New Day Care Rules Proposed For Dolls, Milk, More

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
DENVER -- Day care centers in Colorado may have to meet new rules that regulate everything from the race of dolls to how much TV kids can watch.

According to documents obtained by 7NEWS, the changes being proposed by the Colorado Department of Human Services include:

# Children over 2 years old shall be served 1 percent, 2 percent or skim milk (unless directed in writing by a child's health care provider)
# Juice shall be limited to 4 to 6 ounces per day for children over 1 year of age and must be 100 percent juice
# TV and computer time shall be limited to 20 minutes per day unless its a special occasion
# Doll shall represent three races
# Requires child care providers and children take at least 1 physical education class per year
# Each child must have an assigned caregiver
# Nursery staff members must wear clothing that covers the lap and shoulders

The proposed changes also specify policies for hand washing, handling prescriptions and sunscreen.

"There was an asking for some specifics, but I think that they went overboard. The proposed rules are just astronomically overbearing. There’s too many of them and they’re too specific for a center to be able to remember and follow all of them," said Ida Mae Custer, Pre-School Director at Open Door Childcare in Denver.

New Day Care Rules Proposed For Dolls, Milk, More - Denver News Story - KMGH Denver

Helloooo lawsuits. I can see it now. "My daughter's pre-school teacher was wearing a tank top and missed a spot with the sunscreen. I've had to put her in baby therapy."

Forum List

Back