New Color Theme

Jul 27, 2011
Hey guys Im new here as you can see. If there is one thing I would improve upon is a new color theme The white theme is a tad bland and the yellow one is popping my eyes out. Can someone PLEASE come up with a "blue" theme? Something that is easier on the eyes? Im willing to pay for a months subscription.

Last edited:
Oh shit. I didn't even see the "yellow". On my screen it's like a very pastel celery lemon beige. I like it!
Blue is just not my color.

Giant, go to your Desktop, right click anywhere there isn't an icon on your screen and select "personalize" at the bottom of the menu. A new screen pops up, but at the bottom you will see an icon, "Window Color." Click on "Window color". Under "Item" on the drop down menu, pick "Window" and click on "color 1." Pick a turquoise or green icon from the menu. From the rainbow of a bazillion color points, Select tonish colors below, and select a pleasing color of blue or green. On the far right of the popup screne is a narrow bar that goes from light to dark turquoise or green.Place it carefully, towards the lightest colors till you find a color that pleases you.

Put it in your monitor by clicking "apply", voila, you have a new screen your eyes can tolerate better than stark white.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: del
Hey guys Im new here as you can see. If there is one thing I would improve upon is a new color theme The white theme is a tad bland and the yellow one is popping my eyes out. Can someone PLEASE come up with a "blue" theme? Something that is easier on the eyes? Im willing to pay for a months subscription.

The site theme is blue.

Quantum, some software installation applications require people to change their screens to stark white before they can install it, namely from Balkan countries. If you forgot what you saw looking over the installer's shoulder, you get stark white until you figure out how to change it. I guess I've never seen the blue you speak of.

Giant, go to your Desktop, right click anywhere there isn't an icon on your screen and select "personalize" at the bottom of the menu. A new screen pops up, but at the bottom you will see an icon, "Window Color." Click on "Window color". Under "Item" on the drop down menu, pick "Window" and click on "color 1." Pick a turquoise or green icon from the menu. From the rainbow of a bazillion color points, Select tonish colors below, and select a pleasing color of blue or green. On the far right of the popup screne is a narrow bar that goes from light to dark turquoise or green.Place it carefully, towards the lightest colors till you find a color that pleases you.

Put it in your monitor by clicking "apply", voila, you have a new screen your eyes can tolerate better than stark white.

Hope that helps.

There is no 'personaliaze' option. :( Either way we need a blue theme. Especially for the night. My eyes are poppin' out.

Quantum, some software installation applications require people to change their screens to stark white before they can install it, namely from Balkan countries. If you forgot what you saw looking over the installer's shoulder, you get stark white until you figure out how to change it. I guess I've never seen the blue you speak of.

I think he is talking about the theme in the site, not his computer.

Hope that helps.

There is no 'personaliaze' option. :( Either way we need a blue theme. Especially for the night. My eyes are poppin' out.
On older computers, it is called "options." I don't remember how to find it, but it's there. Both "personalize" on new computers and "options" on old ones have right-click properties that help you change the color of your background online. Each computer speaks a slightly different language, and the best interpreter is either the instruction manual that came with the computer or the computer company's online instruction manual that you can download and explore or print out, most usually. Desk top, right click, select "options," and go from there. It's there.

Hope that helps.

On older computers, it is called "options." I don't remember how to find it, but it's there. Both "personalize" on new computers and "options" on old ones have right-click properties that help you change the color of your background online. Each computer speaks a slightly different language, and the best interpreter is either the instruction manual that came with the computer or the computer company's online instruction manual that you can download and explore or print out, most usually. Desk top, right click, select "options," and go from there. It's there.

I found it, but it did not change the color of the area where we type on this forum. I think that's what he wanted to change. Only the bar at the very top of the screen changed. I made it a very pretty dark teal. But this screen I'm typing into is still stark white.

I found it, but it did not change the color of the area where we type on this forum. I think that's what he wanted to change. Only the bar at the very top of the screen changed. I made it a very pretty dark teal. But this screen I'm typing into is still stark white.

Thats correct. It has nothing to do with me changing anything on my end. Its simply a different theme for the forum. Most all the forums I belong to have 3-4 theme options. If someone such as a Mod or Admin can change the forum background to a nice relaxing blue that would be swell :)

My screen is shades of grey and a little bit of blue.

Grace, yellow? Now that would make my eyes fall out for sure!

Noodle, in the meantime may I recommend some shades? JK

It's not really yellow. Think cream with a touch of sand. Teal bars, dusky rose accent bars. I really like it. It's called USv1. I was using the gray/blue. This board only has two themes. And themes are expensive.

See?

30ihzmb.jpg

Maybe you should change your color resolution in your control panel of your puter.

Forum List

Back