New deal with Cuba

Of course living standards are better than they were in the 1950s. People can buy more with what they earn. They live in bigger homes. They work less. They retire earlier. They travel more. They buy nicer cars. They own more cars. They have dishwashers. They have multiple big screen TVs. They own computers and buy things off the Internet without ever leaving their homes. They have a wider selection of better food at the grocery stores. They eat out more. And so on.

That may not apply to you but it does to most people.

No, it really doesn't. A lot of people I know couldn't retire after you cocksuckers tanked their 401K's in 2008.

Corporatism is a shit sandwich for most people. Time for something better.

Of course living standards are better than they were in the 1950s. People can buy more with what they earn. They live in bigger homes. They work less. They retire earlier. They travel more. They buy nicer cars. They own more cars. They have dishwashers. They have multiple big screen TVs. They own computers and buy things off the Internet without ever leaving their homes. They have a wider selection of better food at the grocery stores. They eat out more. And so on.

No, it really doesn't. A lot of people I know couldn't retire after you cocksuckers tanked their 401K's in 2008.

Yes it does, really. That "you know people" doesn't change the fact that the population as a whole works less and retires earlier than they did 60 years ago, or that people live better than they did half a century ago.

Sux 2 b u, I guess.

Yes it does, really. That "you know people" doesn't change the fact that the population as a whole works less and retires earlier than they did 60 years ago, or that people live better than they did half a century ago.

Sux 2 b u, I guess.
That is not so Toro. Tech is the only thing improving life for most US workers. Tech has improved the rest of the world far more than in the USA. Retirement age in the US is rising, not falling. Plus you need two earners in a household today instead of one. They are buying less gas & steak than years ago. They can only afford cheaper crap & work longer.

Last edited:

Sux 2 b u, I guess.

No, it sucks to be most working folks...

top1percentchart_web_graphic.png

This coming from the fuck that can't pick up a dictionary and see that these words aren't related in the fashion you presented. Job, you're an utter failure at everything you attempt on this board.

So again, you can't really explain your theory that corporatism and capitalism are totally different.

It doesn't require explaining for someone smart enough to read the definitions of the words, Dullard.

Sux 2 b u, I guess.

No, it sucks to be most working folks...

top1percentchart_web_graphic.png

I never said that inequality hasn't widened. That's not the issue.

The issue is that standards of living has risen since the 1950s. And they have. Median income is higher today than it was 60 years ago.

family_income_median_income_growth_productivity1.png

That is not so Toro. Tech is the only thing improving life for most US workers. Tech has improved the rest of the world far more than in the USA. Retirement age in the US is rising, not falling. Plus you need two earners in a household today instead of one. They are buying less gas & steak than years ago. They can only afford cheaper crap & work longer.

I'm talking about compared to 60 years ago, not 6 years ago.

This is data from the BLS.

CARPE DIEM Chart of the Day Retirement Age v. Life Expectancy

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-12-20 at 5.40.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-12-20 at 5.40.06 PM.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 73
I never said that inequality hasn't widened. That's not the issue.

The issue is that standards of living has risen since the 1950s. And they have. Median income is higher today than it was 60 years ago.

Standard of living has increased because people are having less kids, not because they are getting more of the benefits from "productivity".

You scumwads have gutted the middle class, which is the source of all our problems.

From the sound of the whining in this form about this subject, I never would have guess there are so many Alpha 66 members here.

This is why you're a bigot.

You assume everyone is guilty by association.

It doesn't matter if they are Mormons, financiers, Jews or blacks.

You're no different than the run-of-the-mill racists here.

Guy, what you people on Wall Street did was obvious to those of us who werent' on Wall Street. Krugman and others screamed the warning bells about what you were doing for years.

Those of you who stood around and watched are just as guilty as the guys who actually did it.

Forum List

Back