 10's future look could be Sets, a tabbed app interface Microsoft will start testing
Windows 10 is so screwed up that I maintain a dual drive with windows 7 and 10 I use 7 most of the time because MS is screwing 10 up with so many update that the system is working as fast as the ori: DOS. Been thinking about using another operating system.

Microsoft is working on something they call 'Sets', a browser like tabbed interface that groups apps and files by project. It may be years before it's released and supposedly will only work with Apps from Microsoft's store. They do claim the 'Sets' version will be optional.

Windows 10's future look could be Sets, a tabbed app interface Microsoft will start testing
Windows 10 is so screwed up that I maintain a dual drive with windows 7 and 10 I use 7 most of the time because MS is screwing 10 up with so many update that the system is working as fast as the ori: DOS. Been thinking about using another operating system.
I reverted back to Win 7 on my gamer but have Kubuntu 18.04 on my other desktop and this laptop.

To get an idea of where they may be going Stardock has released it's own version. Pretty sure it doesn't use Edge as it's foundation.........

Edge is awful. Very buggy and quirky.

The wife has Win 10 on her laptop (for now.......). I have Edge, Cortana and all apps I can turned off for her however Cortana still runs in the background collecting and reporting data.

I reverted back to Win 7 on my gamer but have Kubuntu 18.04 on my other desktop and this laptop.

I liked Ubuntu when I had it but I never knew which version of add-ons and extensions and programs to install from thechoices they gave you. Are you familiar with what I’m talking about?

So this is kind of like having parents describing their vision of the perfect life mate to a teenager.....

Okay.....

I liked Ubuntu when I had it but I never knew which version of add-ons and extensions and programs to install from thechoices they gave you. Are you familiar with what I’m talking about?

It's a learning curve but that's to be expected with anything new. With Ubuntu one can do a standard install which pretty much gives you everything you may need or a minimal install which cuts much of the stuff most people don't use regularly allowing the user to configure which packages (Apps) they want. I and a couple of others here are always willing to help people with setup and configuring their Linux distributions.

I think you mean the GUI interface packages, there's Gnome-based..to where you have a modern feel ..and lots of apps.

then I draw a mental block on the other. KDE, maybe?

I like the minimalist approach, so I use neither.

LX-something or other. Not the one to use if you want a feature-rich experience.

Interesting. I have 10 on this comp. Not a single problem.

I have XT on the other and (cough) Windows 95 on the oldest. No probs there either, though 95 just plays old games. I have Flight Simulator 95 with the old Meigs Airport in Chicago, and the twin towers in NYC. :lol:

I have XT on the other and (cough) Windows 95 on the oldest. No probs there either, though 95 just plays old games. I have Flight Simulator 95 with the old Meigs Airport in Chicago, and the twin towers in NYC. :lol:

You can actually do quite a bit with modern hardware and emulators.

I got um..Lo Wang to work.

I have 10 on this comp

Sooo, how do you like having a dedicated Microsoft workstation as opposed to a PC............

I have 10 on this comp

Sooo, how do you like having a dedicated Microsoft workstation as opposed to a PC............

Whatever works.

I have 10 on this comp

Whatever works.
Big-Brother-Is-Watching-You-94815124855.jpg

Forum List

Back