New CNN poll shows overwhelming support for Cut, Cap, and Balance

"1. increased for everyone, not just by demonizing other Americans, such as the 'rich'."

Do you think we should ignore that the richest 1% have quadrupled their wealth under voodoo, the rest doubled theirs, while pubs demonize the victims of this REAL class warfare?

Interesting that you skipped the part about 64% of Americans being in favor of a combination of cuts AND tax increases...

As an unashamed right winger, I would accept tax increases - if they were:

1. increased for everyone, not just by demonizing other Americans, such as the 'rich'.

2. ringfenced to pay off the debt and not to provide more bullshit for special interest pork.

Well, I've seen a lot of reason and logic in several of your post (not all :razz:) and this is another example. Good post.
There is a huge difference between being Conservative (or Liberal) and being extreme. It usually just comes down to a "Party / Ideology before Country" mentality. I haven't seen you cross that line.

You obviously haven't been here long enough.

Well, I've seen a lot of reason and logic in several of your post (not all :razz:) and this is another example. Good post.
There is a huge difference between being Conservative (or Liberal) and being extreme. It usually just comes down to a "Party / Ideology before Country" mentality. I haven't seen you cross that line.

Party/Ideology before country is a line that starts when I disagree with you. Increasing debt beyond a place where we already pay 43 cents of every dollar collected to interest is not a good thing for the country. If your not a conservative or liberal, your a moderate. You can start using logic any time now. So far, it has eluded you.

It has been pointed out to me that the 43 cents is the amount of interest paid for every dollar spent by the federal government. The point is still valid.

The poll did not support the GOP's cut/cap/balance bill. Period. The poll supported a combination of tax hikes and spending cuts to balance the budget. the GOP CCB does no such thing.

Nice of you to focus on the part of the poll you like and ignore the fact that most Democrats support the CCB. Does it really feel so bad to realize that you are so far out of touch with America, and that you are actually the left wing moonbat everyone has been saying you are? Maybe some of us have a better idea where the center is than you do.

If you could read you'd know that I've always supported balancing the budget. That has nothing to do with supporting the GOP's crackpot plan.

What makes the plan crackpot? So far I have heard all sorts of things about it from people that have not read it. My guess is you have not read it either, and just oppose it because it does something it doesn't.

The poll did not support the GOP's cut/cap/balance bill. Period. The poll supported a combination of tax hikes and spending cuts to balance the budget. the GOP CCB does no such thing.

Nice of you to focus on the part of the poll you like and ignore the fact that most Democrats support the CCB. Does it really feel so bad to realize that you are so far out of touch with America, and that you are actually the left wing moonbat everyone has been saying you are? Maybe some of us have a better idea where the center is than you do.

You lied about the poll. That's your problem, not mine.

I did not, I even linked to the poll itself to back up what I said. If I lied you should be able to go to the part where it talks about the CCB and show that the support is not as high as I claim.

Your problem is that numbers scare you, you prefer stories about numbers that make you comfortable. That might work for you, but it is not working for Obama.

I did not, I even linked to the poll itself to back up what I said. If I lied you should be able to go to the part where it talks about the CCB and show that the support is not as high as I claim.

Your problem is that numbers scare you, you prefer stories about numbers that make you comfortable. That might work for you, but it is not working for Obama.

LOL!

Why guys like carbonated think they can get away with calling you "liar" when you are quoting your source is a source of constant amazement.

But don't worry. Nobody else takes carby seriously either.

The numbers overwhelmingly support a center/left position.

The numbers overwhelmingly support a center/left position.

The numbers for cut, cap, and balance are higher. If that is center left I agree with you completely.

You certainly have spun the poll quite a bit. Care to take a look and see which is closer to reality?

LOL!

Why guys like carbonated think they can get away with calling you "liar" when you are quoting your source is a source of constant amazement.

But don't worry. Nobody else takes carby seriously either.

Um carb quoted his source as well their skippy.

Carb pointed to a source that interpreted the poll in a way he liked, I pointed to the poll. Which one would you think would get a better grade in a critical thinking course?

CNN is a liberal joke station, their anchors need to remove their lips from obama's rear end before they start embarassing themselves worse then they already are doing.

*shrugs* the dates and his appearances don't seem to be working in obamas favor..

45.9 Approve 49.0 Disapprove

Poll Date Sample Approve Disapprove Spread
RCP Average 7/5 - 7/22 -- 45.9 49.0 -3.1
Rasmussen Reports 7/20 - 7/22 1500 LV 45 54 -9
Gallup 7/19 - 7/21 1500 A 43 49 -6
CNN/Opinion Research 7/18 - 7/20 1009 A 45 54 -9
FOX News 7/17 - 7/19 904 RV 45 46 -1
USA Today/Gallup 7/15 - 7/17 1016 A 45 50 -5
NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl 7/14 - 7/17 1000 A 47 48 -1
ABC News/Wash Post 7/14 - 7/17 1001 A 47 48 -1
Reuters/Ipsos 7/8 - 7/11 1173 A 49 46 +3
Quinnipiac 7/5 - 7/11 2311 RV 47 46 +1

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

Um carb quoted his source as well their skippy.

Carb pointed to a source that interpreted the poll in a way he liked, I pointed to the poll. Which one would you think would get a better grade in a critical thinking course?

neither you both cherry picked....

I cherry picked to make a point about CNN's coverage of the poll. They obviously included the question to make a point, yet they glossed over the actual results. Everyone who dislikes the actual numbers has accused me of lying, and pointed to the various stories about the poll, which all miss the question I am focusing on, as proof.

Tell me something, if that poll has shown the CCB was massively unpopular don't you think that everyone, including you, would be trumpeting those numbers? You are nothing more than a partisan hack who hates the fact that the GOP actually has a plan, and the Democrats only have talking points.

Forum List

Back