New details emerge: Plan was to kill 5000

Of course not. That was choice "B" after trying something more diplomatic like what britain finally used successfully with northern ireland.

I do think that having the president of "the great satan" calling for him 'dead or alive' and then not getting him for five years while he is holed up in a friggin cave somewhere is a pretty good piece of al qaeda recruitment propaganda.

So you're pretty convinced that war will end it all?

nope--nothing will end it. Nothing has ended it from the beginning of time. The question for the world is how to keep it minimalized.

Or the question for the world is how to remain true to one's own integrity, since nothing will end violence, and damn the torpedoes.

I keep coming back to diplomacy, see no way around it.

Or the question for the world is how to remain true to one's own integrity, since nothing will end violence, and damn the torpedoes.

I keep coming back to diplomacy, see no way around it.

If everyone in the world agreed with you it would be a great solution----unfortunately it has been proven time and time again to fail. Have you heard any acceptable terms upon which terrorists will agree to cease their activity?

India has shown remarkable restraint in their responses to terrorist attacks originating in Pakistan.

Perhaps they are being restrained byt he fact that the attacks did not ORIGINATE from the Pakistana government?

Just a guess of course.

From the bombings in 1993 in Bombay, to the attack on the Indian Parliament, India has not retaliated against Pakistan.

Were they acts of the Pakistani goverment? I think not.

In all these events, India held back at the insistence of the US. In return, we have done nothing to pressure the Pakistani government and military to rein in the ISI and the terrorists with whom they associate. We need to pull our heads out of our collective a$$es and let the Indians do what they need to do to fix the problem.

Are you of the opinion that the government of Pakistan is in bed with the terrorists?

That's not the impression I am getting from reading about that government.

Seems to me that the terorists are killing far more Pakistanis than they're killing Americans.

Seems to me that the pakistani people overwhelmingly voted against the political parties in Pakistan that are sympthetic to fundamentalist Islam, too.

What makes you think differently?

Perhaps they are being restrained byt he fact that the attacks did not ORIGINATE from the Pakistana government?

Just a guess of course.

Were they acts of the Pakistani goverment? I think not.

Are you of the opinion that the government of Pakistan is in bed with the terrorists?

That's not the impression I am getting from reading about that government.

Seems to me that the terorists are killing far more Pakistanis than they're killing Americans.

Seems to me that the pakistani people overwhelmingly voted against the political parties in Pakistan that are sympthetic to fundamentalist Islam, too.

What makes you think differently?

In order for the government of Pakistan not to be involved, one must assume that ISI is now totally a rogue agency. Yet, when order to 'crack down' on the border, it does. That is not the actions of a rogue agency. In fact the US and other 'allies' seem blinded by the assumption that the army and ISI are working at the behest of the government.

The more rational answer is that the Pakistani government itself is the problem, something our government and probably even India really does not want to contemplate, as it makes the whole board much more dangerous.

The ISI is really doing the will of the Pakistanie people.

They know that their brothers in India are being killed and tortured by the Hindu dominated government.

Then maybe they should move to Pakistan... you know that country carved out of India for the Muslims to live? How much religious tolerance to other Muslim countries have again? Oh right. None.

In order for the government of Pakistan not to be involved, one must assume that ISI is now totally a rogue agency. Yet, when order to 'crack down' on the border, it does. That is not the actions of a rogue agency. In fact the US and other 'allies' seem blinded by the assumption that the army and ISI are working at the behest of the government.

The more rational answer is that the Pakistani government itself is the problem, something our government and probably even India really does not want to contemplate, as it makes the whole board much more dangerous.

Our government thru the CIA and the NSA has a lot more information than we do.

The Pakistani government is struggling with the problem of terrorism in a much worse way than we are. They need our help.

Our government thru the CIA and the NSA has a lot more information than we do.

The Pakistani government is struggling with the problem of terrorism in a much worse way than we are. They need our help.

That's my impression too.

Terrorism is an idealogical force, and one which apparently doesn't have a whole lot of public support anywhere in the world.

I mean Afghanistan is probably the most primative nation on earth, and even the Afghanis seem to be thrilled not to have the Taliban running things.

We are informed, and I am inclined to believe, that the Iraqi's are less than thrilled with the Islamic fundamentalist terrrorists, too.

As, I am informed by the media, are the Pakistani people, and are as the majority of Iranians, if my sources into the mindset of the average Iranian are being honest with me.

Oh, I know a lot of people here in American think it's all about us, but it isn't it. Not even close.

The Islamic terrorists are killing way more Moslems than Christians or Hindus.

They are basically criminals, or perhaps revolutionaries seeking to gain power over any nation or region they can bully into their goofy notion of how life should be lived.

Not Sunni swears he's thrilled with living under Sharia law, and I suppose that moderate Moslems might find that comforting, but I seriously doubt that Sharia law is what most terrorists are all about.

Seems to me these people are simply so disenchanted with life that they are ready to die just to kill.

Their leaders might have grander plans, of course, but I think the dupes who kill and die for them are just truly fucked up idiots.

Last edited:
It just dawned on me. (yes I'm slow) the the terrorists portrayed in the images don't have their faces covered like AlQada usually does..

That's my impression too.

Terrorism is an idealogical force, and one which apparently doesn't have a whole lot of public support anywhere in the world.

I mean Afghanistan is probably the most primative nation on earth, and even the Afghanis seem to be thrilled not to have the Taliban running things.

We are informed, and I am inclined to believe, that the Iraqi's are less than thrilled with the Islamic fundamentalist terrrorists, too.

As, I am informed by the media, are the Pakistani people, and are as the majority of Iranians, if my sources into the mindset of the average Iranian are being honest with me.

Oh, I know a lot of people here in American think it's all about us, but it isn't it. Not even close.

The Islamic terrorists are killing way more Moslems than Christians or Hindus.

They are basically criminals, or perhaps revolutionaries seeking to gain power over any nation or region they can bully into their goofy notion of how life should be lived.

Not Sunni swears he's thrilled with living under Sharia law, and I suppose that moderate Moslems might find that comforting, but I seriously doubt that Sharia law is what most terrorists are all about.

Seems to me these people are simply so disenchanted with life that they are ready to die just to kill.

Their leaders might have grander plans, of course, but I think the dupes who kill and die for them are just truly fucked up idiots.

The terrorists are nihlists. They just want to destroy.

Possibly.

Going out in blaze of glory is an attractive way of killing oneself.

Our nutters here often commit suicide by police, too.

The police in India ran away when the terrorists showed up.

It made me think of when the LAPD fought with those bank robbers who had automatic weapons a few years ago.

The police officers only had service revolvers.

Unbelievably brave.

Forum List

Back